Season 20/21 - Page 138 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

It's the response every single one your posts deserve. You're not here to talk football, your here to troll others and wind people up. 

So I stand by what I said, you're full of shite.

Talk about football all the time on here.  Don't be so crabbit.  The only time I don't mention football is when I mention Aberdeen.

13 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

yep, people take Bozo more seriously. 

Don't start.  Bozo is a distant relation so you can't compare me to him.  He went swimming and got eaten by two sharks.  One of them said do you not think that tasted funny?  Anyway this is a football thread and VA will be getting all upset.  Daft Ramy won't get the joke so we better stop the banter.  Kid.

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Don't start.  Bozo is a distant relation so you can't compare me to him.  He went swimming and got eaten by two sharks.  One of them said do you not think that tasted funny?  Anyway this is a football thread and VA will be getting all upset.  Daft Ramy won't get the joke so we better stop the banter.  Kid.

Fuck off then.  

23 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why do you feel the need to bring my name into your posts?  Leave me out of it....

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Where do you think Gerrard goes from here?

Can you see him succeeding in England? He will go there sooner rather than later IMO.

I'm not sure.  I think he's definitely improving as a Manager and he's surrounded himself with a good team.  I'm not sure I can see him taking a job in the EPL that isn't Liverpool and I don't think he's ready for that yet (nor is it available!).  I'm maybe being naive but I don't see him leaving us for the likes of a Norwich, Brentford etc at the top end of the Championship either.  My gut tells me that he'll be with us for a crack at the Champions League for next season at least.

Is McAllister the brains behind it or am I doing Gerrard a disservice? Also I'm sure I read recently one of the directors finally saying they'll need to start selling a few and can't keep on buying player after player. Although I must admit I wish Aberdeen would take more of the speculate to accumulate approach to progressing further in Europe.

Elsewhere I saw a cracking Daily Record story where some expert had crunched the numbers and the Record were screaming you were one of the favourites for the Europa League. Further down it said they were 7th favourites to reach the semis, which I didn't think was quite the same thing!

48 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Is McAllister the brains behind it or am I doing Gerrard a disservice? Also I'm sure I read recently one of the directors finally saying they'll need to start selling a few and can't keep on buying player after player. Although I must admit I wish Aberdeen would take more of the speculate to accumulate approach to progressing further in Europe.

Elsewhere I saw a cracking Daily Record story where some expert had crunched the numbers and the Record were screaming you were one of the favourites for the Europa League. Further down it said they were 7th favourites to reach the semis, which I didn't think was quite the same thing!

I think Beale and Culshaw are both very highly rated coaches and responsible for a lot of the good stuff we’re seeing coming out of Ibrox. 

I know the article you’re talking about. Got all excited as Rangers are now rated with a better chance of getting to the next round than Milan, ignoring the fact that Milan have been drawn against the favourites. It’s almost as if they do it just to get people to buy the paper/click the link!  :wink2:

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm not sure.  I think he's definitely improving as a Manager and he's surrounded himself with a good team.  I'm not sure I can see him taking a job in the EPL that isn't Liverpool and I don't think he's ready for that yet (nor is it available!).  I'm maybe being naive but I don't see him leaving us for the likes of a Norwich, Brentford etc at the top end of the Championship either.  My gut tells me that he'll be with us for a crack at the Champions League for next season at least.

I think you are right.

Although a villa or Leicester might tempt him, once he feels he's completed rangers (a champions League run, like you sa, is missing) Big enough but not a Liverpool rival.

Got to say I was very skeptical around his ability, but he's done the job. 

1 hour ago, mr mojo risin said:

Also I'm sure I read recently one of the directors finally saying they'll need to start selling a few and can't keep on buying player after player.

I think thats pretty much the main theme through out the whole annual report this year. Two or three will be away in the summer. Morelos, Kamara and Barasic most probably.

We've exceeded all expectations in the transfer market. Worries me slightly that we will be able to replicate that.

