This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

48 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Scottish football is pointless when not one club can get near to Celtic.

Unfortunately that’s too often misinterpreted for Scottish Football needing a stron Rangers.

To be honest, the horse has probably well and truly bolted, but we need to be looking at how Scottish Football can create an environment where teams can compete with Celtic (without necessarily weakening them to do it.)

That’s a tough task.

It will be slightly easier when UEFA make it more difficult for Celtic to qualify for the champions league, because the champions league money on top of everything else has them on a different planet to the rest of Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think you are being harsh. Aberdeen don't have a player that would get in our team. I'm not sure any would make the bench.

Just like none of our players would get in the PSG or Bayern Munich teams that we can't compete against. 

Rodgers is a great manager but let's not pretend he is the only reason we are easily winning matches like this. 

At least Bayern and PSG don’t buy your players to sit in their bench....

:P

15 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think you are being harsh. Aberdeen don't have a player that would get in our team. I'm not sure any would make the bench.

Just like none of our players would get in the PSG or Bayern Munich teams that we can't compete against. 

Rodgers is a great manager but let's not pretend he is the only reason we are easily winning matches like this. 

Agreed. At least someone can speak sense on this subject. Although a bit of fight and belief might’ve kept the league challenge going for possibly another month. 

PSG piss all over Celtic as they’re spending loads and better. 

Celtic piss over everyone as they’re spending loads and better. 

The day European/world football loses all the money will be a sight to behold, it may even become a competitive sport again. 

Right now, it’s pointless even playing it. 

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed. At least someone can speak sense on this subject. Although a bit of fight and belief might’ve kept the league challenge going for possibly another month. 

PSG piss all over Celtic as they’re spending loads and better. 

Celtic piss over everyone as they’re spending loads and better. 

The day European/world football loses all the money will be a sight to behold, it may even become a competitive sport again. 

Right now, it’s pointless even playing it. 

Agree with this, and the much of the quote that you quoted, except Joe Lewis might well be as good if not better than Gordon so would surely at least make the bench.

Sad days when only your keeper would have a chance of a game for the only team in the league better than you.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Unfortunately that’s too often misinterpreted for Scottish Football needing a stron Rangers.

To be honest, the horse has probably well and truly bolted, but we need to be looking at how Scottish Football can create an environment where teams can compete with Celtic (without necessarily weakening them to do it.)

That’s a tough task.

It will be slightly easier when UEFA make it more difficult for Celtic to qualify for the champions league, because the champions league money on top of everything else has them on a different planet to the rest of Scottish football.

There’s is not other way unless all income is shared equally among teams. Until that happens, the richer sides will keep dominating.of course the Celtic fans will see this a season them being weakened, we will see it as levelling the playing field............all pie in the sky though because it’s never goin* to happen, UEFA and FIFA have seen to that.

Great tactical switch from Brendan last night and our best performance of the season so far. Hopefully we take some of that into the Bayern game on Tuesday and compete a bit better although Gordon still pissing me off by playing nonsensical passes straight through the middle at times.

I'm not too sure you can criticise the sheep too much for last night. They can't compete when we play like that and apart from the cup loss at Fir Park they've not done much wrong this season?

I wonder how much longer Crazy Pedro has left after last night. Apparently some of 'the people' tried to get at him in the directors box after Killies equaliser. 😂

10 hours ago, Mox said:

No it doesn't, it sums up the difference between a good manager determined to play football and one who plays the percentages and tries to win throw ins and corners. 

If the managers were switched, Celtic still would have won last night and would still win the league this season by 20+ points. There's more than just the managers that's the difference. You know that.

9 hours ago, Mox said:

You and the other dandies keep your head in the sand re: McInnes, it's ideal for the rest of us.

Who's "the rest of us"? As Aberdeen have went from being around mid-table to being comfortably the 2nd best side in the country under McInnes. So i doubt the rest of the country is chuffed that McInnes is Aberdeen manager. 

As Vanderark has said, you're spouting arrogant nonsense. 

