Scottish player transfers - Page 197 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 4/19/2023 at 2:53 PM, mccaughey85 said:

We're talking about kevin nisbet here.

Hes not exactly a van basten or van nistlerooy.

Galatasaray is a huge step up from hibs and would be a great opportunity for him.

Absolutely it would. It'd be good for Scotland if he could get into the first team of a huge club and better yet, score some goals for them. From a career point of view it could be his big opportunity to make some serious dough from the game.

37 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Its one where you think giving the quality of players around him and the coaching that would be a good move even if he wasn't an immediate regular. 

One of very few teams that would happily spend £30m on a player to sit on the bench. But I think Hickey does have the potential to thrive at a top team like Man City.

With the upward trajectory of Newcastle, I wouldn't be against both Tierney and McTominay going there. You'd imagine Newcastle will now be one of 7(?) teams in the EPL fighting for a champions league spot every year. 

9 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

One of very few teams that would happily spend £30m on a player to sit on the bench. But I think Hickey does have the potential to thrive at a top team like Man City.

With the upward trajectory of Newcastle, I wouldn't be against both Tierney and McTominay going there. You'd imagine Newcastle will now be one of 7(?) teams in the EPL fighting for a champions league spot every year. 

Tierney certainly needs to move on, he's played very few games for Arsenal this season. Though on the plus side there's less chance of him getting injured.

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No thanks.

Another Tierney at Arsenal situation waiting to happen. One poor game and you lose your place to a world class back-up.

I think a move to a big club in a couple of seasons is whats best for him. Hes getting great experience at brentford and that will help his career in the long run imo.

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think a move to a big club in a couple of seasons is whats best for him. Hes getting great experience at brentford and that will help his career in the long run imo.

Best for him - perhaps. That depends on how he does if/when he breaks into the side. One slack game and he'll be dropped for a world class replacement as is those big clubs ways.

Better for Scotland? No I want him getting guaranteed first team football. I have already seen one of our very best players club career stall at a glamour club in the form of Kieran Tierney at Arsenal.

7 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Ross Mccrorie 2m move to Bristol City apparently. 

Wow pretty big fee I reckon. Not seen much of him but he seems like a strong boy with decent pace who works his socks off but doesn't have the skill set to play at a top level.

Can't see him ever playing for Scotland at full level but good luck to him in his career.

16 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Belgian side Genk are preparing a summer move for Aberdeen midfielder Connor Barron. Technical director De Condé wanted Barron last summer but couldn't agree a fee & will now go up against Celtic, Bologna & Sassuolo for his signature.

Sounds like paper gossip he’s not even getting a game for Aberdeen is he?

23 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Wow pretty big fee I reckon. Not seen much of him but he seems like a strong boy with decent pace who works his socks off but doesn't have the skill set to play at a top level.

Can't see him ever playing for Scotland at full level but good luck to him in his career.

I disagree I think he will get caps. He’s a unit and will be a decent back up squad player 

23 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He'd smash the shit out of this league. 

Genuine question, why do you think that? He’s played over 170 games in Scotland, the majority at championship level, and has scored 36 goals; that’s a pretty decent sample to say he is unlikely to ‘smash the shit out of this league’’. There is a constant tendency to devalue our own league against the English Championship but the Championship is full of utter cloggers and is insanely overhyped. Dykes is a great player for us but I don’t see him ever being a prolific striker, it’s not his game and to be frank he’s not particularly good in the grand scheme of things. I also don’t buy the instant improvement line we get for players excelling in England either, it’s just a lazy excuse to explain why so many players from our shit farmers league smash the shit out of their leagues.

Edited by Scots_Wha_Hae

42 minutes ago, Dodger said:

That would be a very strange signing. I'm a fan of Hickey but he's a long way off that level. 

He's still only 20 though, comfortable on either side and bags of potential. I'd be very surprised if Hickey doesn't go on to play for a top club