Paris - Page 30 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Its the general vibe i am receiving from the many oil platforms i travel too,, i am sick fed up trying to defend the snp to people who say they "will not recieve my vote again" i cant be the only one on here who has came across this??? the commebt she made about taking a refugee into her house keeps coming up time and again... I dont gree with their stance on the refugee crisis myself so its hard fir me to defend them

Don't defend them then. You can't agree with everything a political party's does or says.

Sure I see anti refugee stuff a lot. Sometimes I counter it with arguments but mostly just ignore it because it's depressing.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the general vibe i am receiving from the many oil platforms i travel too,, i am sick fed up trying to defend the snp to people who say they "will not recieve my vote again" i cant be the only one on here who has came across this??? the commebt she made about taking a refugee into her house keeps coming up time and again... I dont gree with their stance on the refugee crisis myself so its hard fir me to defend them

You don't need to defend them if you don't want to. It doesn't matter what party you choose to vote for (or be a member of) you won't agree with every policy they come up with. Do you think Nicola agrees with every current SNP policy?

This isis situiation is going to have an impact on people's loyalties to the SNP... Many wont like the stance which sturgeon has chosen..IMO the clever political thing would have been to keep her head down and say as little as possible...I dont know about anyone else but the snp's posturing around the refugee crisis/imigrants ect has received a less than warm welcome from members of the party i know.. There are 7 people i know who have canceled their membership and two independence supporting friends on face book have said they are glad we never got independence due to her stance!!sturgeon has not got the political intelligence that salmond has!! Theres no way he would have popped his head above the parapet as she has done,,, its very naive if you ask me...we will win this holyrood elections but i only see bad thing from then on in,,,

Aye he would.

Salmond was becoming a liability.

You don't need to defend every policy of a party because you will never agree with every policy of a party. The question to ask is 'it's more important to you for Sturgeon not to have a refugee in her house or for your kids to receive a good education?'

You don't need to defend every policy of a party because you will never agree with every policy of a party. The question to ask is 'it's more important to you for Sturgeon not to have a refugee in her house or for your kids to receive a good education?'

Although, if you're poor then your kid will get a shite education anyway, under Ms Sturgeon's stewardship...

Yeah I get sick and tired defending innocent people who are suffering at the hands of a terrorist organisation we helped promote too but such is life.

For those who need to have these things brought to their attention....

http://www.scotsman.com/news/world/boko-haram-bomb-kills-32-people-at-truck-stop-1-3952214

"Mr Buhari, a former military dictator, was elected and has promised to break the back of the insurgency by the end of the year, but Boko Haram persists with raids on remote villages and urban suicide bombings that have killed more than 2,000 people this year."

Hampden loon is always on about immigration and refugees on here. Always the complete excrement claimed to be from "friend" who sound like uncaring and intolerant arseholes :lol:

Yup, follows the same pattern again and again. Impressively consistent really.

Apparently there is talk of them playing La Marseillaise at all premier league games this weekend in England.

Deary me.

I am actually finding this more divisive than anything else. It is really coming across like we only care if 'we' are affected. This is particularly reinforced by the fact that many are now showing such a lack of compassion for people fleeing this exact same violence but on a much greater scale.

Apparently there is talk of them playing La Marseillaise at all premier league games this weekend in England.

Deary me.

I can see some folk complaining about what Eamon Holmes said about that this morning.

He made a remark about how it seems like every other week football is wearing black armbands etc...

Just posting the views of people who i come across,,, im sorry i dont live in the fairly tale land of the tamb elite where everyone skips along in harmony the the snp drum...i know its hard to believe but the big bad world outside this message board doent work like that!!!

Yup, follows the same pattern again and again. Impressively consistent really.