Sturgeon Backs Cameron? - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sturgeon Backs Cameron?

Something's been niggling me. "Not PM material". Why would Sturgeon say that?

She mights say anything about Salmond or the Tories, but when it came to a deal with Labour, Miliband would always be "PM".

The phrase "PM material" sounds more like the kind of thing that would be said by a jealous or frustrated rival. Maybe someone from the Labour side?

Who would benefit from a move that at a stroke sunk the SNP, scuppered (Ed) Miliband's chances of forming a chaotic government, but start fresh with a new Labour leader, ready to pounce on a faltering Tory minority government?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@exile.

I think what you're trying to insinuate has some grain of truth in it, but I don't think it would sink the SNP just temper them enough for them to get 5 or 6 seats, enough, along with their English seats, to go back into coalition with the tories.

Looks like they're trying to kill 2 bird with one stone?

The media/establishment seemed to have been content with the jock-bashing prior to Nicola Sturgeon projecting herself to the forefront and right in the UK limelight after her debate performance. Now , with her coming across as very accomplished its sort of thrown them a curve ball.

Not sure how this new found UK celebrity status will affect the rest of UK thinking , but I think it will backfire on Labour - Milliband coming across as a total d ick.

I think the Scottish electorate are much more focused on what the SNP stands for and its policies as opposed to engaging in the media celebrity/leader personality cult.

I think the adavantage that Salmond had and Sturgeon now has is that they can speak with conviction rather than spin - (same with UKIP - although I detest what they stand for and Farage is knob - but he is the type of knob that appeals to sections of the English electorate)..

Its a whole new ball game now in the rest of UK - I don't see any negative SNP effect in Scotland with these "dirty tricks" - simply because the establish,ment/media is way of of touch or ignorant about the Scottish psyche.

Edited by irnbruman

@exile.

I think what you're trying to insinuate has some grain of truth in it, but I don't think it would sink the SNP just temper them enough for them to get 5 or 6 seats, enough, along with their English seats, to go back into coalition with the tories.

Looks like they're trying to kill 2 bird with one stone?

Just asking a question, who would benefit? I may have been watching too much of The Thick of It. But I just think the phrase "PM material" is odd. It may of course be a paraphrase. But of all the things Sturgeon might say of Ed - weak or geeky or an opportunity for an anti-austerity alliance - I'd have thought "not PM material" would be not one of them - as there would be no doubt who would be PM in the relationship. But let's see...

I don't think I have came across a journalist so self loathing as Alan Cochrane when it comes to the Torygraph.

Thankfully, this loathsome rag doesn't have it's own edition a la the Sun and has a pretty low circulation so thankfully won't be too much of an influence.

However, no harm in circulating this stuff on social media. The more we show these bastards up for what they really think of us the better in my opinion.

I am a but confused by this - all the candidates in Gordon are pro-union except the SNP so is 38% that great.....

38% - the combined Labour / Tory vote in Gordon last time round - would be fairly great if they all tactically voted for Jardine this time.

38% - the combined Labour / Tory vote in Gordon last time round - would be fairly great if they all tactically voted for Jardine this time.

So where is the 62% going?

Edited by Lamia

So where is the 62% going?

What they're saying is, based on the 2010 election results, the Lib vote of 36% could be boosted by 38% if all of the unionists voted together.

Just asking a question, who would benefit? I may have been watching too much of The Thick of It. But I just think the phrase "PM material" is odd. It may of course be a paraphrase. But of all the things Sturgeon might say of Ed - weak or geeky or an opportunity for an anti-austerity alliance - I'd have thought "not PM material" would be not one of them - as there would be no doubt who would be PM in the relationship. But let's see...

LibDems (Carmichael) and tories (Mundell)

Add to that mix that the tories wouldn't want the SNP to be that strong, just enough to damage labour and just enough for them to have a majority, near majority of MPs.

Split the vote up here, I suppose, would be better than a big voting block of SNP or enough labour MPs to threaten a tory win.

I got as far as this and had to check it wasn't a spoof website :lol:

Last Thursday’s debate will have little impact in England. Scotland is another matter. Nicola Sturgeon’s performance has made it inevitable that there will be a constitutional crisis in North Britain

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/11515597/Never-before-has-Scotland-been-quite-this-deluded.html