The news thread - Page 78 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On Tuesday morning the media were telling us that the queue in Edinburgh was eight hours long and since she was getting moved at 1700, they were telling folk to join the queue soon or they might be too late. My mate and his wife went along at about 0730. They asked an official where the start of the queue was. They were told "You are at the start of the queue, here are your wrist bands, just head over there and those folk will show you where to go. They were in and out again in under 30 minutes. State propaganda at it's finest.  

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

BBC reporting people in London queueing for 24 hours. If it was North Korea we'd be shaking our heads and talking about how people were brainwashed by propaganda from the state sponsored media.

North Koreans are brow beaten into this shit, these are lemmings!

36 minutes ago, phart said:

Karl Pilkington suggested when the Queen mum was lying in state they could perhaps cut her into bits and then have 6 sites for folk to visit.

Good idea since that's what they did to Wallace

BBC censoring Charlie boys visit to Wales, no mention of him being booed in Cardiff or the 50,000 signatures in one day on the remove Prince of Wales title. We really are being subjected to the full powers of the state shy of physical intimidation. 

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

Allegedly 🤣

Fact

Following the trial, on 23 August 1305, Wallace was taken from the hall to the Tower of London, then stripped naked and dragged through the city at the heels of a horse to the Elms at Smithfield.[51] He was hanged, drawn and quartered—strangled by hanging, but released while he was still alive, emasculated, eviscerated (with his bowels burned before him), beheaded, then cut into four parts.[52] Wallace's head was dipped in tar and placed on a spike atop London Bridge. His preserved head was later joined by the heads of his brother John and his compatriots Simon Fraser and John of Strathbogie.[2] Wallace's limbs were displayed, separately, in Newcastle, Berwick, Stirling and Perth. A plaque, unveiled 8 April 1956, stands in a wall of St. Bartholomew's Hospital near the site of Wallace's execution at Smithfield. It includes in Latin the words "Dico tibi verum libertas optima rerum nunquam servili sub nexu vivito fili" (I tell you the truth. Freedom is what is best. Sons, never live life like slaves.), and in Gaelic "Bas Agus Buaidh" (Death and Victory), an old Scottish battle cry.[53]

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Fact

Following the trial, on 23 August 1305, Wallace was taken from the hall to the Tower of London, then stripped naked and dragged through the city at the heels of a horse to the Elms at Smithfield.[51] He was hanged, drawn and quartered—strangled by hanging, but released while he was still alive, emasculated, eviscerated (with his bowels burned before him), beheaded, then cut into four parts.[52] Wallace's head was dipped in tar and placed on a spike atop London Bridge. His preserved head was later joined by the heads of his brother John and his compatriots Simon Fraser and John of Strathbogie.[2] Wallace's limbs were displayed, separately, in Newcastle, Berwick, Stirling and Perth. A plaque, unveiled 8 April 1956, stands in a wall of St. Bartholomew's Hospital near the site of Wallace's execution at Smithfield. It includes in Latin the words "Dico tibi verum libertas optima rerum nunquam servili sub nexu vivito fili" (I tell you the truth. Freedom is what is best. Sons, never live life like slaves.), and in Gaelic "Bas Agus Buaidh" (Death and Victory), an old Scottish battle cry.[53]

What's the easiest way of instigating widespread power cut on Monday? Would be funny.

17 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Fact

You’re not following the script. Uncomfortable facts are deniable, convenient facts are facts. Simple!

1 hour ago, slasher said:

You’re not following the script. Uncomfortable facts are deniable, convenient facts are facts. Simple!

Sorry

A bit tetchy with all the shite that's going on

I see David Beckham doing his man of the people routine. I wonder if he is aiming for a knighthood or perhaps even doing a 'Lord' Coe. Nauseating. 

I wonder what are the chances she is not even in that coffin. With this level of demand they should have a permanent Lenin style display and charge folk a tenner to get in. 100 quid for a selfie. 

Feels very much like the end of an era for the UK in more ways than just the Queen's reign. She was an incredibly consistent character publicly her whole life. I think she will be even more fondly remembered as time goes on as well partly because her replacement is such a dislikeable wank. He is only been in the job a few weeks and already he is hissing and spitting at servants on camera and losing his cool over a pen malfunction. Imagine being his age (73) and becoming King after all those years on the sidelines...(both records I think).

I don't think he is going to come across at well partly because his mum is a very tough act to follow. Neither does Cruella sorry Camilla. William and Kate will save them if Charles does not fuck it up beyond saving.

Britain is a fucked up country. I mean where else can you have a situation where a woman writes a letter to someone predicting the exact circumstances of her death and telling that person that if it happens it will be her husband who is behind it.

Then after she dies in very suspicious circumstances and in the exact manner she predicted there is a public inquiry into her death and her husband is not even asked to appear before it or answer questions or face investigation.

edit: the video clip with the audio of the BBC's coverage of North Korea is genius. 😀

And now that person is your King. 😀

Feels a a bit like OJ Simpson just ascended to the throne. 

Edited by thplinth

On 9/13/2022 at 10:04 PM, slasher said:

Haha, cheers Tidy! I’m off to Madrid next weekend and can’t wait to leave this basket case, fuckwit of a country behind for a bit.

To be fair, I’ve gone from bouts of rage to feeling like I’m living in an Ealing comedy. Todays radio report on the drive home included a segment on how the royal bees have been informed of ‘her late majesty’s’ passing. Now, I had no fuckin clue that there were royal bees, far less that the head beekeeper must inform the queen bee in each hive of the death of the sovereign or she’ll take the huff apparently and stop producing honey. But it’s ok, the head beekeeper then calmed the situation by letting the bees know that their new master would be kind to them. 🤪

Now, if any you think ‘this cunt is back on the drink or worse’ then please go look it up. There are literally no bounds to the insanity in this country!

😂😂 I am not even trying to google that to check. For one, something as mental as that can only be true. And secondly, I dont want to be inundated with a load of utter shit information about the queens bees.

Its like another world in Seville. The only time the Queen has come up in conversation is when a Spanish lady started talking to us, her dad was English and her mum was from Belfast. There was no way the Queen was getting avoided with  that family tree and unsurprisingly she was very pro monarchy. Well, pro the Queen. She wasn’t too fond of Charles. She called him big jug jug ears and laughed about a new coin that his ears couldn’t fit on. I just nodded and smiled , I was no getting into a discussion  about the Royal family when I had travelled two thousand miles to escape it 😁

Enjoy Madrid. Believe me, no amount of money is too great to find sanity.

14 hours ago, thplinth said:

Feels very much like the end of an era for the UK in more ways than just the Queen's reign.

think a lot of people feel that way , she symbolized what was left of the old ways

it is kind of ironic how so many detractors though blindly worship some vapid tattooed halfwit / tv celeb with white teeth / social media 'star' etc ; is that what a youtuber is ?