Leicester - What A Team This Year - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester - What A Team This Year

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

I think you'll find many Rangers' supporters have a soft spot for Leicester 

sport-football-leicester-city-football-c

Because of Gregor Stevens? ?

Whilst I couldn't identify them all, Leicester had loads of Scots that season  (Stevens, Alan Young, Tommy Williams, Ian Wilson, Eddy Kelly, Martin Henderson, Bobby Smith, Derek Strickland) and, of course, Jock Wallace.

Good win for Spurs. So a maximum of 8 points from 4 games for Leicester to win the league. 

I'd be fairly confident they will do ok against Swansea without Vardy but he will be a big, big loss for the Man Utd away game if he gets an additional ban as that is the sort of game he is perfect for.

8 hours ago, phart said:

Varner.

It never crossed my mind about you, feeling guilty?

You quoted my post saying "roid rage", so I wanted to clarify what you meant :lol: 

13 hours ago, Kirk said:

Didnt see the first one, saw the "dive" and i dont think he dived as such, think legs got caught and he probably did go down easily, probably wasnt a penalty or a dive.

Aye wheels could come off, hope not 

attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation) ...

11 hours ago, Ta Ta said:

Whilst I couldn't identify them all, Leicester had loads of Scots that season  (Stevens, Alan Young, Tommy Williams, Ian Wilson, Eddy Kelly, Martin Henderson, Bobby Smith, Derek Strickland) and, of course, Jock Wallace.

The and of course.

On 12/29/2015 at 7:26 PM, thplinth said:

I am not a betting man and I realize that this is not about the EPL but I was just on bet356 out of curiosity and Spurs at 10 to 1 against to win the league looks very attractive. I'd say they are about 3 to 1 max.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Just put £20 on Spurs to win the league with Corals at 2/1.

2/1 you say...that's a shame for you.

11 hours ago, Ta Ta said:

I always remember the story about when Wallace went to Leicester and discovering it was miles from the coast built a big artificial sand dune in the car park for pre-season.  Lineker spoke very highly of Wallace, he said he was important for him early in his career. 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation) ...

I'd need to see it again, did he actually claim for a penalty?

I guess strikers have made a rod for their backs so that if you fall over in the box it's either a foul or a booking.

I think if I was the ref there I might have told him to watch himself rather than brandish a second yellow...

Edited by Toepoke

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'd need to see it again, did he actually claim for a penalty?

I guess strikers have made a rod for their backs so that if you fall over in the box it's either a foul or a booking.

I think if I was the ref there I might have told him to watch himself rather than brandish a second yellow...

You don't go down the way he did if you're not looking for a penalty.

Vardy is one of the best cheats in the league. He's outstanding at making blatant dives look like he's been fouled. He's got a way of running towards the defender (normally away from the ball too) and initiating a collision with their legs, then throwing himself to the ground. 

Even after numerous replays, some folk still can't see what looks blindingly obvious to me - that he's cheated. 

I remember arguing with someone on here after his dive for the penalty against Arsenal, which was a pretty similar incident to the one on Sunday past. 

The ref from the Leicester game is getting a lot of criticism / abuse. Ironically from the likes of Graham Poll in his newspaper column. Amazing now quickly these guys forget how it can affect someone's private life. 

Thankless job. Imagine having to put up with abuse from the likes of Vardy. 

20 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The ref from the Leicester game is getting a lot of criticism / abuse. Ironically from the likes of Graham Poll in his newspaper column. Amazing now quickly these guys forget how it can affect someone's private life. 

Thankless job. Imagine having to put up with abuse from the likes of Vardy. 

The likes of Vardy?

53 minutes ago, dan cake said:

i like vardy, honest player and all round good guy

Honest, nah he is a cheating cnt. Ive disliked him for a while, but thought I was alone due to his 'fairytale story', glad to see others think he is a tosser as well, bet heirs a one season wonder as well. 

28 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Honest, nah he is a cheating cnt. Ive disliked him for a while, but thought I was alone due to his 'fairytale story', glad to see others think he is a tosser as well, bet heirs a one season wonder as well. 

A skinny Michael Higdon!