Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 40 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

Fraser on the bench today again. This time didn't even get brought on. What is going on there?! Can't see any explanation in any news reports online. They've basically just decided to bench their best player without justification. In not normally a conspiracy theorist, but is this because he's not signing a contract? I doubt it, because that would be really dumb. 

Might be something to do with him being out of contract in the summer? It's a wild guess but it has happened to players before. 

6 hours ago, gusmac said:

John fleck has played well today for Sheffield utd. Unlucky not to score.

Saw the game, he did play very well. Theres so much quality there.Couple of bursts over 5 yards which reminded me of him the Scotland youths. Its a mystery its taken him till nearly 30 to reach the EPL.Maybe was never cut out for senior football. For me he's the best Scottish youth player ive seen in the last 20-30 year, and i include Gilmour etc in that.

Edited by JECK

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Don't really do or even know what Twitter is but feel a lot of people put a lot faith in it.

It's a popular social media platform which allows people to post text and other media content in short form - originally restricted to a maximum of 140 characters. 

Unvetted access to celebrities, institutions, and companies, along with the emergence of the #hashtag (used for marking multiple posts that relate to a single matter) have made it an extremely useful source of real-time information. 

At the same time it's unfiltered nature has led to it also being a source of nonsense and extreme views. 

Edited by mrniaboc

Was very impressed by Aaron Hickey yesterday, and at 17 years old you can see why top teams are looking at him. 
Started the game at left back, but moved to right back for the second half where he was equally as good if not better.

Another real talent on our hands.

40 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

Was very impressed by Aaron Hickey yesterday, and at 17 years old you can see why top teams are looking at him. 
Started the game at left back, but moved to right back for the second half where he was equally as good if not better.

Another real talent on our hands.

May aswell start him right back in the next game 

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's had no chance. His chance to have chance has passed you dont start bringing players of his age into the set up.

I like Cairney,  Always seems very composed when he's on the ball,  doesn't easily lose possession and got an eye for a goal.  Decent qualities for an international. Someone will no doubt correct me but iirc some of the trouble when he has played for Scotland was we were too slow over the park and didn't have enough pace.  Get the balance right get a bit more pace in the team (and we can do that) and Cairney comes into his element.

17 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Fraser on the bench today again. This time didn't even get brought on. What is going on there?! Can't see any explanation in any news reports online. They've basically just decided to bench their best player without justification. In not normally a conspiracy theorist, but is this because he's not signing a contract? I doubt it, because that would be really dumb. 

Few weeks back after two defeats Eddie Howe changed team shape. Playing now with two strikers, think it's Solanke in number ten role and Harry Wilson floating just behind. They've took 7 points out of 9.

Fraser is still rated there but guess it's a combination of things and yes perhaps him not going to be there long term is playing a part as we've seen with Eriksen being benched by Spurs this season.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Assist for Burke in Spain, only came on with 7 minutes to go mind you

Here's the highlights, Burke makes a good run and shot just before his assist. The assist is a really well weighted pass as well. Promising signs, hopefully he can establish himself at alaves as la Liga is a good level and a good learning place for his development.

48 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Here's the highlights, Burke makes a good run and shot just before his assist. The assist is a really well weighted pass as well. Promising signs, hopefully he can establish himself at alaves as la Liga is a good level and a good learning place for his development.

Unfortunately I remember his debut for Leipzig when he blitzed by a full back and set up a goal in his first involvement. That was about 3 seasons ago now and he never kicked on from there....sorry to burst your bubble.

In the championship but Mccrorie had a very good game for QOS and got MOTM. Hopefully he kicks on as Scotland really need a keeper and as a Rangers fan, I think McGregor will be retiring in 2021 or 2022. He has a lot of potential and hopefully takes a step up in loan level next season.

I Doubt he will be near a Scotland squad again but Greg Stewart had a fantastic game against Aberdeen and seems to have massively stepped up his efforts in training.

14 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

There’s not a single player in our squad with the pace to do what Burke does here. He needs to be given every chance because it would transform us. 

I think Burke is one of those strange enigma's in modern football where I think playing for Scotland means more to him than the club football he plays, judging by the description of his goal against Cyprus. He's one of these players where, strangely, I wouldn't take too much notice of his club form

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4343160/oliver-burke-goal-scotland-cyprus-hero/

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

22 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

Unfortunately I remember his debut for Leipzig when he blitzed by a full back and set up a goal in his first involvement. That was about 3 seasons ago now and he never kicked on from there....sorry to burst your bubble.

Yeh that's true but it's still promising to see, la Liga is a top league so if he can put in good performances there then he can get a transfer to a club more suited to him than west brom as it's clear he isn't performing there.

20 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Mental that we have a Scot in Serie A & in La Liga, admittedly not regulars but both of whom we don’t pick yet there’s a Scot in the Scottish championship who is now being touted. 

Love to know who you would leave out to let Henderson into the squad.

People get far too excited about limited Scottish players just because they play abroad.

Burke is the only one who has played at anything higher than championship level abroad for any amount of game time.

22 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Love to know who you would leave out to let Henderson into the squad.

People get far too excited about limited Scottish players just because they play abroad.

Burke is the only one who has played at anything higher than championship level abroad for any amount of game time.

After the disgraceful performances of this campaign I’d happily see the squad shaken up & new faces involved - I think most fans would. 

For example Aaron Hickey in for Stephen O’Donnell. He’s 17 and played very little but is clearly a player and O’Donnell is the worst Scottish player who’s consistently been called up since the days of Kevin Kyle.