Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris

I think you have to ask why the media feel the need to ask them. Why do you think that is?

Why do you feel that you need to hear condemnation from certain groups? Are you in any doubt that these attacks would be condemned by 99.9999% of the population, muslim or otherwise?

Generally speaking we are open minded and intelligent people, so we dont need to be told that the overwhelming majority of muslims do not support these actions. However you have to acknowledge that there are a large number of less open-minded who would judge all muslims based on the actions of a few nutters. The news have a responsibility to show muslim groups denouncing the attacks to try to avoid actions of revenge from people who genuinely dont realise that not all muslims support them.

They also have a certain amount of minutes of airtime to fill so i suppose they will find as many people with a "link" to the attacks as possible to fill their slot and get them a nice rep with the boss.

Well, thats my opinion anyway.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you feel that you needed to hear condemnation for this, or else you'd think the whole of Christianity approved of the attack?

Because to me, that's a fecking mental mindset.

No I never, but I suppose it's the difference between a pretty much isolated incident & something that seems to be happening with increasing regularity.

This is a serious plague within our society and I am sick of hearing apologists like Owen Jones coming out of the woodwork to immediately defend Islam when there is still blood on the streets and the killers are still at large. There may only be a small percentage who are willing to take up arms and kill people in the name of Islam but to pretend that Islam is a peaceful religion is a disgrace. Time and time again it is muslim extremists who take to the streets to murder innocent people and we are told that it has nothing to do with Islam, I'm sorry but it does. There is something inherent to the muslim culture that leads to these extreme acts of violence, the hate that is preached by it's community leaders is disgusting and the way that they treat their women is terrible. There is no place for any stone age religious doctrines in a modern civilised society but Islam in particular has not moved on as humanity has progressed. It's time we did something about it instead of ignoring this problem.

1) Get rid of ALL faith schools.

2) Deport those people who we know have links with terrorist organisations in other countries

3) Ban the veil (or whatever you call it)

4) Imprison whose who enforce incesteous marriages within families.

We need to stop tip toeing around these assholes and deal with the problem.

This is a serious plague within our society and I am sick of hearing apologists like Owen Jones coming out of the woodwork to immediately defend Islam when there is still blood on the streets and the killers are still at large. There may only be a small percentage who are willing to take up arms and kill people in the name of Islam but to pretend that Islam is a peaceful religion is a disgrace. Time and time again it is muslim extremists who take to the streets to murder innocent people and we are told that it has nothing to do with Islam, I'm sorry but it does. There is something inherent to the muslim culture that leads to these extreme acts of violence, the hate that is preached by it's community leaders is disgusting and the way that they treat their women is terrible. There is no place for any stone age religious doctrines in a modern civilised society but Islam in particular has not moved on as humanity has progressed. It's time we did something about it instead of ignoring this problem.

2) Deport those people who we know have links with terrorist organisations in other countries

Wow.

20 pager

I'm not getting involved. I had typed a post but deleted it.

I'm not attempting to reason with someone who's answer to the intolerance of a tiny minority, is to stigmatise and become intolerant of an entire faith.

Ironic username.

Religion is man (futilely) trying to earn his way to heaven. It is 'works' based. It is a checklist... a scavenger hunt. It is repetition. Praying 5 times a day in a certain direction (like a robot) for example.

Faith is man understanding that he can bring nothing to the table.

Religion says 'do'.

Faith says 'done'.

Not religion, but 'relationship'.

clangers2.gif And what if that 'Holy Book' preaches 'do unto others'; 'turn the other cheek'; and 'love each other as I have loved you'?

Seems to me that they will be the ONLY victims of people who would disagree.

clangers2.gif An agnostic questions the existence of God, while an atheist denies the existence of God.

Like for a census because their traditional family background was Christian?

No. Ironically (and paradoxically) doubt is a natural part of faith.

If a person hasn't yet nailed their colours to the mast; is still searching; is still questioning; still doesn't know; still hasn't ruled out any camp; then IMHO they are agnostic.

(Although to God, a "Not yet" is a "NO".)

Seek the Lord while He may be found;

call upon Him while He is near;" Isaiah 55:6

A true Bible-believing Christian would be an (active) follower of (the risen) Jesus Christ.

Anybody who isn't sure of the existence of god does not believe in god, and is therefore an atheist. Although I very much dislike that term - I don't believe in the vast majority of imaginary things I could believe in, but only when it comes to god is there a label applied.An agnostic is by definition an atheist.

Your faith, that is to say belief in revelatory truths, has inspired countless acts of inhumanity. You believe you are Right and others are Wrong, and that's all there is to it.

Here's the thing, though - revelation is a falsehood.

Banning "the veil"(A garment which predates Islam by centuries in middle eastern countries) reminds me of folk wanting to ban trench-coats after the Columbine shootings.

France spent millions arming Islamic militants the last few years, from the FSA, to Al Qeada in Libya.

Arming violent people regardless of whatever moves them to act is never a good idea. These last few months loads of foreign policy decisions are blowing up like feck with the deaths of thousands of innocent people, with the events in France being the latest tragic incarnation.

To be honest it's sorta so big you just feel helpless, the actions of a tiny few cast looming shadows across your day.

Anybody who isn't sure of the existence of god does not believe in god, and is therefore an atheist. Although I very much dislike that term - I don't believe in the vast majority of imaginary things I could believe in, but only when it comes to god is there a label applied.An agnostic is by definition an atheist.

Your faith, that is to say belief in revelatory truths, has inspired countless acts of inhumanity. You believe you are Right and others are Wrong, and that's all there is to it.

Speaking as an agnostic I would disagree, I simply dont know about the existence of a deity, nothing has ever convinced me one way or the other, so I suppose I'll find out when I shuffle off my mortal coil.

Edited by Nobby

Bit of a contradiction?

Not that I'm a believer myself though. Religion never made any sense to me.

Bit of a contradiction?

Not that I'm a believer myself though. Religion never made any sense to me.

Really? The concept of an almighty creator who even created himself, and who knows telepathically what each of us on the planet are thinking and doing, and who gets upset by what consenting adults do with their genitals in private despite already knowing what they were going to do and who won't let people into his magic kingdom after they died even if they did believe in him and worship him if they didn't believe in him and worship him in the right way - that doesn't make sense to you???

Really? The concept of an almighty creator who even created himself, and who knows telepathically what each of us on the planet are thinking and doing, and who gets upset by what consenting adults do with their genitals in private despite already knowing what they were going to do and who won't let people into his magic kingdom after they died even if they did believe in him and worship him if they didn't believe in him and worship him in the right way - that doesn't make sense to you???

Whilst the rest is eminently plausible, nay sheer logic, it is the bit in bold that has always bamboozled B)