Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris

'They' do fight back. No doub't you'd much prefer it if they fought back a bit 'harder' every time someone called Jesus a bunny rabbit. Jesus was a bunny rabbit btw.

No, we don't retaliate.

It goes against our beliefs and would just play into the hands of 'the enemy' anyway.

God isn't mocked.

He says He'll take care of it.

We believe Him.

(Prayers going out to you though. :ok: )

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic username.

How's that ? Are you a libertarian when it comes to backwards ideology ?

Like they did in France...?

Yes, exactly like they did in France. It is amazing to me that we tolerate a religious belief that thinks that it is inappropriate for a woman to show any part of her body in public because they are too tempting for men. In this part of the world we don't have to worry about men dragging women down into some alley in public because she is attractive (for the most part) then raping her. Women are free to wear what they want amongst civilised people without the fear of rape. I think to allow such an archaic tradition because it is supposedly part of a religious tradition is wrong and we should not allow it to happen.

The same is true of faith schools which breed segregation amongst children and teach whatever archaic doctrine it is that they want without repurcussions. Faith schools breed ignorance and fear and they are to some extent the beginnings of the boiling pot of extremism, education is the number one most important factor when dealing with this problem because it goes to the root of the issue which is ignorance and intolerance of other people. We do not have to tolerate intolerance, in the modern world we have free speech, we may not agree with everyone but we certainly do not react with violent murder which more and more often seems to be the case with extremists coming from one particular religion, Islam.

The frustrating thing for a lot of people is France for the first time just voted to make palestine a country, with only the US (veto) power and austrailia to vote against it. then something like this happens which is just going to jeopardise all that now. All over satirical pictures that have been getting published for years and years.

I seen a tweet yesterday which said if you are going to kill anyone over religion then do the world a favour and start with yourself.

Says it all

The frustrating thing for a lot of people is France for the first time just voted to make palestine a country, with only the US (veto) power and austrailia to vote against it. then something like this happens which is just going to jeopardise all that now. All over satirical pictures that have been getting published for years and years.

Hmmm, I didn't know that. Another possible motive for the attack?

How's that ? Are you a libertarian when it comes to backwards ideology ?

Yes, exactly like they did in France. It is amazing to me that we tolerate a religious belief that thinks that it is inappropriate for a woman to show any part of her body in public because they are too tempting for men. In this part of the world we don't have to worry about men dragging women down into some alley in public because she is attractive (for the most part) then raping her. Women are free to wear what they want amongst civilised people without the fear of rape. I think to allow such an archaic tradition because it is supposedly part of a religious tradition is wrong and we should not allow it to happen.

The same is true of faith schools which breed segregation amongst children and teach whatever archaic doctrine it is that they want without repurcussions. Faith schools breed ignorance and fear and they are to some extent the beginnings of the boiling pot of extremism, education is the number one most important factor when dealing with this problem because it goes to the root of the issue which is ignorance and intolerance of other people. We do not have to tolerate intolerance, in the modern world we have free speech, we may not agree with everyone but we certainly do not react with violent murder which more and more often seems to be the case with extremists coming from one particular religion, Islam.

I hear you up to a point on the veil thing but (1) banning the veil in France didn't have the effect of preventing the atrocity yesterday and (2) if women are to be free to wear what they want, that includes having the freedom to wear a veil...

I dislike the teaching of any religion to impressionable children. A girl at my wee boy's school declined her invite (or at least her parents declined it ) to his 5th birthday party because they were Jehovah's witnesses and don't mark birthdays.

I was appalled - to be 5 years old and be marked out as different to the rest of your classmates because of your parents' issues in coping with reality...

Hmmm, I didn't know that. Another possible motive for the attack?

I don't know. Seems any motive to coldly walk in and execute folk who are posing no immediate threat to you would be a bit fecked up.

"French and Irish parliaments call for recognition of Palestinian state

"...Israel criticises vote by Irish MPs, arguing that recognition prejudices the outcome of peace negotiations...
The Israeli foreign ministry accused the Irish parliament of giving voice to “statements of hatred and antisemitism directed at Israel in a way which we have not heard before...”.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/11/france-ireland-europe-recognise-palestine-israel

Paris attack shows France’s appeasement of Palestinians and Islamists failed

http://www.jns.org/latest-articles/2015/1/7/paris-attack-shows-frances-appeasement-of-palestinians-and-islamists-failed#.VK8blXsvyQk=

"Israel on Friday formally expressed its “deep disappointment” to France for voting on Tuesday for a Palestinian resolution at the UN Security Council calling for a full IDF withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines by the end of 2017...

...Diplomatic officials said that there was little likelihood that France’s vote would damage Israeli-French ties, though Paris has lost some credibility with Israel’s leadership, something that could hurt its ambitions to play a leading role in the diplomatic process..."