8 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Indeed. Celtic have far better players than Aberdeen and should win matches vs us in the manner they did last night. 

From an Aberdeen POV it is frustrating as we all know that we can play much better than that. That's probably our worst performance vs Celtic in a couple of seasons. Coming in to the game fresh, while Celtic have had a busy schedule makes the abject display all the more frustrating.

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

We fielded a weakened side last night yet Del decides to attack us with technically 6 defenders in his side.

Tactically shat it, once again.

For once, we agree. 

Lewis

Logan  Arnason  McKenna  Shinnie 

O'Connor  Tansey

Stewart  McLean  GMS 

May 

Is the side i expected/ hoped for (with the exception of McLean). Shouldn't have been surprised to see him bring in Considine though :rolleyes:

In the games (highlights) I’ve seen, Rangers look like they play better with Holt in the team and without Jack.

What’s the view of the Rangers fans on here?

Pedro having a tough time. Could easily have won that 2-0 if it hadn’t been for Jack. 

Guest BlueGaz
17 minutes ago, Bobster said:

In the games (highlights) I’ve seen, Rangers look like they play better with Holt in the team and without Jack.

Pedro having a tough time. Could easily have won that 2-0 if it hadn’t been for Jack. 

Should have won it 2-0, but to be fair, neither team deserved 3 points.  That was the worst Rangers performance I have seen in what, 2 years or so?  Absolutely disgraceful, no passion, no fight, no tactics, no fecking clue, totally embarrassing.  And we were better than Killie.  In fact, neither team deserved to play in front of their fans last night, never mind take 3 points. 

Only exceptions, Mcrorie did ok, and Foderingham pulled off a great save.  Their keeper pulled off a couple of great saves too, 1 in particular from point blank.

Broadfoot is a fcuking arsehole, went down like the pile of shite he is, and Jack is an even bigger arsehole for even going there. 

knows what the ref was playing at, gave a yellow, got on with the penalty, then stopped it all ran 40 metres to give Jack a straight red.  4th official puts up 6 mins to play, and we play 3.  The ref's performance fitted in nicely with the shite from the other 20 odd players on the park.

20 minutes ago, Bobster said:

I think Holt certianly adds something that has been missing. He can be a bit more direct and covers more of the field. For me Dorrans and Jack are too similar and shouldn't be played together as they just end up trying to do the same thing so it is almost like we are playing with a man down so Jack being sent of regularly doesn't really change much ;)

Tavenier needs a rocket up the backside. He is too lazy when defending. Noticed it a lot against Motherwell, he would run forward and we would lose the ball. Instead of busting a gut to get back he just walks around for a few seconds and then starts a slow jog leaving us exposed. For Killie's goal I don't think he even knew Burke was there until he was running away celebrating.

I liked the look of Killie's number 11. He was super quick and full of energy. Felt sorry for him leading the line with Boyd as he was trying to shut us down but most of the time it was too easy and we could just pass it away as Boyd was nowhere. Another striker like him and we would have panicked at the back and that could have caused us issues.

I think Jack's been decent when he's played however that's him been sent off 3 times before the pumpkins are out and we just don't have the quality in our team to be able to cover for someone with that kind of indiscipline.  Perversely we also don't have enough quality in the squad to be able to give him a rocket up his arse and a few weeks in the stand so I'm sure he'll be back in the team once he's served his latest suspension.

We really are going backwards at an alarming rate of knots under Pedro and the board need to put him and the rest of us out of our misery sooner rather than later.  It's actually at the stage now where I'm almost hoping Hearts get a result on Saturday as it might accelerate the process as he must surely be on borrowed time.  The obvious questions is who would/could we get to replace him?!

Guest BlueGaz
29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We really are going backwards at an alarming rate of knots under Pedro and the board need to put him and the rest of us out of our misery sooner rather than later.  It's actually at the stage now where I'm almost hoping Hearts get a result on Saturday as it might accelerate the process as he must surely be on borrowed time.  The obvious questions is who would/could we get to replace him?!

Anyone, absolutely anyone.  Even PGB.