This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

36 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Be an interesting few days, especially with the game at Murrayfield coming up. I wonder if Billy Davies will be in the media giving details of how Billy Davies would sort things out at Ibrox.

Talk Shite telling us how big Sam would be a breath of fresh air for Scottish football and someone who would stand up to Brendan..:blink:

Guest MorayCupMan
3 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Could of this been McInnes's play all along. Bet on the Pedro situation imploding thus turn down Sunderland and wait for the Rangers job to come along?? Also sign a new deal to soften the pain for Aberdeen. 

I canna understand why people assume straight away that mcinnes would want the job.

Rangers are not the big attraction they were. And let's face it they are hardly in a position to just pick and choose who they want. I mean does the last appointment not make that obvious. 

11 hours ago, MorayCupMan said:

I canna understand why people assume straight away that mcinnes would want the job.

Rangers are not the big attraction they were. And let's face it they are hardly in a position to just pick and choose who they want. I mean does the last appointment not make that obvious. 

Because they've been brought up with the Glasgow media telling them that only two clubs in Scotland matter. They're convinced that every other person in Scottish football is just desperately working away in the hope that either Rangers or Celtic deign to give them a chance. 

Delusional individuals. I don't blame them, they're a product of their environment and not smart enough to see that. Maybe Derek McInnes is as delusional as they are and would want the job, i'd be pretty surprised if he was though. He comes across as being a bit smarter than that. 

Guest BlueGaz

I think Mcinnes would be the Rangers manager already, if it is what he wanted.  I don't know where all this comes from, being favourite with some of the bookies etc, has he possibly said something when he was younger about wanting the job, I have no clue.  

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Andy Devlin in The Sun (who is apparently "King's man") has said that McInnes is the Rangers board's number one target.  Make of that what you will.

Similarly, my number one target tonight on my night out is Shakira. 

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Anyone fancy taking McCann off our hands.

One or two fans on Rangers websites advocating likes of McCann working with Wattie. I guess that they're perhaps not quite so keen now.  I hope it works out for McCann, takes a certain amount of courage to leave the safety of TV punditry for the insecurity of football management.