The Mighty Celtic... - Page 228 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

40 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Think I maybe fell victim to a Twitter parody account. Can't be true. Surely?

Probably not. Celtic supporting mate said they are in talks with Ante Postecoglou. He's the ex manager of Australia and current manager of Yokohama F.Marinos.

His current club are part of the city group and that's where the link will be, with Harkin coming in as DoF.

3 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Probably not. Celtic supporting mate said they are in talks with Ante Postecoglou. He's the ex manager of Australia and current manager of Yokohama F.Marinos.

His current club are part of the city group and that's where the link will be, with Harkin coming in as DoF.

Someone's been at his wiki page.

Angelos "Ange" Postecoglou (/ˈæn ˌpɒstəˈkɒɡl/ ANJ POS-tə-KOG-loo; Greek: Άγγελος Ποστέκογλου) is a Greek-born Australian former football player and the former head coach of the Australia national football team. He is one of the most successful Australian club coaches with two premierships, four championships and a continental title. He is now the manager of Shotts Bon Accord. He loves shopping in the local co-op and getting a kebab from Aldos.

On 5/6/2021 at 4:54 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

From what I am hearing it is 100 percent Eddie Howe, so why not say something. Maybe Howe wants the disaster of a season over before he is introduced. It had better be worth the wait...

On 5/7/2021 at 10:48 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I like Howe, I am happy with Howe. He is exactly what Celtic need. Young, ambitious, good experience, done well with a shite Bournemouth side, and likes to play youth. He will be a success at Celtic, you can bet on it... 

On 5/7/2021 at 1:41 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Next season, treble is on.. Howe confirmed, I am in the know.. Its a doddle...💪💪💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🍺

On 5/21/2021 at 4:21 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Incorrect. Eddie Howe will be the next Celtic manager. The hold up is £££££. Bournmouth stay up, Eddie has a substantial wee cheque in his bank account.. Trust me. It's all but done.. 

24 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No me pal. Eddie can fuck.off...  🤣🤣

I always had the feeling that he would turn Celtic down. He would play attractive football  but I don't think they would win the league. There may be personal reasons why he doesn't want to move (Burnley was too far north) but strikes me as a lack of ambition on his behalf. He needs to be careful what his next move is, as his star is not rising anymore. Somewhere like Palace would suit him, low expectations.

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I always had the feeling that he would turn Celtic down. He would play attractive football  but I don't think they would win the league. There may be personal reasons why he doesn't want to move (Burnley was too far north) but strikes me as a lack of ambition on his behalf. He needs to be careful what his next move is, as his star is not rising anymore. Somewhere like Palace would suit him, low expectations.

Great post...

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Media reports were suggesting that his transfer budget was one of the biggest issues, which would surprise no one whatsoever. 

"We've seen incidents in the last couple of weeks in Glasgow, the chief executive of Celtic, Peter Lawwell, his house had a petrol bomb and his car was set alight, there was trouble in the centre of Glasgow at George Square.

I just wonder, he has a wife, he has a family and I wonder if they think of things like that and think, I don't want to go up to Glasgow and be involved in that."

Chris Sutton