Season 20/21 - Page 139 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It’s also now time for refs to come out and explain their decisions, because sitting in silence is not good enough in 2021.

Beaton is in the eye of a storm right now — people are criticising him left, right and centre.

If he came out and said what happened from his perspective, then it would massively help things.

There will be people at the SFA who will say that only leads to negative headlines because their words could be misconstrued.

But that’s just nonsense — and they know it

boyd making a fool of himself here

The thick cunts among the Rangers support will buy into his pish 

So you don't think refs have the right to explain their decisions to a paying audience then?

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So you don't think refs have the right to explain their decisions to a paying audience then?

As I said, the thick cunts among the Rangers support will buy into it.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

As I said, the thick cunts among the Rangers support will buy into it.

Buy in to what?  I asked a simple question VA.  A very very simple one.  And you go on a tangent about thick Rangers C***nts.  Can you not just give an opinion without the Rangers bile nonsense in your head?  

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It was a pen I thought but (some) old firm fans have a habit of going overboard or taking an incorrect decision to heart 

And that's exactly why refs shouldn't need to go in front of a camera to explain their decisions

Can you imagine the headlines and backlash if a ref admired to getting it wrong, he would be torn to shreds and wither side of the old firm would be demanding their head.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

And that's exactly why refs shouldn't need to go in front of a camera to explain their decisions

Can you imagine the headlines and backlash if a ref admired to getting it wrong, he would be torn to shreds and wither side of the old firm would be demanding their head.

Maybe do a judge Judy type court and fans can present evidence proving the ref is a bigot 

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Buy in to what?  I asked a simple question VA.  A very very simple one.  And you go on a tangent about thick Rangers C***nts.  Can you not just give an opinion without the Rangers bile nonsense in your head?  

I'm not going on a tangent, I made a point about thick rangers fans buying into the Shite spouted by kris boyd, you've bought into it, have a think about that.

While you're at it ask yourself why I gave PAIK a dignified response but not you.

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not going on a tangent, I made a point about thick rangers fans buying into the Shite spouted by kris boyd, you've bought into it, have a think about that.

While you're at it ask yourself why I have PAIK a dignified response but not you.

I have no idea what you are on about.  What is PAIK?  The simple question was should refs be allowed to explain their decisions.  I don't know the correct answer to that.  But according to you it is thick Rangers c***ts.  An educated answer.  Try being polite today.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I have no idea what you are on about.  What is PAIK?  The simple question was should refs be allowed to explain their decisions.  I don't know the correct answer to that.  But according to you it is thick Rangers c***ts.  An educated answer.  Try being polite today.

If you want people to be polite to you, stop being a prick and trolling the board.

I have been so caught up in the Celtic disaster that I did not even realize how much trouble Kilmarnock are in. Was just speaking to ma best pal Billy, who is Killie daft, and he is shitting himself. With the league already won, the battle to stay up is something to keep an eye on. I hope Kilmarnock can stay up for the sake of ma pal Billy....

22 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

but equally with Morrelos reputation it is reasonable for the ref to consider it was another dive. 

There’s too much of this accepting and excusing then ineptitude of the officials. Even if the ref didn’t see it and was inclined to lean towards it being a dive due to previous from Morelos there’s no excuse for the linesman not seeing it and calling it correctly and to a lesser degree the 4th official. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

If you want people to be polite to you, stop being a prick and trolling the board.

Please stop with the trolling crap.  I like this place and enjoy a good banter with folk including you.  How the hell is that trolling?  I asked a simple question about whether the refs should be allowed to explain decisions.  I have not made my mind up on that so asked the question as this is a football forum.  How the hell can you call that trolling or calling me a prick?  

38 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Please stop with the trolling crap.  I like this place and enjoy a good banter with folk including you.  How the hell is that trolling?  I asked a simple question about whether the refs should be allowed to explain decisions.  I have not made my mind up on that so asked the question as this is a football forum.  How the hell can you call that trolling or calling me a prick?  

Fuck off

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

There’s too much of this accepting and excusing then ineptitude of the officials. Even if the ref didn’t see it and was inclined to lean towards it being a dive due to previous from Morelos there’s no excuse for the linesman not seeing it and calling it correctly and to a lesser degree the 4th official. 

There's also too much expecting perfection from referees. Can you imagine VAR in Scotland? The circus would be just as bad as it is now.

I can totally see why that penalty wasn't given. We all have benefit of replays but at full speed and morelos making it look worse, I can see why it wasn't given.

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There's also too much expecting perfection from referees. Can you imagine VAR in Scotland? The circus would be just as bad as it is now.

I can totally see why that penalty wasn't given. We all have benefit of replays but at full speed and morelos making it look worse, I can see why it wasn't given.

me too. 

And re VAR in Scotland - ha, yes. Because apart from offside and over the lines, penalties and fouls etc still ultimately come down to interpretation. Imagine the fall out if a contentious decision is/isn't awarded despite VAR evidence seemingly suggesting the contrary. 

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

me too. 

And re VAR in Scotland - ha, yes. Because apart from offside and over the lines, penalties and fouls etc still ultimately come down to interpretation. Imagine the fall out if a contentious decision is/isn't awarded despite VAR evidence seemingly suggesting the contrary. 

So VAR does not show it actually how it happened then?  Must be made up.