This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 66 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A rangers fan talking about cheating 😂😂😂

Sit doon son

I wasn't. You were. And you were talking absolute keech, but you wire in making yourself look dafter all the time if you want. 

I understand you're going to be disappointed by last night but you need to stop lashing out. 

As for the condescending "son", grow up wee man. 😉 

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So no Hibs player has ever got away with a dodgy handball? No cheats at Easter Road? 😀 

For what it's worth, it looked a penalty to me but it's not Rangers fault. Have a moan at the ref. He's responsible. 

3 out of the last 4 rangers matches has seen rangers get some very very big slices of luck. The lats two were horrendous decisions which have given rangers all six points

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Just seen on twitter a blatant tug on McCrorie's shirt inside the box that people seem to be ignoring ?

I think it falls into the technically it was a foul but never a pen category.  Made even less of a pen by the fact the ball was nowhere near him at any stage.

Just looking at the league table.  If Rangers keep getting these favourable decisions (while also tapping up and unsettling rivals player and managers using the press to do their dirty work :P) then i think all teams could be in their final placings right now....

10 hours ago, Ormond said:

I really wish we could beat Aberdeen just to stop that smug cunt Dandydunn gloating at me. :(

:lol: Pretty soon we'll be calling you our bitch, much like you used to do in reference to Hearts. 

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Just looking at the league table.  If Rangers keep getting these favourable decisions (while also tapping up and unsettling rivals player and managers using the press to do their dirty work :P) then i think all teams could be in their final placings right now....

I'm confident we'll still finish above Rangers (although that is dependent on what happens in January). 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm confident we'll still finish above Rangers (although that is dependent on what happens in January). 

I'm pretty confident we will see something positive happen in January.  Have a feeling we will ship out Maynard or Rooney (or both) for a more mobile striker.  Moult out of our range now though.  Would also be keen to offload McLean for anything we can get - I'd sell him to Ross County for some training bibs!

Edited by SMcoolJ

25 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

If Rangers keep getting these favourable decisions (while also tapping up and unsettling rivals player and managers using the press to do their dirty work :P) then i think all teams could be in their final placings right now....

Not quite the natural order but getting closer to it.

16 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'm pretty confident we will see something positive happen in January.  Have a feeling we will ship out Maynard or Rooney (or both) for a more mobile striker.  Moult out of our range now though.  Would also be keen to offload McLean for anything we can get - I'd sell him to Ross County for some training bibs!

Getting McGinn back would make Rooney a more viable option up front. I don't think striker is a problem position, it's more the lack of creativity from everyone who isn't named Christie. 

15 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Rooney will still be here. Only exits will be Maynard and Ball. Possibly McLean depending on fee but I think we should cut our losses and let him go for whatever we can get.

We'll bring in a winger (McGinn ideally) and a holding midfielder. Any other additions will be a bonus.

10 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hibs denied a stonewaller. Let's just move on from it though, afterall the powers that be at Easter Road are happy to allow Rangers to cheat and brush it under the carpet 

Hibs'd it. 

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Getting McGinn back would make Rooney a more viable option up front. I don't think striker is a problem position, it's more the lack of creativity from everyone who isn't named Christie. 

17 minutes ago, drew said:

Rooney will still be here. Only exits will be Maynard and Ball. Possibly McLean depending on fee but I think we should cut our losses and let him go for whatever we can get.

We'll bring in a winger (McGinn ideally) and a holding midfielder. Any other additions will be a bonus.

Not entirely convinced I want McGinn back.  His move, albeit a stupid one (with or without hindsight), came at a good time for both parties.  He was becoming very stale.  That all said, could be that he realises how good a thing he had at Aberdeen and comes back full of beans?

I think Hayes and McGinn covered up a lot of what Rooney doesn't offer us.  I'd had enough of Rooney 18 months ago though even when Hayes and McGinn were still around.  He's simply not good enough for us.  Agree that he probably won't go in Jan, but i'd like him to.  

ETA - I'd ship McLean out in Jan irrespective of a fee.  Even if just for his act of petulance with Shinnie during the Rangers game.  I think he's an issue behind the scenes.

Edited by SMcoolJ

2 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Not entirely convinced I want McGinn back.  His move, albeit a stupid one (with or without hindsight), came at a good time for both parties.  He was becoming very stale.  That all said, could be that he realises how good a thing he had at Aberdeen and comes back full of beans?

I think Hayes and McGinn covered up a lot of what Rooney doesn't offer us.  I'd had enough of Rooney 18 months ago though even when Hayes and McGinn were still around.  He's simply not good enough for us.  Agree that he probably won't go in Jan, but i'd like him to.  

ETA - I'd ship McLean out in Jan irrespective of a fee.  Even if just for his act of petulance with Shinnie during the Rangers game.  I think he's an issue behind the scenes.

I don't disagree regarding Rooney, i'm not his biggest fan. However, unless we're going to replace him with someone as good as Moult, then i worry that we'll be left short. 

Agree RE McLean, as you know, i'd have got rid of him quite some time ago. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I don't disagree regarding Rooney, i'm not his biggest fan. However, unless we're going to replace him with someone as good as Moult, then i worry that we'll be left short. 

Agree RE McLean, as you know, i'd have got rid of him quite some time ago. 

I think that's the issue isn't it.  I think with strikers you have to take a bit of a gamble.  There's not way we can afford or attract anyone who is a proven improvement on Rooney so we are left taking a chance on someone.

