Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 208 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/20/2022 at 7:38 AM, SamP said:

Please read the article.  The jackets and ties are for home games only.

which is even more  daft, why wear a suit to a home game.

On 12/20/2022 at 10:25 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Gee wizz, I aint your babysitter, scroll through until you find the goal and just be thankful i bother to post videos of our players scoring. 

Calm yer pants hen, I did skip through just didnt expect it to be so late on in a long video

On 12/20/2022 at 10:41 AM, Tartan blood said:

Yeah, it wasn't meant to be a dig at Gauld. He was a victim of his own early success. Because he was hyped up to be the Scottish Messi, he'll appear to have underachieved in some people's eyes. But it's rare for any Scot to go abroad and thrive. He should have been in multiple squads by now. I worry his time has come and gone, especially with this new batch of young attacking talent emerging.

Doak seems inevitable at this point, but throw Hepburn and Lowry into the mix, who both have tons of potential as well. 

Aye fair doos get ye now, its a shame he hasn't had a chance as hes a very talented footballer.

Doak does look good but I try not to get too excited as we have been burned before.

2 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Gilmour starting in efl cup tonight. Should get a mini run of games while mac allister has a rest after the World Cup. Will need to play well or hope somebody buys their other midfielders in the transfer window!

Or hope someone offers him a move somwhere , anywhere in January where he may get some games .

2 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Gilmour starting in efl cup tonight. Should get a mini run of games while mac allister has a rest after the World Cup. Will need to play well or hope somebody buys their other midfielders in the transfer window!

Hooked after 62mins in the diddy cup yet hes considered too good too come back up to scotland and play for a team who reached the europa league final.

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Hooked after 62mins in the diddy cup yet hes considered too good too come back up to scotland and play for a team who reached the europa league final.

He would be happy to move to europe in January apparently , think a trip back to the championship is more realistic 

10 hours ago, ger intae them said:

‘back to the championship’……… he’s never played there has he?

A few glimpses of Billy Gilmour in this highlights video (up to about 01:30 after which I think he's already subbed off). Looks like he's been asked to play the 'deep lying midfielder' role that he plays for us. Hard to take anything from this. Looks assured on the ball in those few moments. Maybe he got subbed off because he was lacking match fitness (knackered?). Hope he gets a couple more opportunities for Brighton while Mac Allister is away.

Edited by mcguffin

12 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

He would be happy to move to europe in January apparently , think a trip back to the championship is more realistic 

A move to somewhere like spain or portugal would be brilliant but i would be happy with the english championship or spl(old firm) if it means it gets him a guarentee of first team football. Either way its not looking promising for him right now.

2 hours ago, mcguffin said:

A few glimpses of Billy Gilmour in this highlights video (up to about 01:30 after which I think he's already subbed off). Looks like he's been asked to play the 'deep lying midfielder' role that he plays for us. Hard to take anything from this. Looks assured on the ball in those few moments. Maybe he got subbed off because he was lacking match fitness (knackered?). Hope he gets a couple more opportunities for Brighton while Mac Allister is away.

I watched the game. He did nothing of note against a League One team. A few decent passes here and there (which you’d expect from any midfielder) and also a few misplaced ones. He had one shot at goal with the keeper threw his bunnet over and was played in at one point with a lovely ball but he miscontrolled it and it went out for a goal kick. 
It’s obviously only one game but he was very much nothing to write home about and that’s why he was hooked. Definitely not for being tired.

If he’s not taking his few opportunities when they come along (especially against lower league opposition) then it’s not looking good for him I’m afraid. 

1 hour ago, Marky said:

I watched the game. He did nothing of note against a League One team. A few decent passes here and there (which you’d expect from any midfielder) and also a few misplaced ones. He had one shot at goal with the keeper threw his bunnet over and was played in at one point with a lovely ball but he miscontrolled it and it went out for a goal kick. 
It’s obviously only one game but he was very much nothing to write home about and that’s why he was hooked. Definitely not for being tired.

If he’s not taking his few opportunities when they come along (especially against lower league opposition) then it’s not looking good for him I’m afraid. 

Mental to think the likes of Lewis Ferguson is actually doing better than him now.  

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

Mental to think the likes of Lewis Ferguson is actually doing better than him now.  

No disrespect to Lewis Ferguson, but Gilmour is obviously the superior player. I'd have absolutely no problem with Gilmour going to a mid-table Serie A team, where he'll be out of the spotlight, and just allowed to develop. 2 years at a team like Bologna would do him no harm at all. Then he'll still only be 23ish and be a better player for it. 

Gilmour will go onto surpass Callum McGregor if he finds the right team to thrive in. 

41 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

No disrespect to Lewis Ferguson, but Gilmour is obviously the superior player. I'd have absolutely no problem with Gilmour going to a mid-table Serie A team, where he'll be out of the spotlight, and just allowed to develop. 2 years at a team like Bologna would do him no harm at all. Then he'll still only be 23ish and be a better player for it. 

Gilmour will go onto surpass Callum McGregor if he finds the right team to thrive in. 

Totally agree.  Some people appear to have given up on him, the boy is only 21 for goodness sake 😆

45 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I think we would all love for gilmour to be picked up by a mid table serie a team but would they want gilmour. Hes not shown much in his career to suggest hes good enough for a top league.

6 minutes ago, sjd1972 said:

Totally agree.  Some people appear to have given up on him, the boy is only 21 for goodness sake 😆

No ones given up on him but he needs to maybe consider dropping down a level to get games and kick start his career again. Its stagnating pretty fast. He will be 22 in the summer and needs to playing if he wants to stand a chance of making it in a top league.

5 hours ago, Marky said:

Thanks for the report Marky! 👍 Interesting (though a bit depressing).

2 hours ago, mcguffin said:

Thanks for the report Marky! 👍 Interesting (though a bit depressing).

Like I said mate, it was only one game and everyone is entitled to an off day, but the problem for Billy is that when starts are few and far between you’ve got to make the most of them. He doesn’t seem to be doing that unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

3 Scots starting for Liverpool tonight maybe? Like it’s the 80s all over again…

Ironically Robertson is probably the one that won’t start, but you’d like to think that Doak and Ramsay will at least see some game time 👍

Gilmours move to Norwich could be the biggest mistake of his career. He should have stayed and fought for a place at Chelsea. Although let’s not have short memories - past performance is a predictor of future performance. He played stand out games v Liverpool, Man City and numerous other games whilst at Chelsea not to mention his performances for Scotland against England, Denmark and Austria. He can’t now all of a sudden be a poor player. 

29 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Only Robertson starts! Hopefully the other two get off the bench at some point 👍🏾

I think if it had been any team other than Man City, they may have got a start. 

Still massively impressive that Doak is even on the bench after just turning 17. It looked like he made quite the impression at their training camp.