Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 36 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Guest ElChris04

Craig MacGillvery played for Portsmouth tonight, absolutely woeful in goal. Conceded four against a average Southampton team. If I was judging off this game i would say his chances of playing for Scotland are very little. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No Henderson for Verona again tonight . Guess that's the last of the great hopes we had at this time in Europe last season gone.

Roll on the next false dawns

I mean he has started 2/4 matches in Serie A this season. Very early doors. Wouldn't write him off just yet. Maybe give it the full season first? 

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I don't do twitter, but if you type in the names of all the youngsters playing for big teams that are winning tonight will you not get similar responses?

Stats on the other hand tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Only if they are playing well. Football fans (not all of them anyway) are not stupid enough to think all players are playing well just because their team is winning. 

Statistics are boring and often misleading. 

29 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I don't do twitter, but if you type in the names of all the youngsters playing for big teams that are winning tonight will you not get similar responses?

Stats on the other hand tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Just look here https://twitter.com/search?q=billy gilmour&s=09.

It's abundantly clear he's been impressive this evening. Not just random fans getting excited about a young player. 

9 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

From the highlights he hit some good passes. Looks like a midfielder who can see an early pass and has creativity. Good he's getting minutes for Chelsea, could get a good loan move in January now.

Doubt he will be loaned while he’s on the fringe of the first team & they have a transfer ban 

10 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

From the highlights he hit some good passes. Looks like a midfielder who can see an early pass and has creativity. Good he's getting minutes for Chelsea, could get a good loan move in January now.

A loan move would be good, especially if he isnt going to get much minutes in the epl. A move to somewhere like rangers or an English championship side would probably help his development. Regular game time is needed for his development.

24 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

A loan move would be good, especially if he isnt going to get much minutes in the epl. A move to somewhere like rangers or an English championship side would probably help his development. Regular game time is needed for his development.

Staying as far away from the Scottish leagues as humanly possible would be the best thing for his development, with keeping clear of the English championship the next best thing. If a lower end English premiership team isn't likely then going abroad would be best if he has to go on loan somewhere.