Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 507 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Great board again,  I put a comment on congratulating Rangers for the wee win in France.  Next thing the usual and even unusual suspects are on about politics, racism etc.  Brilliant stuff.  There was even a poster who doesn't normally comment on football as it clearly isn't his strong point.  His comment that Rangers were a 'horrible' club was like something a six year old would say.  Stand on.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Great board again,  I put a comment on congratulating Rangers for the wee win in France.  Next thing the usual and even unusual suspects are on about politics, racism etc.  Brilliant stuff.  There was even a poster who doesn't normally comment on football as it clearly isn't his strong point.  His comment that Rangers were a 'horrible' club was like something a six year old would say.  Stand on.

The smart thing would be to wonder why when you mention Rangers, Politics and "Racism" enter the conversation.

"Out of the mouth of babes..." is a saying for a reason.

18 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

The statement is pretty strong and to the point, it’s very unrangers like. Don’t think you can fault them on it. (I would think the fact it’s national news rather than just the usual nonsense has forced their hand, but still...)

Slight tangent, but when does the new orange kit go on sale? 😜

I'm really pleased with the statement, not the normal drivel that comes out from our press office.

43 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm really pleased with the statement, not the normal drivel that comes out from our press office.

There's a bit of ambiguity in the statement in my opinion.  It could easily be read that the Rangers fans who were up in arms about Goldson taking the knee were the same ones giving Morelos outright racist abuse when that's not the case.  Other than that though it's good that the brain dead fucks have been called out for once.

12 hours ago, aaid said:

Nothing like a good old fashioned bit of whataboutery to try and justify your position.  Most people try and avoid using the actual words "what about" though as its a bit of a giveaway. 

What are you even on about? 

Ive said well done for actually coming out with something condemning this weeks behavior, but also asked why they dont do it for every other week where the rangers fans behave like scum and sing sectarian songs etc etc

5 minutes ago, Kirk said:

What are you even on about? 

Ive said well done for actually coming out with something condemning this weeks behavior, but also asked why they dont do it for every other week where the rangers fans behave like scum and sing sectarian songs etc etc

Its great isn't it.  Weren't Raith Rovers and Falkirk?  Celtic?  But it is all about the Rangers.  Every football side in this world has racist supporters.  But on this site when it is Some loonies who pretend to be Rangers fans it is Rangers that get the blame.  Even although the club come out with the strongest words against it.  As far as I know the boards on clubs in Scotland condemn all that crap.  Including Rangers.

Not many clubs are built on a foundation of religious intolerance. I think that’s the difference.

Rangers have done the right thing here, I think there’s a reasonable dose of cynicism that A) they have to as this is UK/worldwide news and B.) they pay lip service to other forms of bigotry while profiting from it.

I suspect largely because nobody of authority in Scotland has any interest in challenging sectarianism, but they know the racism stuff is a PR disaster.

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

I'll dive in and say the same...

It is weird, you wonder where it all comes from.

Just to clarify I mean close mates, guys from school and people I’ve worked with. I was in a pub in Melbourne for the old firm game in 2015 and we left at half time because of the rangers fans singing their poison so I’ve witnessed it first hand. 

Scotland has been sectarian since the reformation.  Long before Rangers were formed.  Blaming it all on a football club is shameful.  Yes, Rangers took the following from the Protestant people and Celtic did the same from the guys that came over from Ireland.  This is history and a fact. It doesn't bother me one bit.  I grew up with both and love them the same.  Facts are chiels that dinna whing.  Get over it.  Human beings will always find a way to hate.  Man utd and Liverpool for example.  Rangers and Celtic have the excuse of 100 years of religious stuff.  But hate is hate.  I have witnessed the Dons fans hating Rangers at the stadium and on here.  Much more than OF fans on here and to this day I cant get to the bottom of it.  Tell me Parkie or DD why Aberdeen hate Rangers so much.

