Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 33 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Almost All Last-Minute Bets Are for Trump, Paddy Power Says

Thoughts of Brexit may be the reason 91% of gamblers are putting their money on the Republican nominee.

In the betting markets at least, Donald Trump is crushing Hillary Clinton.
So far this week, the Republican candidate has outshone his rival in terms of both the number and volume of wagers, according to figures revealed yesterday by Ireland’s largest bookmaker, Paddy Power Betfair Plc. Just shy of 100,000 euros ($111,000) in bets came in, with 91 percent of them for Trump.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-02/91-percent-of-last-minute-bets-are-for-trump-paddy-power-says

I see the odds have narrowed from 5/1 and 1/5 for Trump & Clinton to 2/1 & 1/2. That is not that far from being evens now. 

edit: another huge endorsement for Trump.

Edited by thplinth
Coz

14 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

I'm all for that.

Scarecrow v Mombi anytime.

I had to google Mombi to work out who was who there.

I have reported my post to the mods to see if I can get the poll going. Asking for who would you vote for and who do you think will win questions.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I have reported my post to the mods to see if I can get the poll going. Asking for who would you vote for and who do you think will win questions.

Poll created :ok: 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Does it go along the lines of "would you vote for Trump or Clinton?".Answer "Yes or No"?

Wow i see the FBI have no released Bill Clinton's pardon of former fugitive Marc Rich who financed the Clinton's.

This might actually be going somewhere now, there is some political will to stop Hillary inside the FBI at least. Love interdepartment in fighting, means something might leak to public that wouldn't have previously.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-11-03/the-fbi-wants-to-make-america-great-again

6 hours ago, phart said:

Get one of the H-team interested in the poll, they can summon admins and everything.

The mods got it posted fast as, even clarified the questions and everything. (edit: although would have been better attached to this thread)

Trump's missus... and future first lady. 

Aye that FBI thing was day or two ago, not even got round to reading it. 

If wikileaks has the goods they should get it out there as anything big will take a few days to get traction with public opinion at this point. it is a bit frenetic.

Trump may sell us out who knows (i don't think so) but Clinton has sold us out and will sell us out for sure. It is not just some slogan for him. 

Clinton is drowning not waving.

Hmmm... clinton's average poll lead down to 1.3% on reaclearpoliticspish. that is as low as I have seen it.

Edited by thplinth

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

That's one worried man right there. Makes plenty of good points. Are both the House and Senate really likely to go Republican? I've not been following the polls on that. No matter how bad Clinton is as a presidential candidate, surely the Democratic position in the States isn't that poor ...

15 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

That's one worried man right there. Makes plenty of good points. Are both the House and Senate really likely to go Republican? I've not been following the polls on that. No matter how bad Clinton is as a presidential candidate, surely the Democratic position in the States isn't that poor ...

Aye, it was quite an alarmist article (and not without foundation), but that was my thought throughout it - why would Trump not be as hamstrung (and more) as Obama was?

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

Aye, it was quite an alarmist article (and not without foundation), but that was my thought throughout it - why would Trump not be as hamstrung (and more) as Obama was?

Just had a look. Both chambers have Republican majorities now; the Senate's fairly tight but the House would need a hefty swing. Back when the world was normal, folk would deliberately vote a split ticket, but now who knows? Can see why he's worried.

I watched a tv documentary about house gerrymandering by the republicans in North Carolina, they also looked at a few other states quickly, what they have done is what you'd expect in some third world tinpot country. They have secured republican majorities in certain states, even when democrats get much larger votes, they can't win. 

America is so utterly fcked, it's quite amazing what people can get away with. 

4chan might be the most unreliable site in history Hampden_loon. Who knows though will have to read through it and see what it says.

Trump is about the only candidate Hillary can win against which should also tell you something.

The Clinton Foundation seems to be a massive money laundering service for state secrets.

Clinton goes to china with a laptop full of confidential information and then just leaves it in her hotel room.

I wasn't aware of this at the time as i was 16 and drinking cider and smoking regal down a field.

Look at "chinagate" which is described by judicial watch as

" Judicial Watch and Judicial Watch alone uncovered the entire Chinagate scandal in 1995, starting with a Freedom of information Act request to the Commerce Department. Chinagate is the most serious scandal in U.S. history. It involves the transfer of America�s most sensitive technology, including but not limited to nuclear missile and satellite technology, apparently in exchange for millions of dollars in contributions to the 1996 Clinton-Gore re-election effort and the Democratic National Committee. "

20 hours ago, kumnio said:

Hilary cleared in latest email 'scandal'

No surprise really. The same guy went out of his way to clear her in July in the most bizarre way, sparking this alleged revolt in the FBI. And just like then he has again shocked everyone by tripping over himself to clear Hillary despite the evidence that would convict any other person 10 times over. I think it just proves the initial suspicion that he really had no choice but to reopen it and was loathed to do so and then as soon as he could he slammed it shut again making a total tit out himself once again. This is a Clinton suck-up. And still he had to do this. 

On 3 November 2016 at 0:04 PM, Denny's Yard said:

No, not at all.  For example you can vote Green in 48 of the 50 states.  And in Utah, an independent candidate has a real chance of winning.

Apologies if this has been covered,  i cannot be bothered reading 33 pages on this post, but is it correct that if , for example , an independent candidate won New Mexico and ultimately there was no outright overall winner of the election,  it would need to go to the House of Representatives and a 3rd candidate has to be chosen? Surely to god we wont have to go through all this again ? Or is this nonsense? I know next to nothing about american politics. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Such a massive disconnect between the media narrative and say this... Just one of seven of Trump's rallies yesterday. Hardly anyone goes to Clinton's rallies (to see her). Cwn87p5UQAEi8lE.jpg

A word of caution would be to remember the attendance differences between Yes and Better Together rallies...