Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 205 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

2 hours ago, mcguffin said:

Billy Gilmour unused sub in a a friendly with Aston Villa today (despite Caicedo and MacAllister not being back from World Cup duty). Make of that what you will:
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2979287/delight-for-deniz-after-double-in-the-desert/

Needs a move badly and needs to be guaranteed playing time. Critical time in his career.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t know what to think re Gilmour, for Scotland he has been a stand out against teams like Denmark, Austria and England, not just the minnows. There has never been a question of billy big time/poor attitude scenario as it’s always been read/written about him that he’s always looking to improve. He played against arsenal in the league cup, played well and got an assist. Do Brighton have another friendly up coming? It may be that he will be used in that.

1 hour ago, mcguffin said:

Yep. I was thinking the same. 😐

Having said that Brighton are flying high. Exceeding expectations particularly since Potter's departure. I think if he can't break into their first 11 at present, that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't trust him or he's not as good as we hope. Just difficult to get into a winning team.

17 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Having said that Brighton are flying high. Exceeding expectations particularly since Potter's departure. I think if he can't break into their first 11 at present, that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't trust him or he's not as good as we hope. Just difficult to get into a winning team.

Agreed. What worries me is that the two players he is challenging for a central midfield slot are (or were at) the World Cup. He was an unused sub in a warm up game for the not-at-the-World-Cup squad.. (And De Zerbi must know he needs the minutes if he's in serious contention?) 

Maybe I'm worrying too much though (I hope).

Just seen the second half of Rangers 3-0 win over Leverkusen, Lowry came on and his passing is brilliant, hope he stays injury free and kicks on, Devine, King and Fraser all other youngsters involved. Unfortunately no appearance for Mccrorie, Mcgregor and mcLaughlin had a half each.

Rob Apter 19 midfielder on loan at Scunthorpe from Blackpool has really impressed 4 goals in 14, Scunthorpe want to keep him but looks like Blackpool want to bring him back in Jan, has been speaking about that his next stage in development is to break through at Blackpool and step up from Scotland u19s to the u21s.