Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris

The BBC mentioned it only hours after it broke.

These organisations and their spokesmen were quick to respond after it initially broke. The BBC and Sky wilfully ignored this.

How do you know BBC and Sky "wilfully" ignored these comments? Social media reacts much quicker than mainstream news does. The first, and only, news program I have watched today was BBC at 6pm and they had a Muslim spokesman on as 3rd or 4th item on this subject condemning the attacks.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know BBC and Sky "wilfully" ignored these comments? Social media reacts much quicker than mainstream news does. The first, and only, news program I have watched today was BBC at 6pm and they had a Muslim spokesman on as 3rd or 4th item on this subject condemning the attacks.

Exactly

I've had a day off today, so watched BBC News as the event was first reported, two Muslim blokes were on fairly quickly denouncing the attack, and then a French Muslim bloke was also on.

The media have reported the condemnation quickly IMO.

I've had a day off today, so watched BBC News as the event was first reported, two Muslim blokes were on fairly quickly denouncing the attack, and then a French Muslim bloke was also on.

The media have reported the condemnation quickly IMO.

Exactly right also..... ET spouts crap.

Absolutely. My housemate was terrified after the Sydney incident, said nothing major happened but just the looks you get from people can be draining.

In some ways I can understand why Muslim leaders must be flipping sick of having to defend their faith almost on a weekly basis because of these parasitises.

They should have to defend their entirely fictional faith, and the privileged, undemocratic power it gives them as 'leaders', preferably constantly.

I agree, but, there are too many ballbegs looking for a reason to demonise folk with different views/beliefs........

so it helps despel the myths.

That's true.

Almost more importantly is the media response to what happens. I was back when the Lee Rigby shocker happened and was surprised at how the BBC handled it, calling it an act of terrorism and linking it to extremism before theres an investigation doesn't help anyone.

I think that's a different argument to be honest and could be said for all religions

Let's not demonise religion per se either, could also be said of many non-theistic or atheistic ideologies. Anyhow truly sad day for France. I hope the different communities can come together to express their unity at this time in rejecting this assault and reist those who will seek to exploit it for their own political ends.

Let's not demonise religion per se either, could also be said of many non-theistic or atheistic ideologies. Anyhow truly sad day for France. I hope the different communities can come together to express their unity at this time in rejecting this assault and reist those who will seek to exploit it for their own political ends.

The problem isn't religion so much as faith. When people start believing there's an absolute Truth, either written in a holy book or a manifesto or whatever, sooner or later there'll be bloodshed. It needs to be confronted, not appeased.

That's 6PM though. What about before that ?

They did not report the Muslim Council of Britain's swift response to this nor their counterparts over in France. The BBC and Sky did wilfully ignore this.

Asides from this, hopefully the usual racist ####wits can be stopped from demonising the Muslim community and we can protect the latter from revenge attacks just as much as we can defend any publication from a repeat of this vile, murderous attack seen today. We can stand against this barbarity together with both "Charlie Hebdo" and our Muslim mates. The French polis seem to know who exactly they are after now and these evil bastards surely won't get far.

As someone with quite a few Muslim mates and an appreciation of Islamic culture it just really annoys me when these terrorist atrocities are used as an excuse to attack their community or as is more likely in the wider public, to treat them with suspicion.

That's 6PM though. What about before that ?

They did not report the Muslim Council of Britain's swift response to this nor their counterparts over in France. The BBC and Sky did wilfully ignore this.

Asides from this, hopefully the usual racist ####wits can be stopped from demonising the Muslim community and we can protect the latter from revenge attacks just as much as we can defend any publication from a repeat of this vile, murderous attack seen today. We can stand against this barbarity together with both "Charlie Hebdo" and our Muslim mates. The French polis seem to know who exactly they are after now and these evil bastards surely won't get far.

As someone with quite a few Muslim mates and an appreciation of Islamic culture it just really annoys me when these terrorist atrocities are used as an excuse to attack their community or as is more likely in the wider public, to treat them with suspicion.

Honest question: how do your Muslim mates feel about portrayals of Muhammad?

Honest question: how do your Muslim mates feel about portrayals of Muhammad?

Their honestly not bothered. Half are only what I'd call "casually observant" for the big holidays and the others are atheists or agnostics.

Would you have preferred it better if I said they were absolutely, positively, RangurzMedia style raging ? Because their not.

Their honestly not bothered. Half are only what I'd call "casually observant" for the big holidays and the others are atheists or agnostics.

Would you have preferred it better if I said they were absolutely, positively, RangurzMedia style raging ? Because their not.

If they're agnostic or atheist (the same thing), how are they Muslim? I suspect the fact that they're not Muslim may have an effect on why they don't take offence at pictures of Muhammad.

You're'Muslim' friends are Casually observant, atheist or agnostic. ?.......

do you actually read what you write before posting?