Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris

You're'Muslim' friends are Casually observant, atheist or agnostic. ?.......

do you actually read what you write before posting?

I have noticed how you've been trying to draw me out into saying something vile and greatly insulting to you today that would get me into trouble but I'm not falling for it.

If they're agnostic or atheist (the same thing), how are they Muslim? I suspect the fact that they're not Muslim may have an effect on why they don't take offence at pictures of Muhammad.

Their religious beliefs or non-belief for that matter can be whatever they bloody well feel like.

I don't force my friends into thoroughly explaining their religious or political opinions. It's up to them whether they want to express them or not. Some do, some don't.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed how you've been trying to draw me out into saying something vile and greatly insulting to you today that would get me into trouble but I'm not falling for it.

Their religious beliefs or non-belief for that matter can be whatever they bloody well feel like.

I don't force my friends into thoroughly explaining their religious or political opinions. It's up to them whether they want to express them or not. Some do, some don't.

Believe me..... I have no power over your thought process or the ability to make you post something vile......

Its either in you or its not.

Sorry.... ET was saying he has friends who are Muslim, yet are agnostic (neither believe nor disbelieve in a god) or atheist ( Do not believe in a god).....

Thought it contradictory.

why is it important to you to pursue the assumed hypocrisy of some anonymous user of a message boards friends' in a thread discussing the cold murder of people in France? If it's not important then why do it, and also why do it here in this thread and not via PM's?

Sorry.... ET was saying he has friends who are Muslim, yet are agnostic (neither believe nor disbelieve in a god) or atheist ( Do not believe in a god).....

Thought it contradictory.

I would guess that a lot of folk who say they are christian are fairly sceptical about the existence of god which would make them agnostic. There is no reason why folk who say they are muslims can't have the same doubts.

why is it important to you to pursue the assumed hypocrisy of some anonymous user of a message boards friends' in a thread discussing the cold murder of people in France? If it's not important then why do it, and also why do it here in this thread and not via PM's?

Point taken......

It is inappropriate in this thread.

I would guess that a lot of folk who say they are christian are fairly sceptical about the existence of god which would make them agnostic. There is no reason why folk who say they are muslims can't have the same doubts.

How can you be Christian if you neither believe nor disbelieve?

A Christian ( imo) is someone who believes in Christianity and God. If they have doubt, they are agnostic.

Every single newspaper around the globe should re-run the offending article. its very simple the press should be free to offend any organised religion

They are.

Christianity (for example) is an easy target (because they don't fight back) and they are scared of Islam (because they take OTT offence).

That's where we stand.

Absolutely. My housemate was terrified after the Sydney incident, said nothing major happened but just the looks you get from people can be draining.

In some ways I can understand why Muslim leaders must be flipping sick of having to defend their faith religion almost on a weekly basis because of these parasitises.

They should have to defend their entirely fictional faith religion, and the privileged, undemocratic power it gives them as 'leaders', preferably constantly.

Religion is man (futilely) trying to earn his way to heaven. It is 'works' based. It is a checklist... a scavenger hunt. It is repetition. Praying 5 times a day in a certain direction (like a robot) for example.

Faith is man understanding that he can bring nothing to the table.

Religion says 'do'.

Faith says 'done'.

Not religion, but 'relationship'.

The problem isn't religion so much as faith. When people start believing there's an absolute Truth, either written in a holy book or a manifesto or whatever, sooner or later there'll be bloodshed. It needs to be confronted, not appeased.

clangers2.gif And what if that 'Holy Book' preaches 'do unto others'; 'turn the other cheek'; and 'love each other as I have loved you'?

Seems to me that they will be the ONLY victims of people who would disagree.

If they're agnostic or atheist (the same thing), how are they Muslim? I suspect the fact that they're not Muslim may have an effect on why they don't take offence at pictures of Muhammad.

clangers2.gif An agnostic questions the existence of God, while an atheist denies the existence of God.

I know loads of folk who call themselves christians but almost never go to church.

Like for a census because their traditional family background was Christian?

How can you be Christian if you neither believe nor disbelieve?

A Christian ( imo) is someone who believes in Christianity and God. If they have doubt, they are agnostic.

No. Ironically (and paradoxically) doubt is a natural part of faith.

If a person hasn't yet nailed their colours to the mast; is still searching; is still questioning; still doesn't know; still hasn't ruled out any camp; then IMHO they are agnostic.

(Although to God, a "Not yet" is a "NO".)

“Seek the Lord while He may be found;

call upon Him while He is near;" Isaiah 55:6

A true Bible-believing Christian would be an (active) follower of (the risen) Jesus Christ.

Now we pay the price for being too laxist with them (terrorists, not Muslims). We know how they work to send people to Syria or somewhere else, we let them do, and now people look to just wake up. We re not in dreamland, these people are targeting us, if you re not like them you re a target.

They are not true Muslims. They are the shame of the Muslim. The shame of the world. Kill 'em all!

I think it is important. ....

Lets people see it wasn't done in the name of Islam..... ( if that makes sense)..... what I mean is, its not done on behalf of muslim people.

Only a complete fvcking idiot would think other wise.

Only a complete blinking idiot would think other wise.

Agreed.

btw, do you think Islamic/Muslim groups should say nothing on it? Reporters will naturally ask them, so they give a response and the media report it.

we cannot forget either, there are extremist Muslim groups out there, trying to recruit impressionable kids,......

So it also does no harm for those kids to hear a moderate view on it.

Like for a census because their traditional family background was Christian?

Exactly.

In the 2011 census 54% of Scottish people described themselves as christian. I am fairly sure a lot of those folk will be a wee bit agnostic about it. A lot of folk who describe themselves as muslim will be the same.

btw, do you think Islamic/Muslim groups should say nothing on it? Reporters will naturally ask them, so they give a response and the media report it.

I think you have to ask why the media feel the need to ask them. Why do you think that is?

Why do you feel that you need to hear condemnation from certain groups? Are you in any doubt that these attacks would be condemned by 99.9999% of the population, muslim or otherwise?

I think you have to ask why the media feel the need to ask them. Why do you think that is?

Why do you feel that you need to hear condemnation from certain groups? Are you in any doubt that these attacks would be condemned by 99.9999% of the population, muslim or otherwise?

To find an angle - it's for exactly the same reason that the press were looking to interview the pastor of the church in Alva where the wee boy that was killed attended with his mother.

To find an angle - it's for exactly the same reason that the press were looking to interview the pastor of the church in Alva where the wee boy that was killed attended with his mother.

Did you feel that you needed to hear condemnation for this, or else you'd think the whole of Christianity approved of the attack?

Because to me, that's a fecking mental mindset.