Season 20/21 - Page 137 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Happy to get away with three points and no injuries.

Livingston are a nightmare to play against. So well drilled and hard to break their lines.

4 points to go.

And hopefully the last we will see of Beaton this season.

Was it a dive? Why was was gerrard getting so worked up? he's going to win the league in a week or two anyway.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Was it a dive? Why was was gerrard getting so worked up? he's going to win the league in a week or two anyway.

Nah. 100% penalty. Even Martindale said it was 'stone wall'.

Expect Gerrard probably just fucked off at the decision. Beaton has a bit of history for daft decisions.

If Gerrard gets a ban for calling him 'fucking disgrace', and then we get to avoid Beaton for future games, then I think thats a pretty good deal.

11 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Nah. 100% penalty. Even Martindale said it was 'stone wall'.

Expect Gerrard probably just fucked off at the decision. Beaton has a bit of history for daft decisions.

If Gerrard gets a ban for calling him 'fucking disgrace', and then we get to avoid Beaton for future games, then I think thats a pretty good deal.

I've seen the video of gerrard confronting the ref. Regardless of whether the ref got the morelos incident wrong, Gerrard deservedly got sent off

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've seen the video of gerrard confronting the ref. Regardless of whether the ref got the morelos incident wrong, Gerrard deservedly got sent off

Yeah probably. Although given they are both situated in different stands due to Covid, I'm not sure how it could be 'discussed inside'. Did Beaton not pull that trick earlier this season, then refuse to speak to the manager?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Gerard more or less said the same himself. Doesn’t excuse the 3 officials getting such an easy decision wrong though. The ref might not have had the best view but no way the linesman shouldn’t be able to see it was a penalty. 

9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Gerard more or less said the same himself. Doesn’t excuse the 3 officials getting such an easy decision wrong though. The ref might not have had the best view but no way the linesman shouldn’t be able to see it was a penalty. 

I'm not excusing the officials and I don't think anyone is. Beaton is a horrible ref but Gerrards conduct was very poor and out of order. I also think his reaction was OTT, it's not like every point is a prisoner as the league heads for a helicopter Sunday. Its over already and has been for a number of weeks.

Not in favour of managers confronting refs at all. Also Beaton dismisses Gerrard’s initial questions like a schoolteacher brushing away a child. I think Refs need to learn some people management skills. He would have been better saying we’ll talk about it off camera. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not excusing the officials and I don't think anyone is. Beaton is a horrible ref but Gerrards conduct was very poor and out of order. I also think his reaction was OTT, it's not like every point is a prisoner as the league heads for a helicopter Sunday. Its over already and has been for a number of weeks.

I think it's obvious that the pressure of getting it over the line got to him temporarily.  Beaton's dismissive reaction probably didn't help.  Gerrard is usually "smarter" with how he deals with these things.

Football is all about passion.  Gerrard is a passionate guy and always has been through out his career.  On another thread we were speaking about refs.  That ref wouldn't even speak to him or look at him.  Just brandished a yellow then a red.  Ridiculous.  I am wrong a lot of times on here then apologise.  Why can't a ref do the same?  Just a simple explanation to say he got it wrong.  But you are not allowed to question them.  It was a clear penalty and never a booking.  If the ref came out today and has obviously seen that then it would be fine.  But they are not allowed to.  SFA rules but also attitude of some refs.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Football is all about passion.  Gerrard is a passionate guy and always has been through out his career.  On another thread we were speaking about refs.  That ref wouldn't even speak to him or look at him.  Just brandished a yellow then a red.  Ridiculous.  I am wrong a lot of times on here then apologise.  Why can't a ref do the same?  Just a simple explanation to say he got it wrong.  But you are not allowed to question them.  It was a clear penalty and never a booking.  If the ref came out today and has obviously seen that then it would be fine.  But they are not allowed to.  SFA rules but also attitude of some refs.

Aye I'm sure the managers and players in football would just accept an apology 🤣🤣

14 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Where do you think Gerrard goes from here?

Can you see him succeeding in England? He will go there sooner rather than later IMO.

I am of the opinion that if the referee and assistants cannot say for certainty it was a penalty then they shouldn't give it. That of course means a number of actual penalties not being awarded (until VAR is introduced) but that is better than dives and exaggerated contact being rewarded with penalties. Too many times referees give penalties when they are unsure or on the basis of what they think has happened.

I am also glad that Morelos' previous form for diving informed the referee's opinion on this occasion. Instead of getting abusive towards the official Gerrard should assess why referees have formed this opinion on his player and maybe address that. 

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

maybe they will when players and managers apologise for dives, simulation and overall cheating. 

3 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I am of the opinion that if the referee and assistants cannot say for certainty it was a penalty then they shouldn't give it. That of course means a number of actual penalties not being awarded (until VAR is introduced) but that is better than dives and exaggerated contact being rewarded with penalties. Too many times referees give penalties when they are unsure or on the basis of what they think has happened.

I am also glad that Morelos' previous form for diving informed the referee's opinion on this occasion. Instead of getting abusive towards the official Gerrard should assess why referees have formed this opinion on his player and maybe address that. 

His previous form of diving???  Can you back that up?  The penalty that should have been given was a stonewaller as you know and we all know.  But if you have evidence that he is a diver then let us know.  Kid.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

A very measured response.  I take it you got paid from the neck down as well?

It's the response every single one your posts deserve. You're not here to talk football, your here to troll others and wind people up. 

So I stand by what I said, you're full of shite.