Scotland v Spain - Match Thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Spain - Match Thread

romanticscot

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yassssssssssssssssssssss🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Outstanding from every single player there.

Spain are mediocre (by their standards) these days but they were still very much in the game at 1-0 and creating good situations from crosses.

2-0 and it was a very comfortable seeing out of the game.

MOTM for me Tierney, hasn't played much this season but that was a brilliant performance and he embarrassed a multiple CL winner for the second goal.

10 hours ago, exile said:

I thought I heard the Spanish manager reported as expecting the Scottish team to be 'dynamic' and 'aggressive'.

If I was manager I'd put that quote up on the dressing room wall and let the lads do the rest.

Just now, Tartan Chris said:

Didn't have that much to do, tipped one shot over from Porro and most of the other shots were grasscutters.

Comfortable two games to ease him in.

👍👍

3 minutes ago, exile said:

For those who saw the match, how was Gunn?

Seems he did well, can't argue with a clean sheet.

Spain had 3 attempts on target which he dealt with but none were difficult saves. He had one difficult pass back which he mis kicked backwards and he got booked for time wasting. That sounds like faint praise but he seemed pretty solid.

Just now, mentalist said:

Spain had 3 attempts on target which he dealt with but none were difficult saves. He had one difficult pass back which he mis kicked backwards and he got booked for time wasting. That sounds like faint praise but he seemed pretty solid.

thanks 👍

Hold my hands up I had us getting pumped. If we played every game like that we would be unstoppable. Unbelievable performance from every single player and sub. Viva Scotland ❤️

Rodri's had an absolute shocker with his post game comments. What he's describing is a mirror image of how Spain approached it in the first half. All it succeeded in doing (apart from getting a couple of our lads booked) was to open the door to the fact that this ref was only going to reward players diving and roll around on the floor. It made perfect sense that our team would take that opportunity when they were tired and holding a two goal advantage, and at least there was actual contact when they did.

"We did many good things to win," he said on Viaplay. "We conceded easy goals - this is football, if you concede easy goals you are penalised.

"It's the way they play, but for me it's rubbish, always wasting time, provoking you, always they fall. For me, this is not football. The referee has to take on this, but he says nothing.

"We will learn for the next time. We want to go for duels, for battles - we always fight, but this is not about fighting. It's about wasting time - four, five players on the floor, but this depends on the referee, not on us.

"Today we did many good things, but what's important is the goal, and we didn't score."