Injury List For Ireland And England Games. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury List For Ireland And England Games.

kmcca5

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its being reported in the Scotsman that McCoist will ask for Macleod to be released to play next Sat if he does not feature the night before. Then Macleod can return to the Scotland squad for the England game. I personally hope this request is turned down as it no doubt be used as a precedent for future double headers.

Hearts have made a similar request for 2 of their u21's players who are in the squad for the friendly the week following their home game away to Falkirk.

Its being reported in the Scotsman that McCoist will ask for Macleod to be released to play next Sat if he does not feature the night before. Then Macleod can return to the Scotland squad for the England game. I personally hope this request is turned down as it no doubt be used as a precedent for future double headers.

Hearts have made a similar request for 2 of their u21's players who are in the squad for the friendly the week following their home game away to Falkirk.

I'd have to agree with both requests. If they're not playing why punish their clubs!?

Totally agree. This type of double header gathering of the national team will be invaluable for the likes of MacLeod and the other youngsters who have brought in for recent squads.

Even if they don't play they will learn how things work when with Scotland and will be involved in the intense pre match training, so when they are needed to play, they will be ready to go.

Hopefully Strachan puts the foot down on this one.

Russel martin plays right back for norwich. Could see him there and greer - hanley as centre halves

Not at the moment he doesn't. He's been playing at centre-half for Norwich and some fans want him either dropped or moved to right-back.

Steven Whittaker was described in very disparaging terms by Norwich journalists on twitter for his performance in midweek...