14 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Scotland has been sectarian since the reformation.  Long before Rangers were formed.  Blaming it all on a football club is shameful.  Yes, Rangers took the following from the Protestant people and Celtic did the same from the guys that came over from Ireland.  This is history and a fact. It doesn't bother me one bit.  I grew up with both and love them the same.  Facts are chiels that dinna whing.  Get over it.  Human beings will always find a way to hate.  Man utd and Liverpool for example.  Rangers and Celtic have the excuse of 100 years of religious stuff.  But hate is hate.  I have witnessed the Dons fans hating Rangers at the stadium and on here.  Much more than OF fans on here and to this day I cant get to the bottom of it.  Tell me Parkie or DD why Aberdeen hate Rangers so much.

Off

You 

Fuck

Please

I'd imagine he just has a very low tolerance for a halfwit typing utter nonsense in a condescending as fuck manner. 

I don't know if you act condescending in every post deliberately or not? If it's not deliberate and you do want to get on with folk, you'd be better dropping the "kid" pish that you have to put in every post. 

Re: the merchandising deal...

The script I've been getting on here and from a Hun friend is that everything is kosher, the original strips (50,000) sold out via Rangers and Castore, and that once they were restocked the strips would be available again, via a new Rangers/Castore website launching on August 1st. House of Fraser is just another retailer who will be selling the kits, among others. No-one really able to say why they still offer pre-order. Have I got this right so far?

The alternative narrative appears to be that Rangers/Castore were breaking a standing contract between TRFC and Sports Direct. They got their feet held to the fire for what they had set up and sold (Pre-orders), so they had to pull their websites. Ashley has exclusive rights and this is why the whole thing ground to a halt shortly after it was launched, apart from House of Fraser. August 1st will see Sports Direct/Frasers as the only place to buy Rangers kit, unless they allow Castore/Rangers to sell via the newly launched website, with a slice going to Big Mike.

Something doesn't add up.

15 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Re: the merchandising deal...

The script I've been getting on here and from a Hun friend is that everything is kosher, the original strips (50,000) sold out via Rangers and Castore, and that once they were restocked the strips would be available again, via a new Rangers/Castore website launching on August 1st. House of Fraser is just another retailer who will be selling the kits, among others. No-one really able to say why they still offer pre-order. Have I got this right so far?

The alternative narrative appears to be that Rangers/Castore were breaking a standing contract between TRFC and Sports Direct. They got their feet held to the fire for what they had set up and sold (Pre-orders), so they had to pull their websites. Ashley has exclusive rights and this is why the whole thing ground to a halt shortly after it was launched, apart from House of Fraser. August 1st will see Sports Direct/Frasers as the only place to buy Rangers kit, unless they allow Castore/Rangers to sell via the newly launched website, with a slice going to Big Mike.

Something doesn't add up.

You could read the court cases, if you were that interested in finding out. Woudn't this be easier than speculating on 'alternative narratives' ?

36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd imagine he just has a very low tolerance for a halfwit typing utter nonsense in a condescending as fuck manner. 

I don't know if you act condescending in every post deliberately or not? If it's not deliberate and you do want to get on with folk, you'd be better dropping the "kid" pish that you have to put in every post. 

Ok friend.  Nice to see you on a Rangers thread.  Hope that is not too condescending.

5 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

You could read the court cases, if you were that interested in finding out. Woudn't this be easier than speculating on 'alternative narratives' ?

Possibly. Speculation is so much more fun, to be honest. I'm also just presenting summaries of 2 conflicting versions of events, based on what I've read and been told, including by you, so thanks 👍

On 7/19/2020 at 7:35 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Just watched the highlights again.  Rangers did Scotland proud in France and are the talk of Europe.  Celtic tried their best and got a point so all good for our game in general.  Happy Sunday Ramy, come back soon.  Missed your call other day pal.  Will try and call you today.  Stand on.

Makes a pleasant change that Rangers ‘talk ‘ in Europe is about their football rather than their fans behaviour , which regularly embarrasses the country not make it proud. 

With regards to the statement, its better than nothing but words are cheap. If action against racism is dealt with in the same way as sectarianism is then little will change. 

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Possibly. Speculation is so much more fun, to be honest. I'm also just presenting summaries of 2 conflicting versions of events, based on what I've read and been told, including by you, so thanks 👍

Fair enough. Ashley has spent millions over the years on vendettas and running arguments, so quite possible he might try something again. It would actually make a really good book. Might even depend on what happens with Newcastle, and that saga.