Paris - Page 32 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After he checks them we'll be utterly shocked to discover that more poor people are in prison than rich. In all countries. Clearly a sign of discrimination against the poor.

Why would it be a sign of that? That seems poor deductive reasoning to me.

It seems much more likely that it would indicate poor people have more cause to commit crimes.

you might be right but i doubt it.

It seems much more likely that it would indicate poor people have more cause to commit crimes.

The only 'discrimination' against the poor that you could maybe point to is that they are less likely to have a decent defence team and therefore less chance of being acquitted?

But I'm not sure that's really discrimination.

The absurdity of my deduction was supposed to arouse your suspicion that I wasn't being serious.

Your lack of irony detection is another signal of a mild autistic tendency.

Edited by thewelk

The only 'discrimination' against the poor that you could maybe point to is that they are less likely to have a decent defence team and therefore less chance of being acquitted?

But I'm not sure that's really discrimination.

Would be interesting to map the affect of having good counsel versus bad.

I'm suggesting that the reason there is high representation amongst prisons for muslims is because of a reason other than they are muslim. Which is being disagreed with.

The absurdity of my deduction was supposed to arouse your suspicion that I wasn't being serious.

Your lack of irony detection is another signal of a mild autistic tendency.

The real irony here alanis is i was ripping the pish in my reply. That was a self-diagnostic you ran there doctor :-))

Interesting figures on the prison population in France. Roughly 7% of France is Muslim and 70% of French prisons are occupied by Muslims.

In Britain's prisons:

10% of the population are black (2.3% of UK population).

6% are Asian (3.5% of UK population)

Research shows that B&ME people are disproprortionately likely to get harsher sentences more quickly for comparable offences. The same is true of women (Corston Report), who also suffer the additional consequences of experiencing loss of children on top of the formal sentence.

So the custody system is neither fair nor equitable generally & I suspect France has the same issues generally as here with unfair sentencing practices.

anyone who knows me would associate me with with my pro indepence/snp stance,, i maybe post my grievances on here as i wouldn't dream of posting it on my social media thread as it would just give my unionist freinds ammunition

He's been doing it consistently for around 16 months now.

Pretty much every post he's ever made on here has been a criticism of the SNP. Maybe he's genuine as he says he is, but his consistency in style of posting is remarkable.

Edited by hampden_loon2878

Hampden loon is always on about immigration and refugees on here. Always the complete excrement claimed to be from "friend" who sound like uncaring and intolerant arseholes :lol:

I was beginning to think that I was the only one who had noticed. :ok: Maybe we are just the only 2 who could be bothered to mention it?

Maybe we can just ban people from ever leaving the room they were born in?

That means I'd be stuck in Bellshill - no thanks.

Try Irvine!

You think that's bad, I was born in Kilwinning

I'd be stuck in Greenock :blink:

I'm guessing my missus would win ... Aden.