RIP Craig Brown - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

RIP Craig Brown

Squirrelhumper

The word I'm seeing used over and over again to describe Craig is "gentleman".  

I had the pleasure to meet him and be in his company on several occasions over the years and he was never, ever anything other than that.

A manager who was always very interested in the support and a bigger supporter of Scotland you would do well to find.

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

The word I'm seeing used over and over again to describe Craig is "gentleman".  

I had the pleasure to meet him and be in his company on several occasions over the years and he was never, ever anything other than that.

A manager who was always very interested in the support and a bigger supporter of Scotland you would do well to find.

Sad day. Great football man and great Scotland fan. Never saw a bad word written about him. RIP Craig. 

Sad day, met him at many a Scotland events, and would always have the audience eating out the palm of his hands with his "coisty stories" or the build up so "so-and-so" game and getting the team ready.

94-98 probably has more treasured memories for me following Scotland than with any other Scotland manager.

RIP Craig

Sad news!  
I always loved "Pa Broon".
Small tear in my eye - memories of Euro 96 and France 98.
What an era and team that was... Much of it due to the team spirit he installed in the group.

At that time media gave him a tough time - not until recent years did he get the full credit for what he achieved.
Scotlands longest serving manager.  1993-2001.  Thanks for the good times Craig.
Lets get to Germany for him.

RIP Craig Brown. It was during his management era I started attending Scotland games in person. I loved his attention to detail back then. Some people didn't like the way he set up the team but the organisation was first class and we were very difficult to score against. Those teams that qualified for Euro 96 and France 98 were built on solid foundations.

Sad news this afternoon, a great football man. A great Scotsman!

Great manager and will be sadly missed. 

Always remember him intervied after a draw for some tournament with Kevin keegan. Keegan was asked what he knew about Finland, he said very little. Craig continued to tell him about half the Finland team. It was the sort of details he knew about international football 

18 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

It was the sort of details he knew about international football 

And club football too. We were coming out the pub at 5 to 3 as usual and bumped into him. Derek Adams just signed for Motherwell from Ross County and jokingly said to him you're not here scouting Adams for Scotland already? To our surprise he stopped and chatted away about how he was aware of Adams from an early age and had recommended him to clubs before he got his break. He was really delighted for him as he knew how much effort he'd put in. Browns enthusiasm just talking about football was brilliant.