Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 34 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Went to leeds v Derby game today.  Chris Martin came on and changed the game.  His hold up play was very good and got a late equaliser.  Looks a lot slimmer  and fitter too . 

Wouldn't that be for a "Scotland players" thread, not a "Scottish players" thread?

2 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Played very well. Didn't have a lot to do as leeds controlled the game . No fault for the Derby goal. Did the basics well 

Thanks for that,

I know I read too much into a certain stats site but yesterday was one of his lowest scores this season. Going by the overall team stats for both teams in the game though it was a pretty dull match. Don't know if you saw it that way.

He still had more touches of the ball and the second highest pass success rate than any one else as you say the basics.

Roll on his next high profile mistake so the anti Cooper brigade can say I told you so

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Thanks for that,

I know I read too much into a certain stats site but yesterday was one of his lowest scores this season. Going by the overall team stats for both teams in the game though it was a pretty dull match. Don't know if you saw it that way.

He still had more touches of the ball and the second highest pass success rate than any one else as you say the basics.

Roll on his next high profile mistake so the anti Cooper brigade can say I told you so

I can understand the low score as defensive wise he had next to nothing to do as Derby offered nothing up top till dare I say it , Chris Martin came on . He didn't put a foot wrong to be fair cause like I say wasn't at fault for the goal 

4 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Karlan Grant has scored again today, Clarke needs to get on the phone to him.

Phillips has scored for West Brom in the same game

Apart from today's game, Who Scored reckon he is pretty shit. Can take a penalty but offers little else.

But then Who Scored thinks that Callum Paterson, Liam Cooper and Oliver McBurnie are  pretty good players.

McBurnie got a 7 rating yesterday which is pretty good for a striker that didn't score, probably for his defensive contribution in a game Everton had 70% of the ball.

Patterson played in behind the striker again but still found the time to win defensive headers and make tackles for his 7.4 rating. Really hope their is no bad feeling after the Kazakhstan/San Marino double header.

Not suggesting him for a call up but does anybody know much about Michael Rose who moved from Ayr to Coventry in the summer. Seems to be playing pretty well down there and would be interesting for making some sort of comparison between lower league football.

The much over hyped Ross McCrorie was on the bench for Portsmouth yesterday

27 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Karlan Grant has scored again today, Clarke needs to get on the phone to him.

Phillips has scored for West Brom in the same game

Yeh defo be good to get karlan grant as he will probably be in epl striker next season and can score goals easily at English championship level. Grant and Griffith's (once he's available) would be decent strikers to choose from especially if grant can become a good striker at epl level.

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Apart from today's game, Who Scored reckon he is pretty shit. Can take a penalty but offers little else.

But then Who Scored thinks that Callum Paterson, Liam Cooper and Oliver McBurnie are  pretty good players.

McBurnie got a 7 rating yesterday which is pretty good for a striker that didn't score, probably for his defensive contribution in a game Everton had 70% of the ball.

Patterson played in behind the striker again but still found the time to win defensive headers and make tackles for his 7.4 rating. Really hope their is no bad feeling after the Kazakhstan/San Marino double header.

Not suggesting him for a call up but does anybody know much about Michael Rose who moved from Ayr to Coventry in the summer. Seems to be playing pretty well down there and would be interesting for making some sort of comparison between lower league football.

The much over hyped Ross McCrorie was on the bench for Portsmouth yesterday

What is the obsession with this who scored rubbish 😂

6 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh defo be good to get karlan grant as he will probably be in epl striker next season and can score goals easily at English championship level. Grant and Griffith's (once he's available) would be decent strikers to choose from especially if grant can become a good striker at epl level.

Or how about two upfront for a change even, with wingers and not on abundance of centre mids who never perform. 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

What is the obsession with this who scored rubbish 😂

I like stats. Only stat that seem to be of interest to most people is how many goals a player score.

Given the choice of two strikers that have both scored 20 goals in a season I would prefer to pick the one that contributes the most in other areas.