Paris - Page 31 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just posting the views of people who i come across,,, im sorry i dont live in the fairly tale land of the tamb elite where everyone skips along in harmony the the snp drum...i know its hard to believe but the big bad world outside this message board doent work like that!!!

This is a lot bigger than one political party. Especially one that don't have control over immigration.

What's the alternative to allowing people into the country?

Edited by ParisInAKilt

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reassurance is key,,, people beed to feel safe and that those which come to our country have gone through the nessecery checks....i know that the refugees that ate arriving have gone through such checks but when sturgeon holds up a banner saying "refugees welcome we have room" it is such an easy thing to spin and misinterpret...maybe im wrong but i think she has been very niave and let her heart rule her actions, leaving her wide open....

This is a lot bigger than one political party. Especially one that don't have control over immigration.

What's the alternative to allowing people into the country?

Edited by hampden_loon2878

Reassurance is key,,, people beed to feel safe and that those which come to our country have gone through the nessecery checks....i know that the refugees that ate arriving have gone through such checks but when sturgeon holds up a banner saying

So what the are you complaining about?

The western world bombs the out of Syria, turns it into a war zone and people complain when it's population flee. Unreal.

Just posting the views of people who i come across,,, im sorry i dont live in the fairly tale land of the tamb elite where everyone skips along in harmony the the snp drum...i know its hard to believe but the big bad world outside this message board doent work like that!!!

Doesn't bother me in the least when the SNP gets slagged on here, I was just agreeing with Parklife about the way you often couch your anti-SNP posts: "I'm staunch SNP but I've this friend who says ... and I struggle to defend it ...." ad infinitum. Just an interesting stylistic device and I'm impressed by the consistency with which you use it. :)

Its the general vibe i am receiving from the many oil platforms i travel too,, i am sick fed up trying to defend the snp to people who say they "will not recieve my vote again" i cant be the only one on here who has came across this??? ... I dont gree with their stance on the refugee crisis myself so its hard fir me to defend them

From my experience most people are very concerned about the influx of refugees, a close freind who has always been a snp man turned round and said the snp will not be recieving his vote this time round, i have heard other mutterings from other snp voting associates ... Im affraid the tories will come out of this looking like a strong party willing to make tough decisions...

I am as staunch a snp supporter as you get and to be honest this is causing me a bit of distress

This is a quote from a friens who live on the weat coast ,,,,honestly i am reading and trying to defend the snp but i just cant,,,

The comments below are from two topics, immigration and the fishing industry, the later being my biggest gripe as they have royally F###%d over the industry...i find it hard to deal with as all my relatives depend on this industry

Doesn't bother me in the least when the SNP gets slagged on here, I was just agreeing with Parklife about the way you often couch your anti-SNP posts: "I'm staunch SNP but I've this friend who says ... and I struggle to defend it ...." ad infinitum. Just an interesting stylistic device and I'm impressed by the consistency with which you use it. :)

I saw the front page of the Sun today (i have to buy it for my gran, her old next door neighbour put it through her door so she could do the crossword for the last 30 years or so, then he unfortunately died, and she had a habit) anyway.... I saw the front page of the Sun today and the female who blew her up was described as "blonde" while the controller of the cell was referred to as "Mr Big"

What the hell are you meant to do with that? The "Blonde" addition suggests such deep-grained culture it cannot be removed even when describing mass murder/suicide.

So - will they ever find him or will we hunt him for a few years then apparently "take him out" in a "targeted" strike in Syria.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34859082

It honestly wouldn't surprise me that he wasn't the mastermind and he is actually dead.

Sky News now saying he was killed in the apartment siege yesterday.

He's been doing it consistently for around 16 months now.

Pretty much every post he's ever made on here has been a criticism of the SNP. Maybe he's genuine as he says he is, but his consistency in style of posting is remarkable.

Can we just be clear that the bulk of Fridsys attackers were "home grown" terrorists.

Can we all agree on that?

If we can, what's the sudden "fear" over the refugees?

FFS! Even the 7/7 bombers were predominantly born and raised in the UK. And the one that wasn't born moved to the UK as a small child.

Hardly lends credence to the "pull up the ladder and lock em out" narrative.

J

Can we just be clear that the bulk of Fridsys attackers were "home grown" terrorists.

Can we all agree on that?

If we can, what's the sudden "fear" over the refugees?

FFS! Even the 7/7 bombers were predominantly born and raised in the UK. And the one that wasn't born moved to the UK as a small child.

Hardly lends credence to the "pull up the ladder and lock em out" narrative.

J

That doesn't mean that we can't have a discussion to make sure that our society takes steps to stop the children and grandchildren of our current immigrants from being radicalised.

There's a middle ground here.....we can't accept racism and sweeping sterotyping of refugees, yet we simply can't veer away from the fact that a certain demographic in our population is vulnerable to Islamic radicalisation.

There's an interesting article here on the contrasts between the US immigration policy (which generally sees their refugees being well integrated), and Europe's (which doesn't).

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/18/should-americans-fear-an-attack-like-what-happened-in-paris