Although I must admit I wish Aberdeen would take more of the speculate to accumulate approach to progressing further in Europe.

You would think the teams finishing 3 and 4 should take more ££ from Europe this season coming, with the revamp in the competitions. Plus....  maybe not the best season to be signing unknown prospects South America when clubs are hemoraging cash :lol: 

Did Gerrard not say in an interview recently (or someone did) that he was the face of the management team, but it was a 3 man job, which he fronted, but it’s not all him. 

Just posted a letter to Nicola Sturgeon. Telt her I'm not happy with Neil Lennon getting sacked, which affects the outcome of the title, and I asked her to look into a possible null and void for this season. Checking the post every day now... Hope she gets ma letter, I know she busy these days...

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just posted a letter to Nicola Sturgeon. Telt her I'm not happy with Neil Lennon getting sacked, which affects the outcome of the title, and I asked her to look into a possible null and void for this season. Checking the post every day now... Hope she gets ma letter, I know she busy these days...

Did you mind and put  a stamp on it? Doh!!!

Just seen a copy online of your letter to the FM.  I hope you don't mind me posting it here.

'Dear Niccola. My name is Ramy and as ewe know Neil Lennon has been sacked.  Could you let me know an answer why that is?  Sorry for m speling skills.  It is because i am a Cellic fan and no the brightest star in the skye.  Yours sincerentlty.  Big Ramy x'

22 hours ago, Stu101 said:

I think thats pretty much the main theme through out the whole annual report this year. Two or three will be away in the summer. Morelos, Kamara and Barasic most probably.

We've exceeded all expectations in the transfer market. Worries me slightly that we will be able to replicate that.

Celtic selling Edouard as well & direct entry into Champions League Group stages the year after - if any Russian/American/Arabs with a spare £100M are looking in and fancy trying to save Scottish fitba!?

On 3/3/2021 at 8:22 PM, Stu101 said:

Nah. 100% penalty. Even Martindale said it was 'stone wall'.

Expect Gerrard probably just fucked off at the decision. Beaton has a bit of history for daft decisions.

If Gerrard gets a ban for calling him 'fucking disgrace', and then we get to avoid Beaton for future games, then I think thats a pretty good deal.

I've just watched this alleged stonewaller 🤣 it's nowhere near. 

Refs need to be helped more as the game is all over tv and internet now.  Kris Boyd makes a valid argument for VAR.  Anyone can see that Morelos didn't dive and if Beaton had had a few seconds to review it then it is a straight penalty.  I know these things happen in every game.  But at the top level it surely cant be that hard to get VAR in and help the refs out.

Beaton had a SHOCKER during Livingston vs Rangers clash - Gerrard was right, says Kris Boyd (thescottishsun.co.uk)

7 hours ago, slasher said:

I've just watched this alleged stonewaller 🤣 it's nowhere near. 

I saw it this morning. I was expecting to see morelos being clattered but it's minimal contact. 🤣🤣🤣

That's what made gerrard lose his shit 🤣

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Refs need to be helped more as the game is all over tv and internet now.  Kris Boyd makes a valid argument for VAR.  Anyone can see that Morelos didn't dive and if Beaton had had a few seconds to review it then it is a straight penalty.  I know these things happen in every game.  But at the top level it surely cant be that hard to get VAR in and help the refs out.

Beaton had a SHOCKER during Livingston vs Rangers clash - Gerrard was right, says Kris Boyd (thescottishsun.co.uk)

It’s also now time for refs to come out and explain their decisions, because sitting in silence is not good enough in 2021.

Beaton is in the eye of a storm right now — people are criticising him left, right and centre.

If he came out and said what happened from his perspective, then it would massively help things.

There will be people at the SFA who will say that only leads to negative headlines because their words could be misconstrued.

But that’s just nonsense — and they know it

boyd making a fool of himself here

The thick cunts among the Rangers support will buy into his pish