This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 73 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Did Kris Boyd celebrate against scoring for Killie against Ranger?

Did Johnny Hayes celebrate scoring against Aberdeen?

I think I can guess the answers

Kris Boyd would have, his goal bonus is kebabs and monster munch

Only seen YouTube clips but looked like Boyd celebrated the equaliser but not the winner. I think Johnny Hayes was mobbed by team mates at the back post after a but of pinball leading up to the goal, not sure if it would be classed as celebrating or not.

I don't like this idea of not celebrating against your old clubs anyway, it's ridiculous for a professional player to act differently against one set of opponents to another. Not suggesting they all do an "Adebayor" but showing your current team mates and fans that you're happy to be scoring for them isn't a lot to ask.

I think we've bottled it against Celtic on many occasions but yesterday wasn't one of them. As already stated above, and despite numerous injuries and illness, the scoreline wasn't really reflecfive of the game although Celtic did deserve the 3 points.

Hayes didn't celebrate and GMS got a very decent applause from Celtic fans on leaving the pitch.  Neither of these things are bad, it's just about respect.

Anyway, every cloud and all that - at least I've got Killie to thank for keeping my Hun father in law quiet over the next couple of days!

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think we've bottled it against Celtic on many occasions but yesterday wasn't one of them. As already stated above, and despite numerous injuries and illness, the scoreline wasn't really reflecfive of the game although Celtic did deserve the 3 points.

Hayes didn't celebrate and GMS got a very decent applause from Celtic fans on leaving the pitch.  Neither of these things are bad, it's just about respect.

Anyway, every cloud and all that - at least I've got Killie to thank for keeping my Hun father in law quiet over the next couple of days!

You watched a different game to me if you thought 3-0 wasn’t reflective.

Really enjoyed yesterday, the first half in particular was a lot of fun, quite tense, few tackles flying about and as soon as we got a very fortunate opener the game was over as a contest.

Aberdeen are dreadful btw, the amount of route one balls launched up top is unreal, they will rue the day McInnes decided to stay and not go to the huns, once again the worst footballing side I've seen at Celtic Park this year.

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I don't like this idea of not celebrating against your old clubs anyway, it's ridiculous for a professional player to act differently against one set of opponents to another. Not suggesting they all do an "Adebayor" but showing your current team mates and fans that you're happy to be scoring for them isn't a lot to ask.

Adebayor probably took it a bit far!

:lol:

On a tangent, have they relaxed the rules on booking players for going off the park when they score? I’m not a fan of the rule, but I am a fan of consistency, so was surprised Declan John wasn’t booked for going into the stand at Rugby Park. He was then booked later on...

no yellow for this

14507757.jpg

yellow for this....

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Aye I read about Declan John not being booked.

I also believe it's a ridiculous rule, but it should apply to everyone or nobody at all.

Agreed. 

Its a passionate game, or at least meant to be. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a riot start after a player has celebrated with his own fans. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed. 

Its a passionate game, or at least meant to be. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a riot start after a player has celebrated with his own fans. 

Sometimes you can go over the score though. Here's my favourite one

338D645900000578-3559467-image-m-22_1461

Just read up that the Fans call him Ulubatli Souness after ulubatlı hasan a Ottoman martyr who scaled the heights of Constantinople during the siege and planted their flag and defended it till he was relieved and died, but ultimately inspiring the succesful siege.

Pretty cool

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/day-ulubatli-souness-planted-flag/