This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 38 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Interesting to see us rotating the team. 6 starters yesterday averaged 19.5 years of age. Some will not make it no doubt but all the same it’s great to see the club giving youths a chance and making the club sustainable.

Super start for Clarke. For us if you had offered me 4 points out of the last 2 I’d have said thank you however I wouldn’t have expected them to appear the way they have.

The description above of Hearts as honking yesterday is spot on. As we were on Tuesday too. And last Saturday as well in truth, we got lucky there as St Johnstone were considerably more honking. Killie should fancy their chances next weekend. With everyone available our squad is average, Levein will  put together a team that can stop most teams up here playing, and we'll get top six I think. But just a few injuries and suspensions has us playing schoolboys and (at best) journeymen,  several out of position. Grzelak in midfield on Tuesday for example, although he was utter shite at LB yesterday too. Far too much is being asked of Cochrane who only turned 16 a few weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Gordon Sawers was very reserved in his vlog, all things considered

What does he actually do for a living and where does he get the dosh?

I think if you know what you’re doing you can make money from having a social media following.

Not necessarily cash mind you and I doubt he’s making anything out of endorsing Killie replica wear.

:lol:

Thought Killie deserved their point yesterday, played some proper football in ths second half, brave in possession, and intelligent off the ball when going forward. We were total muck, too much chopping and changing from the manager and lacked energy for the whole 90 minutes. Mind you, was impressed with Kouassi again and would certainly have him in on Tuesday to offer some protection to the defence

Guest MorayCupMan
16 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

87451AF9-DBFF-4BD6-A2BF-633D1F028574.jpegenjoyed the weather this morning though the leith windaelickers didnae 

Haha...That is quality...fairly milked that game now though :lol:

14 hours ago, Mox said:

Thought Killie deserved their point yesterday, played some proper football in ths second half, brave in possession, and intelligent off the ball when going forward. We were total muck, too much chopping and changing from the manager and lacked energy for the whole 90 minutes. Mind you, was impressed with Kouassi again and would certainly have him in on Tuesday to offer some protection to the defence

When this unbeaten run goes it will most likely be in a fixture like Saturday.

I'll be the one up the back of the LL stand applauding the team for what they've achieved. What will you be doing?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As for Saturday, I thought we were excellent. Worked really hard as a team and a well worked goal.

Last 3 games been 3 aways (Thistle, Rangers & Celtic) so to take 5pts is good going in anyones book, never mind the team who are bottom of the table!

Killie were indeed excellent on Saturday and well worth their point with Jordan Jones very impressive. Great start from Clark! 👍

Edited by slasher

Absolute shocker from Joe Lewis!  I suppose it keeps any potential suitors away for a wee while.  Thought McInnes picked exactly the right team on Sat.  We started really well and the energy, that was so obviously lacking on wed night, was evident again.  The County goal knocked us off our stride a wee bit but certainly can't complain about coming back and getting 3 points. 

Stewart looks so good on the ball but I'm wondering if he's a luxury that teams like AFC cannot afford at times - hence being used sparingly.  Defensively, he's non existent.  

Hard to say it, but Rooney needs to go in January.  He was embarrassing again.  Perhaps controversial, but right now I'd rather have Stockley - at least he makes some form of impact.

40 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Absolute shocker from Joe Lewis!  I suppose it keeps any potential suitors away for a wee while.  Thought McInnes picked exactly the right team on Sat.  We started really well and the energy, that was so obviously lacking on wed night, was evident again.  The County goal knocked us off our stride a wee bit but certainly can't complain about coming back and getting 3 points. 

Stewart looks so good on the ball but I'm wondering if he's a luxury that teams like AFC cannot afford at times - hence being used sparingly.  Defensively, he's non existent.  

Hard to say it, but Rooney needs to go in January.  He was embarrassing again.  Perhaps controversial, but right now I'd rather have Stockley - at least he makes some form of impact.

No comment on Christie's goal? Thought it was phenomenal! Surely a call up awaits....

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

No comment on Christie's goal? Thought it was phenomenal! Surely a call up awaits....

The one that hit the bar was some strike too.

Pretty shit that v Celtic, he’s in the stand and Johnny Hayes is on the Celtic bench.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

When this unbeaten run goes it will most likely be in a fixture like Saturday.

I'll be the one up the back of the LL stand applauding the team for what they've achieved. What will you be doing?

Killie were indeed excellent on Saturday and well worth their point with Jordan Jones very impressive. Great start from Clark! 👍

What will I be doing? Probably the same as every other game, clap the players off and go for a pint with my mates. Might head up LL with the superfans mind you to see hows it done, we can congregate round your brick afterwards and sing YNWA.

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

What will I be doing? Probably the same as every other game, clap the players off and go for a pint with my mates. Might head up LL with the superfans mind you to see hows it done, we can congregate round your brick afterwards and sing YNWA.

You sure you won't be moaning like feck as you do on here? 🙄 

The manager has to rotate at the moment.....I would have thought even non superfans would have known that 😉

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

He flung in 2 goals in the cup game at fir park too. Is he normally good?

I'd say he's made 4 mistakes in his time with us.  The one I mentioned above, the two you mention and another against Maribor.  However, he's saved us far, far more than he's cost us. Danny Ward runs him close, but Lewis is the best keeper we've had since Snelders IMO (and I realy liked Peter Kjaer). 

5 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'd say he's made 4 mistakes in his time with us.  The one I mentioned above, the two you mention and another against Maribor.  However, he's saved us far, far more than he's cost us. Danny Ward runs him close, but Lewis is the best keeper we've had since Snelders IMO (and I realy liked Peter Kjaer). 

And the winnner in the cup final last season unfortunately. Despite that, the only way we're likely to get a better keeper than big Joe is to grow our own (stop laughing at the back).

Guest MorayCupMan
13 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

but right now I'd rather have Stockley - at least he makes some form of impact.

Steady boy...no need for that kind of talk...:lol: