Team for Canada Game - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Canada Game

jamboman

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Must've switched off after he ran it straight out of play ;-)

Adam, Shinnie, McGregor, McLean all examples of players playing at a much better level being overlooked who would definitely be a better option than someone who plays at that level.

Sorry that it's Hibs, by all means next year if he shows some form in the SPL then possibly call him up but guys who are playing regularly and well in the SPL and even the EPL can't get a look in so it's definitely bizarre that McGinn does. 

adam has had his time for international football, shinnie is not a natural center midfielder and is far too lightweight for it, mclean is a decent player but will be lucky to get a move to a bigger club than aberdeen and is not a box to box player. Mcginn is in the squad becasue he is the best player in his age group for that position and will most likely be a regular by the next campaign when fletcher, brown and most probably morisson (after 50 caps) retire from international footballl

Edited by LewisEDI

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

shinnie is not a natural center midfielder and is far too lightweight for it, mclean is a decent player but will be lucky to get a move to a bigger club than aberdeen and is not a box to box player. Mcginn is in the squad becasue he is the best player in his age group for that position and will most likely be a regular by the next campaign when fletcher, brown and most probably morisson (after 50 caps) retire from international footballl

:rollsmile:

Edited by Ormond

1 hour ago, LewisEDI said:

where's the counter argument? Mcginn is the best young scottish midfield player we have coming through the 3 current internationals i mentioned bar perhaps morrison will not be involved in the next campaign. 

It's hard to gauge he's the best given the league he plays in.

As I said, if next season he performs well, then he may we worth a call up.

I stand by thinking that Adam, Shinnie, McGregor and McLean would be more worthy at the moment.

2 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

where's the counter argument? Mcginn is the best young scottish midfield player we have coming through the 3 current internationals i mentioned bar perhaps morrison will not be involved in the next campaign. 

mcGinn is playing at the same level Scott Allen excelled at

Allen is rightly no where near the squad as neither should mcginn be

the only reason we're talking about him cause he inexplicably keeps getting picked by Strachan

agree with other posters that if he starts Wednesday the national set up will now be bordering on farce

3 minutes ago, Bino's said:

mcGinn is playing at the same level Scott Allen excelled at

Allen is rightly no where near the squad as neither should mcginn be

the only reason we're talking about him cause he inexplicably keeps getting picked by Strachan

agree with other posters that if he starts Wednesday the national set up will now be bordering on farce

completely ignoring the fact that mcginn is a 2 time cup winner and has played over 100 PL games as well as being man of the match in his first game for scotland and setup the only clear chance of the game against slovakia. he will get a big move this summer and will replace scott brown for scotland. deal with it. 

Edited by LewisEDI

4 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

completely ignoring the fact that mcginn is a 2 time cup winner and has played over 100 PL games as well as being man of the match in his first game for scotland and setup the only clear chance of the game against slovakia. he will get a big move this summer and will replace scott brown for scotland. deal with it. 

I see smack if still the drug of choice in Leith.

Guest allyc

Think you are being bold making statements about mcginn but equally so is suggesting he will not be a scotland mainstay in future.he is a good player but needs to be at a higher level before anything can be decided about him.

12 minutes ago, allyc said:

Think you are being bold making statements about mcginn but equally so is suggesting he will not be a scotland mainstay in future.he is a good player but needs to be at a higher level before anything can be decided about him.

Pretty much how i feel. I think he has talent and definite potential. However, it's hard to go much further than that given the level he is playing at,