The news thread - Page 77 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just imagine you or someone you know has a lump and the biopsy is scheduled for Monday

It will now be cancelled and another date will be allocated

It is highly possible that delay in getting the biopsy could be the difference in surviving 5 years or 20 if the lump isnt benign.

Surely they have shot their bolt and it will work against them

ITV have confirmed that ITV 1, ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4 will all broadcast the funeral throughout the day

BBC havent said anything but i would imagine it will be on all their channels too and their Radio stations all moved to Radio 4

Maybe you will get arrested if you dont watch it  

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I expect to get some news other than a famous 96 year old woman has died, FFS. Has everything else on the entire planet stooped just because she died? I don't expect North Korea style propaganda for days on end. I think the weather even stopped for a couple of days. How tae fuk did they do that? "There will be no weather anywhere because the Queen is dead"

It was a great example when Kim Snr died. Stadiums full of people crying like fuck but God help you if you were dry eyed or faking it.

What this proves seeing the UK version is that 95% (made-up stat) of the Koreans in that stadium crying actually believed the bullshit they were crying over.

No different.

edit: propaganda works that is why they do it.

Edited by thplinth

The SNP hoped the Queen's loss would be fatal for the Union. But this week is their greatest setback for a generation, writes former Labour MP TOM HARRIS

By Tom Harris For The Daily Mail

Published: 22:44, 12 September 2022 | Updated: 16:13, 13 September 2022

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The SNP hoped the Queen's loss would be fatal for the Union. But this week is their greatest setback for a generation, writes former Labour MP TOM HARRIS

By Tom Harris For The Daily Mail

Published: 22:44, 12 September 2022 | Updated: 16:13, 13 September 2022

Just shows how completely out of touch Tom Harris is.

Edited by Hertsscot

32 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Big wave of pro monarchy sentiment at the moment - it has been spectacular 

really ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/15/crowd-behaviour-london-mourning-queen

And then there are many whose presence in the Queen’s mourning crowds has precious little to do with the Queen. They simply recognise that these are events of major significance. If the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace brings along spectators to view the spectacle, the changing of the monarch brings them along in spades. They want to be able to say: “I was there. I am part of history.”

Edited by Ally Bongo

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

really ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/15/crowd-behaviour-london-mourning-queen

And then there are many whose presence in the Queen’s mourning crowds has precious little to do with the Queen. They simply recognise that these are events of major significance. If the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace brings along spectators to view the spectacle, the changing of the monarch brings them along in spades. They want to be able to say: “I was there. I am part of history.”

hmmn not sure about that.  I don’t agree with monarchy, but I do respect the queen as an individual.  No way would I queue  for six hours. Not a chance.

38 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Anyone else dreading Monday already ?

I dont think we realise how bad it is going to fucking be

I'll be working the morning and then watching movies during the rest of the day.

I've been inundated with emails from different companies with same message

'To give our employees time to grieve with their families we will be closed on Monday the 19th of September'

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Anyone else dreading Monday already ?

I dont think we realise how bad it is going to fucking be

My employer lets us 'bank' bank holiday's, so I'll be working a full day and adding that day to the other holiday I have left to use later in the year.

Then in the evening, I'm going to pack for Glasgow/Krakow with a couple of beers and some Scottish tunes.