Sturgeon Backs Cameron? - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sturgeon Backs Cameron?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever benefits the most - therein lies the truth

After thinking about it there can only be one conclusion

The Telegraph is a Tory Rag and the Tories want to see Labour wiped out in Scotland

The more the Telegraph becomes an anti Scottish/anti Snp mouthpiece and Labour joins in - the more people will flock to the SNP

The laughable thing is that the Labour party cant see that because they are that far removed and devoid of thought & ideas

Edited by Ally Bongo

So Carmichael knows who wrote the 'leaked memo' but won't say as he doesn't think the inquiry should be played out in the newspapers and TV!

And he appears to assert that "we know Nicola Sturgeon would like to have the Conservatives in Government on their own at Westminister."

https://archive.today/nRUXl

"Scottish Secretary Alistair Carmichael has fingered an official "

:yikes3: :yikes3: FFS can these journos not see where the real story is here?

@ally bongo.

You've got a point there, there's seems to be more people joining the SNP by the day and some of them are high ranking local officials of the red tory party.

Like Magi Gibson, read her twitter account and see the people joining, herself included, the SNP because of this smear by the UK Government.

Edited by antidote

Today, two family members of mine, both in their 60's and dyed in the wool unionists and royalists, who voted No in the referendum despite my very best efforts, told me that they think 'Nicola' (they didn't use her surname) is absolutely wonderful and that they will be both be voting SNP on May the 7th. I never thought I would see the day. The times they ARE a changing.

Edited by Holty

Today, two family members of mine, both in their 60's and dyed in the wool unionists and royalists, who voted No in the referendum despite my very best efforts, told me that they think 'Nicola' (they didn't use her surname) is absolutely wonderful and that they will be both be voting SNP on May the 7th. I never thought I would see the day. The times they ARE a changing.

Only if they can be won round to supporting independence. If not what's the point of massive SNP gains.

I've been quite surprised by the number of No voters I know who've said they're voting SNP this time...

These are the soft Nos. And it's these people who will win the next referrendum.

Factor in a good chunk of the old nos dying off and it's inevetible.

J

Whoever benefits the most - therein lies the truth

After thinking about it there can only be one conclusion

The Telegraph is a Tory Rag and the Tories want to see Labour wiped out in Scotland

The more the Telegraph becomes an anti Scottish/anti Snp mouthpiece and Labour joins in - the more people will flock to the SNP

The laughable thing is that the Labour party cant see that because they are that far removed and devoid of thought & ideas

I have been saying it is a Tory trap for Labour ever since it became clear they had jumped in with both feet a tad too prematurely!

The Tory's primary target was Labour I have no doubts. The Tory's are the only party to come out of this totally unaffected.

Hopefully Carmichael will also seeing losing his seat as 'just one of those things that happens in elections'. Truly contemptible attitude.

Whenever I see the rambling, disgusting, incompetent slug on the telly I just cannot get my head around ANYONE voting for him!

Only if they can be won round to supporting independence. If not what's the point of massive SNP gains.

Getting people who voted No to vote SNP is the first step. Govern well, represent the people well, gain their trust and confidence and THEN these people will vote Yes in the next referendum. TRUST is the key.......

The referendum did a lot to introduce the idea of "normality" of independence.

For a long, long time independence had been thought to be an impossibility. Something "strange". Something that could only happen in Narnia, or some such.

Now, 55% of those who voted opposed the idea in the referendum, but there are more and more people who are seeing independence worthy of consideration; a possibility, something that isn't inconceivable.

If these people can be carried along by seeing good governance by the SNP at Holyrood and constructive support of Scottish issues at Westminster, more and more will change their minds and come to believe that not only is independence possible - it's preferable.

In my opinion.

For a long, long time independence had been thought to be an impossibility. Something "strange". Something that could only happen in Narnia, or some such.

Now, 55% of those who voted opposed the idea in the referendum, but there are more and more people who are seeing independence worthy of consideration; a possibility, something that isn't inconceivable.

If these people can be carried along by seeing good governance by the SNP at Holyrood and constructive support of Scottish issues at Westminster, more and more will change their minds and come to believe that not only is independence possible - it's preferable.

In my opinion.

Hope so.

In my opinion.

Bang on. In political theory it's called the Overton Window and it's defined as being the range of policies the general public find tolerable. Only in rare, specific circumstances does public opinion see a radical shift in perception. People, generally, feel comfortable with subtle, gentle shifts in policy while resisting or being uncomfortable with radical shifts in policy. Before September, independence was radical but the referendum campaign nudged public perception toward it becomes it normalised it as an idea. It's now talked about in almost all political debates currently which means it will become even more tolerable in the coming months and years. And this is why despite a No vote, the referendum will always be a success - it's a foundation on which a successful referendum is (very) likely to be won. And rather than limping over the line with maybe 51% of the vote, when independence is won, it's likely to be a far more emphatic result which will be good for Scotland and rUK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

Edited by Auld_Reekie

In my opinion.

This is all correct, and will hopefully come to pass within the next few short years. :)