Scottish player transfers - Page 196 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 4/13/2023 at 3:25 PM, syecosse said:

Celtic could be losing another scottiah youngster Ronan Ferns could be on his way to Brighton.

Not sure it still counts as "losing another" if there was zero chance they'd have ever gotten a game anyway.

Celtic 12 points ahead. League wrapped up. Let's see if they give any significant game time to any youngster... (I won't hold my breath)

11 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Not sure it still counts as "losing another" if there was zero chance they'd have ever gotten a game anyway.

Celtic 12 points ahead. League wrapped up. Let's see if they give any significant game time to any youngster... (I won't hold my breath)

Correct, and even if they played their youth team from now until the end of the season they'd still have a shocking record (as do they all).

Che Adams future will be interesting I think.

Does he stick around with Southampton and get 15-20 goals in championship to hopefully get in the groove for Germany next summer or does he stay in prem for one of the teams that stay up?

We know his strengths and weaknesses by now but Southampton have looked utterly toothless since he picked up the injury v Cyprus. He'd probably have popped up with a goal in one of the games they've lost without scoring.

Could see him at a Fulham or West Ham next season.

7 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Does he stick around with Southampton and get 15-20 goals in championship to hopefully get in the groove for Germany next summer or does he stay in prem for one of the teams that stay up?

We know his strengths and weaknesses by now but Southampton have looked utterly toothless since he picked up the injury v Cyprus. He'd probably have popped up with a goal in one of the games they've lost without scoring.

He has shown enough in the Prem that other clubs will bid to keep him there. As you say, mid to lower table clubs like West Ham, Fulham, Crystal Palace or Everton would all be good.

I dont think Southampton have ever fully settled on him either so a reasonable bid and I think it will suit all parties.

As much as he’s been great for us his record in the Premiership is 25 goals in 121 appearances, not sure if premiership clubs will be queuing up to sign him if/when Southampton go down…

Just read Southampton expect him to be back for the last 5 games of the season so should hopefully be OK for June games.

11 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

He will only have 1 year left on his contract come the summer so theres a decent chance an epl team tries to buy him. Somewhere like leeds or crystal palace might be good for him. 

Just depends if saints allow him to go.

4 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

As much as he’s been great for us his record in the Premiership is 25 goals in 121 appearances, not sure if premiership clubs will be queuing up to sign him if/when Southampton go down…

Just read Southampton expect him to be back for the last 5 games of the season so should hopefully be OK for June games.

Hes more of a second striker tbf. Hes chipped in a fair few goals in cup games as well. 

I think a fair few epl clubs will want him if the price is right. Also hes only got 1 year left on his contract.

On 4/14/2023 at 4:29 PM, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Correct, and even if they played their youth team from now until the end of the season they'd still have a shocking record (as do they all).

Celtic youth, Rocco Vata, got 22mins today, with the game wrapped up before half time. Unfortunately he isn't Scottish. Sigh.

Ben Summers, who is Scottish, got 2mins at the end to make his debut. Hooray...

8 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Celtic youth, Rocco Vata, got 22mins today, with the game wrapped up before half time. Unfortunately he isn't Scottish. Sigh.

Ben Summers, who is Scottish, got 2mins at the end to make his debut. Hooray...

Rocco Vata is Scottish. 
He’s played for RoI at youth level but he is Scottish.

Is he any good though?

3 hours ago, ghorne67 said:

He was getting linked with Juventus at the start of the season so I'd imagine he's at least half decent. Dad is Albanian, Mum is Scottish, he's born in Hamilton....naturally Ireland have scooped him up at u15s 

How is he eligible for Ireland then, grandparent rule?

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably wasn't approached by us or Albania.

Just found this qoute from his dad from 2019:

Vata said: "Nobody in the Albanian FA ever contacted me. I know Scotland have watched him but the Irish association was the first to get in contact.

"His granny is the happiest Irishwoman in Scotland.

"People in Albania know through social media that he has been selected by Ireland. I believe many people are calling me names.

"The fact of the matter is I love my country, I am proud to be an Albanian, I sacrificed myself so much for my country and I represented it with dignity.

"That is my history. If Albania had been professional enough, shown some interest and done their homework right they would have recognised that this boy was playing for this club and they would have already contacted me.

"They didn't show any kind of respect, desire or professionalism and, if they don't do that, he will never touch a ball for Albania."

Despite those strong words, the 59-times-capped player insisted his son would make up his own mind about where his future lies as he will not be tied to Ireland any time soon.

Vata said: "I was proud to play, and captain, my country all the way up. But I cannot dictate his decision. The most important thing is the boy is free to decide with his heart and mind.

"Anything can happen in the future but at the beginning it is Ireland who have been in touch and shown interest and respect.

"It's the boy's decision. If he asks me what the best option is, I can say my opinion but I cannot interfere.

Edited by csinclair

And t

3 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Just found this qoute from his dad from 2019:

Vata said: "Nobody in the Albanian FA ever contacted me. I know Scotland have watched him but the Irish association was the first to get in contact.

"His granny is the happiest Irishwoman in Scotland.

"People in Albania know through social media that he has been selected by Ireland. I believe many people are calling me names.

"The fact of the matter is I love my country, I am proud to be an Albanian, I sacrificed myself so much for my country and I represented it with dignity.

"That is my history. If Albania had been professional enough, shown some interest and done their homework right they would have recognised that this boy was playing for this club and they would have already contacted me.

"They didn't show any kind of respect, desire or professionalism and, if they don't do that, he will never touch a ball for Albania."

Despite those strong words, the 59-times-capped player insisted his son would make up his own mind about where his future lies as he will not be tied to Ireland any time soon.

Vata said: "I was proud to play, and captain, my country all the way up. But I cannot dictate his decision. The most important thing is the boy is free to decide with his heart and mind.

"Anything can happen in the future but at the beginning it is Ireland who have been in touch and shown interest and respect.

"It's the boy's decision. If he asks me what the best option is, I can say my opinion but I cannot interfere.

Thanks for that.

And that's the way all parents should respect their Children.

I would think if we gave him an under 21 call up he would join up or at least we would find out.

Probably best to stick to the status quo though and fill the under 21 squad with 22 year olds.

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

And t

Thanks for that.

And that's the way all parents should respect their Children.

I would think if we gave him an under 21 call up he would join up or at least we would find out.

Probably best to stick to the status quo though and fill the under 21 squad with 22 year olds.

And 23 year olds with 100 games for Greenock Morton 

5 hours ago, csinclair said:

Think that would be a bad move tbh. That division is just full of EPL cast offs

We're talking about kevin nisbet here.

Hes not exactly a van basten or van nistlerooy.

Galatasaray is a huge step up from hibs and would be a great opportunity for him.