Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 209 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Man City's bench, Alex Robertson born Dundee, has played for Ross County on loan, Guardiola said he has most available, eligble for Australia, England and Peru also.

Did he play much at Ross County? Most likely he’ll choose Australia. 

3 hours ago, Marky said:

Like I said mate, it was only one game and everyone is entitled to an off day, but the problem for Billy is that when starts are few and far between you’ve got to make the most of them. He doesn’t seem to be doing that unfortunately. 

Yep. Seems that way. 😒 I hope he can turn things around.

Just now, Brummie Hibs said:

Think that is a career ending one for Gordon. 

Marshall saved 2 penalties for Hibs today - can he be persuaded to come back? 

Also on the plus side, Nesbit is looking trim and good.

2 goals in 2 games after being out for 10 months.

How can you know that already?

Might have to try and persuade marshall if gordon is out for a long time.

45 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

That's a shocking injury. To think we gave no other goalie a chance in last month's friendly either

If playing three friendly matches in a year and not capping at least one new keeper seemed like a bad decision at the time, it looks like a potentially catastrophic one now.

I really don't know who he turns to; Liam Kelly perhaps. Maybe he could try and coaxe David Marshall out of retirement for a couple of games. A lot of people on here won't like this but if I was Clarke I'd try and get in touch with Angus Gunn and ask him if he'd consider a call-up.

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Think that is a career ending one for Gordon. 

Marshall saved 2 penalties for Hibs today - can he be persuaded to come back? 

Also on the plus side, Nesbit is looking trim and good.

2 goals in 2 games after being out for 10 months.

At 40 that seems like the most likely outcome. 🙁

In better news, it's good to see Nisbet back and scoring goals and Shankland getting his 15th (I think) of the season.

21 minutes ago, scotlad said:

If playing three friendly matches in a year and not capping at least one new keeper seemed like a bad decision at the time, it looks like a potentially catastrophic one now.

I really don't know who he turns to; Liam Kelly perhaps. Maybe he could try and coaxe David Marshall out of retirement for a couple of games. A lot of people on here won't like this but if I was Clarke I'd try and get in touch with Angus Gunn and ask him if he'd consider a call-up.

none of them are very good. Hopefully Craig will be back in a few months.

personally ive been concerned about the goalie situation for years, always felt once Gordon, Marshall, McGregor retired we would be significantly weakened. However always hoped a young goalie would come along but not had a half decent one appear for 15 years now. Its been like watching a car crash waiting to happen and it feels like its about to happen 

Firstly feel terrible for Gordon and hope he's ok but u struggle to see at his age and the possible time frame he may be out that it could be a struggle for him to come back internationally 

The back ups are a massive drop off from the 3 goalies we have had the last 20 years or so. 

I get the earlier point about not playing a back up in recent friendlies and i completely agree but in reality wouldn't have put us in much of a stronger position 

Goalie position is such a unique one the other starting 10 positions you can change tactics and formations to protect a weaker starter but with goalies you dont really have that option 

I personally would, but can completely see & understand why others would strongly disagree, be on the phone to the gunn's junior and senior tonight to see if we can get him onboarded for the next squad 

The rest we have Kelly, McCrorrie, McLaughlin, Z. Clarke (however dont know why people keep suggesting him hasnt played any first team football for nearly 6 months) are a massive drop off and wouldnt fill you with any confidence 

Don't know whether to post this here or elsewhere but Craig's injury makes it in at number 10 on the BBC football website. Potentially career ending injury (and let's hope not), and it comes in way behind Liverpool women re-signing some player I've never heard of. As I say maybe the wrong thread but massively disrespectful to Craig and to Scotland.

6 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

That's a shocking injury. To think we gave no other goalie a chance in last month's friendly either

Oh yes one game for another keeper is really going to transform into an international class goalkeeper and automatically going to make him better? Of course not.

If, whoever replaces Gordon, is good enough they'll show it from the get go. It is what true international quality players do.

5 hours ago, scotlad said:

At 40 that seems like the most likely outcome. 🙁

In better news, it's good to see Nisbet back and scoring goals and Shankland getting his 15th (I think) of the season.

It was a penalty though, which he won with a pretty clear dive.  

im just bitter though😂