The Mighty Celtic... - Page 227 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

24 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

I heard it backroom staff, who are still employed at Bournmouth. They will all come together at the end of the season. Came from someone at the Daily Record - so probably nonsence.

Eddie is comin.....👍👍

21 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Bizarre rumour going about that Ntcham has had his contract cancelled.

Surely for to be bs. Even off form and a year left Celtic could probably still get even a small transfer fee.

We are in similar territory to that which we found ourselves in with Scott Sinclair here. Obviously if he goes to Marseille and does great it's a no brainer, activate his extension and collect a nice fee. However, patently that didn't happen. One for the new manger to decide on I think.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:21 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Incorrect. Eddie Howe will be the next Celtic manager. The hold up is £££££. Bournmouth stay up, Eddie has a substantial wee cheque in his bank account.. Trust me. It's all but done.. 

Bournmouth stay up? from where?, I thought they where going for promotion

18 hours ago, dj mick said:

Bournmouth stay up? from where?, I thought they where going for promotion

My apologies Mick. What I meant was IF Bournmouth go up, Howe gets a substantial financial bonus, as long as he has not signed with another Football club. He also wants to bring some of the Bournmouth staff with him, that is the delay.. Trust me, he will be our next manager... HH 

Who out of the current squad will / should start next season?

For me:

Taylor will probably start at left back however he isnt the quality required to win the league.

McGreggor will start in CM with Turnbull in ACM. 

Forrest RW.

I think that might be it. 

38 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Who out of the current squad will / should start next season?

For me:

Taylor will probably start at left back however he isnt the quality required to win the league.

McGreggor will start in CM with Turnbull in ACM. 

Forrest RW.

I think that might be it. 

Julien seems to be returning quicker than expected so he'd be first choice CB.

Celtic still have good squad players after everyone leaves

Their 3 keepers

CB - Welsh, Bitton (he seems to be off), Hendry (if he returns)

LB - Bolignoli, Montgomery

CM - Robertson, Soro, Rogic, Ntcham (seems to be off aswell), Shaw (incoming signing)

WM - Johnston, Dembele

ST - Griffiths (if he stays), Ajeti

Looking at it they don't really need many squad player signings, it's main starters they are needing. 7-8 starters are needed.

5 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Their 3 keepers

CM - Robertson, Soro, Rogic, Ntcham (seems to be off aswell), Shaw (incoming signing)

WM - Johnston, Dembele

Looking at it they don't really need many squad player signings, it's main starters they are needing. 7-8 starters are needed.

Bitton off (more than he can chew?). 😀

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Their 3 keepers

WM - Johnston, Dembele

Pretty much everybody above is a squad player as you say. 

Talk of Jullien being back by November but in reality they need to buy / loan in 1st team players for GK, CB x 2, RB, Defensive mid, left mid and up front.

If they didnt need so many then left back aswell but they can probably get away with Taylor for a year.

Its alot of players to get right, especially for Europe and also if they allow Rangers to get a lead in the league then they have shown to be able to push on.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Pretty much everybody above is a squad player as you say. 

Talk of Jullien being back by November but in reality they need to buy / loan in 1st team players for GK, CB x 2, RB, Defensive mid, left mid and up front.

If they didnt need so many then left back aswell but they can probably get away with Taylor for a year.

Its alot of players to get right, especially for Europe and also if they allow Rangers to get a lead in the league then they have shown to be able to push on.

Aye ideally you'd replace Taylor but when you need another 6-8 first team players, it's going to be hard financially to get the required quality in each position. I think Taylor is decent but I don't feel he is quick enough or good enough when trying to beat a man to be Celtic's first choice long term. He has a good cross on him.

You aren't replacing guys with the quality of Ajer, Édouard, Christie and Elyounoussi for a couple of million. They need immediate quality to replace those players (not just projects) and that won't be cheap.

I think a ST, LM and CB will be Celtic's major financial outlays this summer (£5-7 million each). The other 4-5 players will be around £2-3 million each (maybe a free transfer or 2 to fill out the squad).

It's going to be incredibly difficult to get it all right in one window. I think a lot of people don't realise how big a rebuild this is. Not just team wise but pretty much all across the club.

I've Heard a lot of talk about having to modernise in most departments. Howe and his team will bring that in coaching. It's then about getting the data teams, scouting and DOF right.

That's a hell of a lot to do in a short period of time. 

I will say this though Veneglos and O'Neill did it in the past. So there is prescient for Celtic getting it all right in one window and season. So it can be done and Howe is a good manager.

Aye. Might take a bit of time to sort out. And sometimes new players can be a bit of a hit or a miss. Same with managers. Always remember basil boli coming to ibrox. A miss. Ramy was excited last season when Duffy arrived. A miss. I am hoping celtic and Aberdeen do a decent rebuild.  Still disappointed with hibs performance in the cup final but hope for a challenge from them as well. I don't want to see rangers running away with the league. Priority last year was stopping 10. I think this year it would be to put a good show up in the CL.

28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Move for Eddie Howe apparently dead in the water.

I'm surprised Celtic hung on as long as they did for his answer.

It's left them in a massive bind and has turned a lot of their fanbase on them.

Their preseason starts in a few weeks and champions League qualifying starts in a month and a half. That is an incredibly short time frame to get a manager, players for him and get the squad ready for qualifying.

So John Kennedy then?