Scottish player transfers - Page 195 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Might be worth giving him a chance alongside Mcgregor and Mcginn to freshen things up a little. Ferguson will be riding high on confidence after not just breaking in but impressing for a Serie A team. 

It would be interesting to see him play in a really high tempo game against top level players where you have to know where your pass is going before the ball arrives. I think he could handle it, and if so, we’ve got one very good player considering his physical attributes. 

5 hours ago, csinclair said:

Max Johnston linked with Brighton. 

Dont think Brighton rate the who scored opinion as much as I do.

Max Johnston Characteristics

+ Strengths

(Player has no significant strengths)

- Weaknesses

Aerial Duels
Very Weak
Crossing
Weak
Holding on to the ball
Weak
Passing

Weak
Tackling
Weak
Weak

On 2/21/2023 at 4:59 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Dont think Brighton rate the who scored opinion as much as I do.

Max Johnston Characteristics

+ Strengths

(Player has no significant strengths)

- Weaknesses

Aerial Duels
Very Weak
Crossing
Weak
Holding on to the ball
Weak
Passing

Weak
Tackling
Weak
Weak

Given their scouting success i think they know what they are doing. 

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Calum Adamson, under 16 midfielder who’s playing for Scotland this week is apparently on his way to Crystal Palace, with Rangers currently. 

A few clubs are also after him down south apparently, Rangers have a group of that 15/16 age group that they want to sign new deals but clubs down south/abroad are chasing before they sign professional deals, jack Wylie seems to have his pick of sides after him, there is a keeper Halliwell and Lancelot Pollard who only joined from Aberdeen( although it is not clear if he has signed a new deal or not) but there is about 5 that signed deals with Rangers one from Celtic, there is a striker in there I want to say Christoper Eadie 41 goals at 15, 34 this season so far with a target of 60 goals. 

On 2/24/2023 at 5:41 PM, syecosse said:

A few clubs are also after him down south apparently, Rangers have a group of that 15/16 age group that they want to sign new deals but clubs down south/abroad are chasing before they sign professional deals, jack Wylie seems to have his pick of sides after him, there is a keeper Halliwell and Lancelot Pollard who only joined from Aberdeen( although it is not clear if he has signed a new deal or not) but there is about 5 that signed deals with Rangers one from Celtic, there is a striker in there I want to say Christoper Eadie 41 goals at 15, 34 this season so far with a target of 60 goals. 

Fully invested in Lancelot Pollard making it, if only for the headlines. 

16 hours ago, bigfingers said:

LEWIS FERGUSON is being looked at by two Premier League clubs... Everton and Leicester.

Bologna seems to be a great place for our youth. Lets hope they keep buying our young players. Maybe they could take billy gilmour off brighton and help revive his career.

3 hours ago, csinclair said:

A player not moving to report, Liam Morrison agrees new contract at Bayern Munich to 2025.

Good news; implies they still see potential in him. Hopefully by the time this contract expires, he'll be of at least Championship standard.

3 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Good news; implies they still see potential in him. Hopefully by the time this contract expires, he'll be of at least Championship standard.

Ha I think that's what you call Scottish optimism😆 It's a fair point though, they see enough potential in him to give him another 2 year contract which means there's a fairly good chance he will make it as a pro, what level remains to be seen. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The good thing is the stock of young Scottish players is rocketing now. The success of young Scots are opening eyes in the UK and in Europe. The exploits of the likes of Patterson, Doig, Hickey, Ferguson, Doak and Gilmour plus others seems to have helped.

With English clubs I think brexit has helped us. Read an article about an Irish youngster who has ended up at AC Milan, because the natural historic progression of moving to the UK at 16 has been shut off. Now, with work permits and no youngsters able to sign for UK clubs under 18, I think this is why scouts have turned to Scotland, where you can get talent a couple of years younger

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

3 hours ago, syecosse said:

Latest youngster to get out of Scotland Aiden Borland midfielder has rejected terms at Celtic and joining Aston villa. 

Good. Celtic are a good side now but stockpile players and don’t care about youth development at all.

Best thing any youngster can do is get away from the old firm 

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The good thing is the stock of young Scottish players is rocketing now. The success of young Scots are opening eyes in the UK and in Europe. The exploits of the likes of Patterson, Doig, Hickey, Ferguson, Doak and Gilmour plus others seems to have helped.

Think it's more the way the transfer market works these days. Bigger teams are prepared to invest in youngsters in the hope of  finding a £50million player with the worst case scenario being that they make a small profit or loss selling them on anyway.

I'm pretty sure other countries supporters think the value of their young players is rocketing too.

Clyde1998 has probably summed things up correctly.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Jesus that makes me feel old.

Also, Jevan??!!

Haha, I was about to say the same thing about that making me feel old!

I don’t know how anybody manages to have the mental strength to cope well with growing older, as an adult. There are about fifty little things such as this every day which spiral me into a real state of despair about how (relatively) old I am. 😢