We missed our opportunity to get Moult who was an obvious improvement. ("Moult was kicking down doors at Fir Park to get to Aberdeen" - I witnessed first hand that coming from McInnes).

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

However, unless we're going to replace him with someone as good as Moult, then i worry that we'll be left short. 

If the figures being put about for Moult are true, they are mental for a player who would be free in July.

Qpr or Preston for 500-800k.

:shocked:

Aberdeen could’ve had him in the summer for 500k I’d have thought if they’d been willing, possibly even cash plus Rooney?

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

If the figures being put about for Moult are true, they are mental for a player who would be free in July.

Qpr or Preston for 500-800k.

:shocked:

Aberdeen could’ve had him in the summer for 500k I’d have thought if they’d been willing, possibly even cash plus Rooney?

All moot now, Moult has been sold to Preston. 

16 hours ago, Ormond said:

I’ve given up on Saints just now. :(

I’m just going to follow the results of anybody the Huns are playing against for the rest of the season instead. :lol:

Was Wright not on the offensive the other day about St Johnstone being the subject of unfair criticism, and not being given credit to what I’m pretty sure he referred to as their recent uptake in form?

6 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Good to see the masonic conspiracy starting to work in our favour again and about time to,

Never mind that, we are playing Celtic on Sunday with Willie Collum as ref. Hearts player sent off, Levein sent to the stand, soft penalty to Celtic, Scott Brown not even booked after taking a baseball bat to one of our young lads in midfield, and 3-0 ‘tic. Second half will be even worse.

Edited by Pool Q

9 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think it falls into the technically it was a foul but never a pen category.  Made even less of a pen by the fact the ball was nowhere near him at any stage.

This has to be one of the daftest posts ever on here. 

A foul, in the penalty box, is generally a penalty. There are occasions where its an indirect free kick but that's very rare. 

The proximity of the ball is immaterial to this. 

Your post is laughably inaccurate. 

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This has to be one of the daftest posts ever on here. 

A foul, in the penalty box, is generally a penalty. There are occasions where its an indirect free kick but that's very rare. 

The proximity of the ball is immaterial to this. 

Your post is laughably inaccurate. 

I'd be slightly concerned if you didn't use that line so regularly. I think your being a bit dramatic!!

I'm well aware of the rules. You do realise that if every rule was applied literally there wouldn't be much of a spectacle. They had huge problems with MLS in its infancy because of this very issue. They had to bring in experienced referees.

There are hundreds of examples of fouls that are only given outside of the box.   

It's along the lines of "never a second bookable offence".

Technically, and as you say - wrong, but nuances of refereeing that probablly helps the game. As long as they're applied consistently I'm ok with it. 

Strange game of football last night, in the second half it was one way traffic although apart from Barker, we looked toothless in front of goal.  Stokes hasnt really kicked a ball since back this season and Simon Murray has gone off the boil after the international break.   Rangers took their chances well, their second was an absolute howler from Rocky.

McGinn clearly has been believing the hype about him, too many attempts at worldy passes and caught too many times in possession.  Also Lennons tactics last night playing the three up front was crazy.  We were always going to lose the battle in midfield with just two in the middle.

Was impressed by McCrorie, looks like a great wee player, Rangers seem to have 3 or 4 over the last couple of years but havent seemed to be able to keep a hold of them or progress them on. 

Annoyed at the penalty decision, we got a couple of decisions at Ibrox earlier in the season, so Im willing to put that down to nothing more than Clancy is a shite referee.  Thought McCrorie was lucky to stay on the park though, just like Boyata on Sunday with each referree bottling it on clear 2nd bookable offences. 

If we dont get a win on Saturday, I think our chances of 2nd are slim, a wee gap will have opened up.

9 hours ago, giblet said:

Strange game of football last night, in the second half it was one way traffic although apart from Barker, we looked toothless in front of goal.  Stokes hasnt really kicked a ball since back this season and Simon Murray has gone off the boil after the international break.   Rangers took their chances well, their second was an absolute howler from Rocky.

McGinn clearly has been believing the hype about him, too many attempts at worldy passes and caught too many times in possession.  Also Lennons tactics last night playing the three up front was crazy.  We were always going to lose the battle in midfield with just two in the middle.

Was impressed by McCrorie, looks like a great wee player, Rangers seem to have 3 or 4 over the last couple of years but havent seemed to be able to keep a hold of them or progress them on. 

Annoyed at the penalty decision, we got a couple of decisions at Ibrox earlier in the season, so Im willing to put that down to nothing more than Clancy is a shite referee.  Thought McCrorie was lucky to stay on the park though, just like Boyata on Sunday with each referree bottling it on clear 2nd bookable offences. 

If we dont get a win on Saturday, I think our chances of 2nd are slim, a wee gap will have opened up.

I can't really remember any free kick that McCrorie gave away after being booked (which was a stupid booking and he needs to learn from that).

The only one that springs to mind is below which was given in favour of Hibs, though I have no idea how.

3 hours ago, theweestevie said:

I can't really remember any free kick that McCrorie gave away after being booked (which was a stupid booking and he needs to learn from that).

The only one that springs to mind is below which was given in favour of Hibs, though I have no idea how.

That one was mind boggling. 

Free kick to hibs for McGinn charging in to McCrorie full force 😂