This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 76 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

All this midweek rubbish is merely inadequate preamble to the main event tomorrow night.

Two title contenders going hammer and tongs in a veritable festival of "silky soccer on the football field".

My completely unbiased prediction is the Mighty Buds consolidating their inevitable position as Champions elect.

BT Sport. 7.45. To miss it would be folly in the extreme.

:bouncy:

I had to laugh at Facebook there. Yer man Gordon Sawers must put a photo up of himself doing some daft pose with his hands in a gun like position mimicking that Killie badge with a big grin looking all fair away with himself

Someone has then gone and photoshopped a wee IRA hat onto him and he's no happy. Funny as fuck

19 hours ago, Marky said:

All this midweek rubbish is merely inadequate preamble to the main event tomorrow night.

Two title contenders going hammer and tongs in a veritable festival of "silky soccer on the football field".

My completely unbiased prediction is the Mighty Buds consolidating their inevitable position as Champions elect.

I shall be watching tonight with beer in hand cheering on the Saints. 

They are, after all, my big team. 😉

10 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I had to laugh at Facebook there. Yer man Gordon Sawers must put a photo up of himself doing some daft pose with his hands in a gun like position mimicking that Killie badge with a big grin looking all fair away with himself

Someone has then gone and photoshopped a wee IRA hat onto him and he's no happy. Funny as fuck

ha, I blocked him on facebook month ago.

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I shall be watching tonight with beer in hand cheering on the Saints.

They are, after all, my big team. 😉

Nice one RB. I'm sure you're more than half way to conversion.

A Saints victory tonight combined with perhaps one more Rangers embarrassing debacle and you'll be for the turning! :D

On 12/28/2017 at 1:28 PM, Marky said:

Should be a good tight game. Our form has certainly picked up recently although away form is still shaky. Losing Fyvie is a big blow and we have a few other injury problems. Will it go ahead? Will be difficult for United fans to get through there based on current weather reports

5 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Should be a good tight game. Our form has certainly picked up recently although away form is still shaky. Losing Fyvie is a big blow and we have a few other injury problems. Will it go ahead? Will be difficult for United fans to get through there based on current weather reports

Game is confirmed on!

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

United are the best team in the league and finally playing like it.  Fyvie is a blow but I still expect a victory tonight.  Long-johns are oot.  

You won’t be surprised at me disagreeing with that opinion Adam. :P

2 hours ago, Marky said:

A Saints victory tonight combined with perhaps one more Rangers embarrassing debacle and you'll be for the turning! :D

Easy Marky, they're wired differently. You wouldn't want one of them in your ranks!! 😜

Will be watching with interest and hoping for a Saints win.  Although, hoping to see both teams up next season. 

7 hours ago, Marky said:

Ive always gone to Saints games since I was a student. 

Really miss the old wooden main stand. Used to see loads of ex players in there for games. 

Remember a baltic January game vs Dunfermline (2-2) with 6 foot snow drifts at the side of the pitch and listening to Peter McLoy and Alex Mcdonald talking about the game. 

4 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Easy Marky, they're wired differently. You wouldn't want one of them in your ranks!! 😜

Will be watching with interest and hoping for a Saints win.  Although, hoping to see both teams up next season. 

Wired differently? Care to elaborate? 

6 hours ago, adamntg said:

United are the best team in the league and finally playing like it.  Fyvie is a blow but I still expect a victory tonight.  Long-johns are oot.  

5 hours ago, Marky said:

You won’t be surprised at me disagreeing with that opinion Adam. :P

Ahem!!

4 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Nah SMCoolJ. Whilst I may agree with the sentiment of your post generally, RB (as like the majority of the Rangers supporters on here) is not worthy of that. He’s a good guy.

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

Nah SMCoolJ. Whilst I may agree with the sentiment of your post generally, RB (as like the majority of the Rangers supporters on here) is not worthy of that. He’s a good guy.

He’s still on my Not A Hun list. :ok:

50 minutes ago, Marky said:

Ahem!!

Er, I must’ve been hacked, or drunk.  

Fair play, beaten all ends up   Worst performance since the capitulation at Livi, particularly once St Mirren scored.  Never had a sniff.

And I’ve got the feckin’ cold as well. 

However, hopefully this will allow Csaba access to the piggy bank and we can bring in three of four in January.  For all we were red rotten the night I do still expect us to get promoted, and, fingers crossed as champions.  

Do I need to point out that Morgan is a player?  Shame he’s going to disappear into the Celtic reserves black hole.  We look forward to him kick starting his career on loan at Aberdeen in two years.

I’m away to watch some Handmaid’s Tale to cheer myself up.  😞

Edited by adamntg

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

He’s still on my Not A Hun list. :ok:

Still? Didn't know I'd made it in the first place. 😀 

Will you still be so generous when O'halloran comes back to Ibrox next month and scores a hat trick against you? 😉 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Still? Didn't know I'd made it in the first place. 😀 

Will you still be so generous when O'halloran comes back to Ibrox next month and scores a hat trick against you? 😉 

Wright’s spewing because he can’t get a hold of his agent as he wants him to stay.

3 hours ago, Marky said:

St Mirren were the deserved winners on the second half performance alone. 

United just looked dead on their feet by comparison. 

And two lovely goals to boot. Hope the boy doesn't sign for Celtic for lots of reasons but mostly because he'll lose at least 2 years of his career that way, as I don't see him getting into their team. 

17 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

St Mirren were the deserved winners on the second half performance alone. 

United just looked dead on their feet by comparison. 

And two lovely goals to boot. Hope the boy doesn't sign for Celtic for lots of reasons but mostly because he'll lose at least 2 years of his career that way, as I don't see him getting into their team. 

I’ve just watched most of the game back on BT cos I’m sad like that, and also it’s Christmas and I’ve wine to drink and I think I’ve been a little harsh on Utd. Until Flood’s injury and Morgan’s goal It was eeksy peeksy.  If only that pen had gone in and maybe Magennis gets his red card, then it’s a different game. 

And if my uncle had tits etc