Sturgeon Backs Cameron? - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sturgeon Backs Cameron?

Neil lost Mordechai Vanunu when his paper were meant to be protecting him. Although to be fair least his paper ran with the story, he was against the Telegraph then, weird how tings change over the years.

I don't really have a problem with Neil personally as such -

Let's suppose the Telegraph story is true - let's supposed Neil ensured it was before being cleared for publication - so let's say the Telegraph were fed a memo, that they are simply reporting the existence of it.... now suppose the memo turned out to be a fake - they can still turn round and say they were deceived so they will claim innocence.

- But doesn't it just sits a little uncomfortably, when one of the BBC's supposedly impartial and top political anchors just happens to be so close to being part of the story?

Edited by exile

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guardian story on this now has over 5000 comments.

There seems a change of tone from the indyref days, when it was a polarised yes v no (and sometimes Scotland v England) scrum.

This time there's a bit more looking askance at Ed, and people apparently switching off from Labour, or saying 'oh wait, what's happening to democracy?'...

The article started life as Sturgeon revelation, then Sturgeon denial, then Miliband accusation, then Sturgeon demands inquiry, and now Inquiry announced.

The web title is ed-miliband-nicola-sturgeon-allegations-damning-labour-snp-david-cameron!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/04/ed-miliband-nicola-sturgeon-allegations-damning-labour-snp-david-cameron

Let's suppose the Telegraph story is true - let's supposed Neil ensured it was before being cleared for publication - so let's say the Telegraph were fed a memo, that they are simply reporting the existence of it.... now suppose the memo turned out to be a fake - they can still turn round and say they were deceived so they will claim innocence.

- But doesn't it just sits a little uncomfortably, when one of the BBC's supposedly impartial and top political anchors just happens to be so close to being part of the story?

Yeah i agree, can't wear all these hats in isolation, they leak together, forgive the pun.

With hindsight I feel this was a trap. Not for the SNP, but for people like Hothersall, Dugdale and Foulkes. Get them to shout about this from every available rooftop then, when they're in a frenzy, let it be known that it was fabricated. Jumping on an obvious lie looks really childish and petulant. The fact it went all the way to Milibland makes it even worse. Didn't the PM if Spain do this after a terrorist attack. He went from election favourite to defeated in the space of about three days.

I am pretty sure Labour were a target. The haven't learned the lesson of the referendum

Edited by Lamia

Kezia Dugdale's father Jeff, is a nationalist who voted YES in the referendum. She has already said this for the record.

aye he sure is ... i feel sorry for him that his daughter has made a noel hunt out of herself so publicly

No.

They made no attempt to contact the principals and ask for comment.

They regurgitated it for public consumption with no attempt at "real" journalism.

This stinks of state manipulation and co-operation from corporate media.

No.

They regurgitated it for public consumption with no attempt at "real" journalism.

What he said.

That is fascinating viewing. I think I might watch the rest of those while waiting for Armageddon. Kwality.

Man it is amazing how fast we are degrading into thickness. Could you imagine trying to make that show now. Tony Benn... I miss that guy what a brain. What a decent man. :mellow:

But Labour called the report "damning" and said that even if it was not true the "SNP are happy to see another Tory government".

From the BBC report.

So labour are saying that even if Niola Sturgeon didn't say it she still thought it. Totally bizzare.

Kenny Farquharson @KennyFarq 23h23 hours ago

The question now, I suppose, is whether Nicola privately believes a Tory victory would be best for the SNP and the indy cause. #nickileaks

68 retweets 21 favorites

@KennyFarq no, I don't

#nikileaks :lol:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/nikileaks?src=hash

Liked this one from McWhirter...

"Lost in translation: Daily Telegraph credibility. And Scottish Labour"

https://twitter.com/iainmacwhirter/status/584316425269043200

:lol::lol:

Allo, Allo @simon_telegraph I have a copy of the Bin Laden diaries, yours for £50K as soon as they're dry. #Frenchgate #nikileaks

No.

I'm not saying it's proper journalism. I'm saying they have could well have acted in a way that would mean they couldn't be sued for it.

Would Andrew Neil let them be exposed?

I note the rolling news are still repeating the allegations scrolling across the screens more than 24hr after the 'revelations'. And ed miliband's 'damning revelations' spiel is still live and unspiked, not shut down, 12 hours after.

Edited by exile