Season 20/21 - Page 142 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Apart from a minor blip in the 80’s, you e pretty much summed up 150 years of Scottish football. Nothing will change as the others accept 3rd place is as high until they can go. Until that mindset is gone, Scottish football will always be like this unfortunately. 

That’s pretty much spot on, I’ve been getting a little excited at the prospect of my team finishing top six for the first time in 30 years if we can beat Hamilton next game.

I suppose it’s a reasonable achievement given our budget, but does 6th really mean much? Probably not. 

That's one of the problems with McInnes, when we were a laughing stock at the bottom of the league there was always the hope that one day we'd be better. In his first 3 years we were pretty much as good as we could be but after a while there was a realisation that this was it, there is nowhere to go from 3rd/4th and losing Semi-Finals & Finals to Celtic. 

Once the dust settles on this latest 10-in-a-row chase I really hope there's some big changes in football - surely even Celtic & Rangers fans want more than 4 games a season?

4 hours ago, Redz said:

Celtic's 'Invincible' tag was 'achieved' without Rangers in the league too - If Rangers were to go the season undefeated that absolutely trumps Celtic's effort 

Rangers were in the Premiership that season (finished 3rd).

14 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Aye Killie have been in free fall since Clarke left I fear our 28 year stay in the premiership is coming to an end 

It's not looking good. 

Steve Clarke helped paper over the cracks brilliantly but so much has gone wrong in the last couple of years, the biggest concern being the lack of youth coming through.

Alex Dyer is a nice guy but was hopelessly out of his depth in the job, an experienced manager should have been brought in long before we were in freefall. Hopefully Tommy Wright is given time to build a solid unit like he had in Perth, even if it means starting in the Championship. 

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Best thing that happened to us was McInnes knocking us back. 

Said at the time that having been given a week off to think about it too would be the end for Milne & McInnes

It's just taking a bit longer than I thought

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Just the 28 arrests and a few memorial benches smashed in George Square

I expected more from the people. They need to up their game 

Manchester was 13 years ago.  We're understandably a bit rusty but I'm sure with a few more trophies under our belt in the coming years we'll be back to our A game in no time.

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Just the 28 arrests and a few memorial benches smashed in George Square

I expected more from the people. They need to up their game 

Aye.  Brutal.  And hard to take.  The Aberdeen Casuals used to get twice that many on a normal Saturday.  Rangers fans are so soft now.