Leicester - What A Team This Year - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester - What A Team This Year

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Didn't know he was tagged when he was playing non-league either, they miss that part out the fairytale story.

Wasnt aware of these skeletons in his closet.

Have I not been paying attention, or has all this been swept under the carpet?

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Didn't know he was tagged when he was playing non-league either, they miss that part out the fairytale story.

Wasnt aware of these skeletons in his closet.

Have I not been paying attention, or has all this been swept under the carpet?

Probably a bit difficult to sweep skeletons under a carpet?

8 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Just put £20 on Spurs to win the league with Corals at 2/1.

Been sticking few £s on Spurs since Dec.

25/1 Dec, down to 8/1 Jan, 5/1 Feb, 3/1 March

Over £100 averaging £5pw. Not overly optimistic but definitely got the better run in.

1 hour ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Leicester are an absolutely horrendous team to watch. Spurs definitely the purists' choice to win the league .

goals scored back up your point.

Although beforeethe last ten or so games Leicester was scoring and letting in a guid few.. exciting stuff

However Leicester a tiny wee team

and the Fitba Romantic wants them to win.....

1 hour ago, stocky said:

goals scored back up your point.

Although beforeethe last ten or so games Leicester was scoring and letting in a guid few.. exciting stuff

However Leicester a tiny wee team

and the Fitba Romantic wants them to win.....

I could watch horrendous Mahrez all day;)

On 19/04/2016 at 3:00 PM, sbcmfc said:

Not if its rolled up in a closet.

:lol:

I dunno, it could be quite difficult to roll up a skeleton? 

It is much easier to sweep it under the carpet if the skeleton is in powdered form, as in after it has been through the crematorium. There is a good chance that my grandads skeleton is still under my Maw's carpet, but she doesn't know about it. :oops:

Next weeks games absolutely critical. If Leicester don't lose to Man United they'll have it wrapped up.  If the do lose and Spurs can beat Chelsea then it'll be squeaky bum time.  That's all assuming Spurs beat West Brom tomorrow night.

55 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Brilliant performance today, but I still think Spurs might win it :blink:

I think there still is a view that Leicester can't win it because they are Leicester. If it was Chelsea, Man United or Liverpool (actually, maybe not Liverpool), there would be a lot more belief in them. Leicester can't finish lower than second now.

Great performance today though and puts the pressure back on Spurs. You would assume Spurs will beat West Brom tomorrow and then it is Chelsea v Spurs and Man United v Leicester next weekend. 

Ok, I have a theory.

I believe that over the next five to ten years we will see a lot more teams compete for and win the English Premier League. The domination of Man U, City, Chelsea and Arsenal of the top four slots is history. 

And here's why.

The new deal they've signed makes them the richest league in the world by a considerable distance. Aston Villa will get more money for being last than the team in sixth will get in La Liga. 

This means that every single team in the EPL can compete with pretty much anyone in Germany, Italy, Spain or anywhere else. That makes little difference to the old big four, because they already could. But for everyone else it changes the class of footballer they can sign. 

The old four will improve a bit having the extra money - but everyone else in the league will improve a lot, so the gap will close. The league will become more competitive as a result, with the (much smaller) gap between the four biggest clubs and everyone else being reduced to a level where it can be overcome with good coaching sliced with a wee bit of luck.

Interesting times.

22 minutes ago, biffer said:

Ok, I have a theory.

I believe that over the next five to ten years we will see a lot more teams compete for and win the English Premier League. The domination of Man U, City, Chelsea and Arsenal of the top four slots is history. 

And here's why.

The new deal they've signed makes them the richest league in the world by a considerable distance. Aston Villa will get more money for being last than the team in sixth will get in La Liga. 

This means that every single team in the EPL can compete with pretty much anyone in Germany, Italy, Spain or anywhere else. That makes little difference to the old big four, because they already could. But for everyone else it changes the class of footballer they can sign. 

The old four will improve a bit having the extra money - but everyone else in the league will improve a lot, so the gap will close. The league will become more competitive as a result, with the (much smaller) gap between the four biggest clubs and everyone else being reduced to a level where it can be overcome with good coaching sliced with a wee bit of luck.

Interesting times.

I've been saying that for some time now.  Not only does it mean that teams outwith the big clubs can compete for talent from abroad it also means that they don't have to sell their best players either.

In an ideal world it would probably mean the league being a lot more competitive, in reality it probably means that even more money will be spunked on transfer fees, agent's cuts and player's wages.