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israel-tells-France-it-was-deeply-disappointed-by-vote-at-UN-386493

Edited by phart

I hear you up to a point on the veil thing but (1) banning the veil in France didn't have the effect of preventing the atrocity yesterday and (2) if women are to be free to wear what they want, that includes having the freedom to wear a veil...

I dislike the teaching of any religion to impressionable children. A girl at my wee boy's school declined her invite (or at least her parents declined it ) to his 5th birthday party because they were Jehovah's witnesses and don't mark birthdays.

I was appalled - to be 5 years old and be marked out as different to the rest of your classmates because of your parents' issues in coping with reality...

Of course banning the veil won't have the effect of preventing the atrocity but it is a step forward in removing segregation amongst people, allowing freedom of expression and stopping oppression. The problem is that you never really know whether a muslim woman is legitimately choosing to wear the veil or whether she is being pressured by male leaders within their community to do so. I bet most wear it out of the fear about what might happen to them if they dont and i bet if most women given the choice would choose not to wear the burkah. Banning the burkah is not intolerent, it is about being intolerent of intolerance.

The problem is that you never really know whether a muslim woman is legitimately choosing to wear the veil or whether she is being pressured by male leaders within their community to do so.

I bet most wear it out of the fear about what might happen to them if they dont and i bet if most women given the choice would choose not to wear the burkah. Banning the burkah is not intolerent, it is about being intolerent of intolerance.

Aye but the point is by banning the veil you're also stopping those who legitimately choose to wear it from exercising their freedom to wear it - it's the other side of the same coin.

Most isn't all...

WTF is "the veil"?

The burkah predates Islam as a item of clothing and has convergent evolution with garments worn by similiar demographs in the same type of climate.

the Quran doesn't say you have to wear "the veil"

In fact the hijab which means "Veil" is an item of clothing which doesn't cover the face at all.

Although banning the veil would put us in line with Syrian policy on the issue, not our allies the Saudi's though who make women wear it.

4.jpg

The one on the left has a very good chance at 'dominating' males.

The one on the right has nae chance.

4.jpg

ehhh, it is not religion propelling all of this, it is money.

Actually it's 'worship'.

Satan doesn't need money, oil, gold, etc.

He wants the worship due God to come to him, and he achieves that through the false belief systems that he creates.

Once he deceives the planet to the point of getting his man (the antichrist) to sit on the world throne in the world capital (Jerusalem) he will then possess the antichrist and say "Ta-da, I've done it."

To which Jesus will say "I believe that you are sitting in my chair."

Nobody should fight for or against their own or anyone else's religion.

Its a private thing between you and your "god'. We can all have our beliefs but let's not fight.

Spot on. Just because someone offends me doesn't give me the right to kill them (otherwise they'd be a lot of corpses!). And any God worth worshipping is a big boy and can look after himself.

I'm no ballistics expert but on the LiveLeak video of this, it looked like he (or she) missed.

Also, why would these terrorists take great care about picking up a shoe so as not to leave evidence, but leave their ID card in the car upon abandoning it?

Most terrorists you hear of are more than happy to take one for the team, but these ones are clearly up for the chase. Schoolboy error.

I know and it is a mistake they keep making, funny isn't it. (Was it not next to some ISIS flags, a Koran a bound set Encyclopedia Terrorista as well and the car tape was on loop with them going "mwa-ha-ha" in an evil sounding voice.)

Anyone spik french?

http://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/charlie-hebdo-le-suspect-entendu-etait-en-cours-de-8h-a-midi-2337901

And an alternative view...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article40651.htm

Edited by thplinth

I know and it is a mistake they keep making, funny isn't it. (Was it not next to some ISIS flags, a Koran a bound set Encyclopedia Terrorista as well and the car tape was on loop with them going "mwa-ha-ha" in an evil sounding voice.)

Anyone spik french?

http://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/charlie-hebdo-le-suspect-entendu-etait-en-cours-de-8h-a-midi-2337901

And an alternative view...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article40651.htm

basically the youngest suspect who handed himself into the police on the 1st night seems to have been in class in high school in a town 300km from paris until midday, ruling him out of the attack. I dont know the newspaper though so i dont know how reliable it is...

Creation having a Creator is a pretty good argument.

Everything had to be designed, so there must be a Designer.

(You're not seriously in the super-fantastic just happened on it's own camp, are you?)

Everyone will.

(Too late though, I'm afraid.)

Scotty, I'll take my chance ;-) if there is a deity I credit him with the foresight to judge a person on how they live there life. I think you'll agree none of us are perfect jealousy, hatred, etc are something that all us humans experience at some point (look at Bzzzz and unionists !! ) My idea of worship (if that is what it is) is to look at something beautiful and think feck me whoever or however that happened they did a fecking good job, and if thats not good enough so be it, alternatively of course we could just be compost ;-) This free will thing is a fecker !!