Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing has been a viral marketing stunt to boost the flagging readership of a pish French Viz.

During the freedom of expression march, the BBC's Tim wilcoxx is facing calls to be axed for saying "many critics though of Israel’s policy would suggest that the Palestinians suffer hugely at Jewish hands as well." to some Jewish lady , not sure why he brought it up mind you, i can't get the whole interview to see just the small clip contained below.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/01/12/the-bbcs-tim-wilcox-projects-the-last-two-hundred-years-of-european-anti-jewish-ideology-on-an-elderly-french-woman/

Someone also posted or tweeted a list of all the leaders attending the Rally, and all the laws and restrictions they've enacted on their own journalists. Plus aerial views of the staged photos of world leaders.

During the freedom of expression march, the BBC's Tim wilcoxx is facing calls to be axed for saying "many critics though of Israel’s policy would suggest that the Palestinians suffer hugely at Jewish hands as well." to some Jewish lady , not sure why he brought it up mind you, i can't get the whole interview to see just the small clip contained below.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/01/12/the-bbcs-tim-wilcox-projects-the-last-two-hundred-years-of-european-anti-jewish-ideology-on-an-elderly-french-woman/

Someone also posted or tweeted a list of all the leaders attending the Rally, and all the laws and restrictions they've enacted on their own journalists. Plus aerial views of the staged photos of world leaders.

Jon Snow also made the same comparison in one of his tweets. The timing is all wrong in my opinion. They are valid points but need to be put across in the correct context. In terms of freedom of speech I think the Israeli press is pretty liberal.

Jon Snow also made the same comparison in one of his tweets. The timing is all wrong in my opinion. They are valid points but need to be put across in the correct context. In terms of freedom of speech I think the Israeli press is pretty liberal.

Israeli actions killed 16 journalists last year. Correction in the operation protective edge, not the calendar year just a few weeks.

their own press highlighted this then got death threats.

http://mondoweiss.net/2015/01/journalists-publication-newspaper

this is deliberate targetting of journalists

http://en.rsf.org/palestinian-terr-rwb-condemns-air-strikes-on-news-18-11-2012,43690.html

Edited by phart

It was really inspiring to see all the world leaders link arms and lead the people at the front of the march in Paris.

Oh no wait, they done it in a cordoned off street and it was all just a photo opportunity.....

paris-march-wide-shot.jpg

Yeah saw that myself. So many things are staged.

Remember the scene in Iraq where they pulled down the statue of Saddam, completely stage-managed with actors and everything, most of the media reported the show without stating it was a show, same with all these pictures.

From a security point of view, hardly a shock?

You're right, Dave. And it could never have been any other way.

It's the duplicity of the "World Leaders" that gets on my threepenny bits. They were never, ever going to walk with the masses in Paris. So what they have essentially done is to use the event as one big photo op.

Lesley Riddoch spot on as usual

"Nonetheless, our news values are inescapable. Last week, white, Christian French folk came first, French Jews came second, Africans and Arabs vied for a distant joint third. Are readers as blinkered and uncaring? Actually, I think not."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/lesley-riddoch-sadly-we-are-not-all-charlie-1-3657764

Edited by Lamia

Yeah saw that myself. So many things are staged.

Remember the scene in Iraq where they pulled down the statue of Saddam, completely stage-managed with actors and everything, most of the media reported the show without stating it was a show, same with all these pictures.

Don't get me started.

From a security point of view, hardly a shock?

Technically, it was a war zone but it was only a statue.

Lamia, saw that article yesterday, it is a good one. Nothing new in the media placing far greater value on western lives than those elsewhere, but still needed saying.

On another issue, I have found it curious over the past day or so how just how annoyed many people get when I mention to them that, appalling and totally wholly unjustifiable as the attacks in Paris were, having looked into it, many of the cartoons published by the magazine over the past few years were clearly racist. It seems somehow to be heretical to recognise this (I've read umpteen attempts on various sites to 'contextualise' the cartoons over the past few days), the assumption being that I must therefore in some way, shape or form be saying that the attacks were justified or the fault of the journalists. Which I'm not.

Lamia, saw that article yesterday, it is a good one. Nothing new in the media placing far greater value on western lives than those elsewhere, but still needed saying.

On another issue, I have found it curious over the past day or so how just how annoyed many people get when I mention to them that, appalling and totally wholly unjustifiable as the attacks in Paris were, having looked into it, many of the cartoons published by the magazine over the past few years were clearly racist. It seems somehow to be heretical to recognise this (I've read umpteen attempts on various sites to 'contextualise' the cartoons over the past few days), the assumption being that I must therefore in some way, shape or form be saying that the attacks were justified or the fault of the journalists. Which I'm not.

Annnnnd.......we have a winner. :ok:

Spot on.

Nobody mentioning money here either.

60k issues to 3m issues.

I presume the mag will be donating vast sums to some sort of victims funds?