This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 71 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Brutal hangover today, too old for all that nonsense. Quite a day at Tynecastle, no one saw that coming. There had been a slight improvement recently, and the youngsters really do look good, but still turned up expecting the usual. Full rendition of party songs from the Sellick fans (which we got), sundry bookings, sendings off and dodgy decisions from Collum (not at all, to be fair), and a 3 or 4 nil skelping (well yes, but...).

Cochrane rightly getting loads of praise, along with Milinkovic and Lafferty (played well, never really going to warm to him) but our best and most important player was, as every week, Berra. We were lucky Brown wasn’t playing mind.

Edited by Pool Q

26 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

On a similar note, fair play to the Celtic fans who appeared to almost all stay until the end.

Whit?!?! :lol: 

They've lost 1 game in fvcking 70. It's hardly difficult to suck up a defeat. When they showed the wee laddie greeting on the TV yesterday i was bemused. Were we meant to feel sorry for this wee laddie? He's probably never seen his team lose a game, so spare me the heartbreak FFS. :lol:

Fair play to the fans of every other team in Scotland, who have to suffer their teams getting beat regularly :ok: 

6 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Haha fs I am often critical of SbcMfc's cos I think he's harsh on Celtic and the one time he says something positive he gets slaughtered.

You're all anti Catholic bigots, clearly.

:lol:

Edited by SMcoolJ

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

When they showed the wee laddie greeting on the TV yesterday i was bemused. Were we meant to feel sorry for this wee laddie? He's probably never seen his team lose a game, so spare me the heartbreak FFS. :lol:

The champions league games are all on school nights. So decent chance the boy really has never seen Celtic lose.

:P

i know it’s easy to support Celtic (these days), but I was still surprised that almost to a man they stayed the full 90 minutes.

Incredible that Aberdeen (who've been pretty poor for most of the season) are only 2 points behind the super duper, best team ever, invincibles. Obviously Celtic have a game in hand but for it to be so tight at the top, half way in to the season, is surprising considering how poor Aberdeen have been. 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Incredible that Aberdeen (who've been pretty poor for most of the season) are only 2 points behind the super duper, best team ever, invincibles. Obviously Celtic have a game in hand but for it to be so tight at the top, half way in to the season, is surprising considering how poor Aberdeen have been. 

They seem to have really kicked on since the McInnes business was put to bed.

As much as I dont like Aberdeen, I’d much rather they were challenging than the other pair.

Edited by sbcmfc

It’s a strange league this season. Celtic are (let’s be honest) much better than everyone else, and yet they are just two points ahead of Aberdeen. They will probably kick on once out of Europe, but this is fun at the moment. Rangers are a club in disarray with a (frankly)  rotten team, but when all is said and done they are only 5 points behind Celtic’s history making team. Hearts seem to be improving, as are Killie. Hibs are, the media and their manager assure us, the bestest team ever, and they and Motherwell can certainly give any team in the league a game. The quality often isn’t great, but it’s a whole lot livelier than it has been for a while.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's not that surprising, we have been pretty poor at times and have scraped the odd win or draw which has papered over the cracks quite frankly.

Cannot wait for Saturday btw, big test for McInnes and us for that matter and hopefully the dons bring a decent support. If they do and given the time of year I reckon it could easily be a full house on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's not that surprising, we have been pretty poor at times and have scraped the odd win or draw which has papered over the cracks quite frankly.

Cannot wait for Saturday btw, big test for McInnes and us for that matter and hopefully the dons bring a decent support. If they do and given the time of year I reckon it could easily be a full house on Saturday.

Not sure how many tickets we had but they're all gone now. I'm not confident at all. :( 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

They've less points at this stage than Ronny Deila's team had two years ago!

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You're all anti Catholic bigots...

I 'love' Roman Catholics because they are people (they are my Brothers and Sisters in Christ) but am against Roman Catholic doctrine because that is a (non-Biblical) 'thing'.

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

... clearly.

Clears as mud.

9 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Cochrane rightly getting loads of praise, along with Milinkovic and Lafferty (played well, never really going to warm to him) but our best and most important player was, as every week, Berra. We were lucky Brown wasn’t playing mind.

I suppose Berra has been consistently excellent for Hearts this season you come to expect it from him whereas the likes of Randall, Smith, Milinkovic, Cochrane and Lafferty probably had their best games in a Hearts jersey so far. 

12 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

That Hearts performance was one of the best I have seen in the league for many a season. Three 16 year olds on the pitch as the same time in a top flight Scottish match? Is this a first?

Probably the last time that happened was about about thirty or forty years ago I reckon. And of course back then most managers didn't have a problem starting a nervous, untested teenage in a big game.

The vast majority of Celtic fans are taking the defeat well and accept that the signs had been there in the last few weeks that a defeat was coming, albeit perhaps not such a heavy one. Boyata, Gordon, Lustig and Šimunović are getting heavy criticism.

There are a few cringeworthy idiots peddling a stupid "Hearts deliberately wrecked the pitch pre-match and the SFA let them get away with it" conspiracy theory but they are getting told to shut up and feck off by their fellow fans.

On 19 November 2017 at 11:30 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

See yer man Gordon Sawers got chucked out of Dens yesterday then went all the way up the Provost Road singing about Unit'it

His latest YouTube video is a bit of a cracker as well.

what a complete ring piece. 

40 minutes ago, aaid said:

His latest YouTube video is a bit of a cracker as well.

what a complete ring piece. 

His first one seemed genuine and you could actually relate to some of what he was saying but after that he just started doing it for attention

There was one where he was rolling down a hill after a Killie win singing about Higgy and how he was rolling about in shite

Its funny as fuck though when his upstairs neighbour starts banging the floor