Sturgeon Backs Cameron? - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sturgeon Backs Cameron?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed by this guy mind - really seems to have his finger on the pulse... :wtf:

Daniel Johnson@D_G_JohnsonApr 3

So in claiming the telegraph story is wrong, is @NicolaSturgeon accusing French diplomats of lying? Pretty serious if she is.

43 retweets19 favourites
2:08 pm - 3 Apr 2015

Daniel Johnson@D_G_JohnsonApr 3

Telegraph story has fallen apart- it posed very serious allegations. I think they need to explain their story and editorial decisions.

108 retweets58 favourites
4:05 pm - 3 Apr 2015

Labour candidiate for Edinburgh Southern, so will no doubt be simply hoovering up those votes.

Edited by neilser

Comparing the Scottish Secretary to a Scooby Doo character is probably not the best idea for a headline...

Yeah that's shocking journalism, for all the things that kent has done, focusing on which cartoon character he looks like doesn't really seem like journalism to me.

The National seems as partisan as the Telegraph, or put another way, the Telegraph is now as partisan as the National. The difference is the London media still take the the Telegraph seriously and give it plenty of airtime.

Edited by exile

Andy Burnham just interviewed on Radio 4 about the allegations.

Asked if Labour should apologise. Says no

At first says Telegraph had a 'very clear report'

then backtracked and implied we don't know what happened and implied if anyone should apologise it's the Telegraph

Edited by exile

The National seems as partisan as the Telegraph, or put another way, the Telegraph is now as partisan as the National. The difference is the London media still take the the Telegraph seriously and give it plenty of airtime.

The problem is that we want the National to be a serious newspaper. It needs credibility. It needs to build on it's readership and get acceptance in Scottish society. Appealing to the 45% who voted Yes and who probably get most of their news from social media isn't a sustainable business model nor is it likely to help win independence.

The National has generally been very good but it's let itself down on several occasions with amateur stuff. The obsession with a photoshop front page is a bit boring now and failing to lead with the Germanwings crash a few weeks ago was very poor form.

It is regularly mocked by other commentators and journalists, and while that is what you would expect them to do, it should be making their lives uncomfortable not giving them easy ammunition.

The problem is that we want the National to be a serious newspaper. It needs credibility. It needs to build on it's readership and get acceptance in Scottish society. Appealing to the 45% who voted Yes and who probably get most of their news from social media isn't a sustainable business model nor is it likely to help win independence.

The National has generally been very good but it's let itself down on several occasions with amateur stuff. The obsession with a photoshop front page is a bit boring now and failing to lead with the Germanwings crash a few weeks ago was very poor form.

It is regularly mocked by other commentators and journalists, and while that is what you would expect them to do, it should be making their lives uncomfortable not giving them easy ammunition.

Spot on. Really has to up its game.

The Latest spiel from the Daily Record : Mohammad Shoaib who lets not forget, is a former Labour councillor, who, if you remember, took the huff back in January, and ran to the Evening Times when he missed out on the Glasgow Central candidate selection, now heads back into the arms of Glasgow Labour, but not before he runs to their other rag with the story

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/key-snp-figure-defects-labour-5469873

"Jim Murphy - his past is basically supporting an illegal war in Iraq. He never came out and condemned the Gaza bombings. From a Muslim perspective, those were unforgiveable."
How things change eh!

The Latest spiel from the Daily Record : Mohammad Shoaib who lets not forget, is a former Labour councillor, who, if you remember, took the huff back in January, and ran to the Evening Times when he missed out on the Glasgow Central candidate selection, now heads back into the arms of Glasgow Labour, but not before he runs to their other rag with the story

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/key-snp-figure-defects-labour-5469873

"Jim Murphy - his past is basically supporting an illegal war in Iraq. He never came out and condemned the Gaza bombings. From a Muslim perspective, those were unforgiveable."

How things change eh!

I see they've changed the headline, when I saw it earlier it said "SNP boss", try as I might I failed to connect the headline to the gent in question.

I see they've changed the headline, when I saw it earlier it said "SNP boss", try as I might I failed to connect the headline to the gent in question.

I saw in the newsagent this morning and it had SNP boss as well obviously using the term boss for mass affect ... the record is not any better than the Telegraph

must add no other paper ran with the story

Edited by FuNsTeR