Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 38 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Looking increasingly likely it'll be a Trump win, and if he does pull it off it has been a repeat of Brexit. Bookies, stock market, exit polls all showing a Clinton win and lots of commentators talking up the exit polls showing - high Latino turnout, strong female turnout and Trump underpeforming. Also it being too close to call in the likes of Georgia, South Carolina to being the night had many folk thinking it would be an early night if he couldn't win there. 

Then something changed. About an hour or so in to it. Trump's vote in Florida, North Carolina and later Ohio, and the rust-belt states showing Trump changing up, and even Trump's chief Shellyanne Conway coming out early doors saying that the GOP elders and chiefs could have done more to help Trump win - like Farage saying he thought Brexit had just lost,  everything changed exactly like Brexit.

Unbelievable really that Trump wil most likely be the president of the United States.

Edited by weekevie04

1 hour ago, biffer said:

This is the Brexit 4am feeling all over again. 

Add in Indy Ref and Ge16. I definitely get the impression that it's me/us against the world.

I threw what was left in my bet victor account on Trump (£4) at 4/1, regretting not putting more.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

And the world continues to turn into some right-wing hellhole, guided by intolerance and hate.

It seems that as long as you can appeal to the base fears and prejudices of people, and go for the lowest common denominator, you can win power.

Dangerous times.

Clinton has conceded according to some. Trump has clearly won anyway. Hard to believe, but there you are. Wholly uncharted territory, in truth no-one really knows what Trump stands for. The building of the wall on the Mexican border (a nonsense in itself) is about the only thing he has been consistent on. On foreign policy he has said a few dumb things, but not a great deal really. I don't think he is fit to be President in terms of experience, competence or character, but the reality is that he is going to be come January, so we can only hope he can get people around him in time to run things. Worrying times.

Edited by Pool Q

3 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Clinton has conceded according to some. Trump has clearly won anyway. Hard to believe, but there you are. Wholly uncharted territory, in truth no-one really knows what Trump stands for. The building of the wall on the Mexican border (a nonsense in itself) is about the only thing he has consistent on. On foreign policy he has said a few dumb things, but not a great deal really in the scheme of things. I don't think he is fit to be President in terms of competence or character, but the reality is that he is going to be come January, so we can only hope he can get people around him in time to run things. Worrying times.

So just like Brexit, nobody has a clue what to do next?

2 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Clinton has conceded according to some. Trump has clearly won anyway. Hard to believe, but there you are. Wholly uncharted territory, in truth no-one really knows what Trump stands for. The building of the wall on the Mexican border (a nonsense in itself) is about the only thing he has been consistent on. On foreign policy he has said a few dumb things, but not a great deal really in the scheme of things. I don't think he is fit to be President in terms of competence or character, but the reality is that he is going to be come January, so we can only hope he can get people around him in time to run things. Worrying times.

The more worrying thing is actually that the Republicans have a clear majority in both Houses.

Trump (in theory) has a clear path to pursue whatever lunacy he wants. The only handbrake on him will be other Republicans.

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Will he still want to build his hotel and holiday homes in Balmedie? or will Sturgeon have the stones to tell the united states of freedom president to feck off back across the pond?

:lol:

No doubt wee Angus will be getting back on that high horse again shortly