craig gordon - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

craig gordon

tartan davie

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched Liam Kelly all season, he is nowhere near the form he was in a year ago when he should have been given gametime against Poland or Austria. Id be very concerned if we are going into the March games with him as our no.1, and I really like the guy!

For me if we are not going to ask Davy Marshall out of retirement, then you really are looking at Xander Clark. I havent seen enough of him at Hearts to know how his form is, but he is the only other option.

Id personally put the Gunn thing to bed. He obviously feels english so thats fine. I have no problem with English born players with a Scottish bloodline playing for Scotland, my own nephews are english born, but Scotland daft, but they need to feel it and want it. Gunn obviously doesnt so we move on.

1 hour ago, Judith said:

Having watched Liam Kelly all season, he is nowhere near the form he was in a year ago when he should have been given gametime against Poland or Austria. Id be very concerned if we are going into the March games with him as our no.1, and I really like the guy!

For me if we are not going to ask Davy Marshall out of retirement, then you really are looking at Xander Clark. I havent seen enough of him at Hearts to know how his form is, but he is the only other option.

Id personally put the Gunn thing to bed. He obviously feels english so thats fine. I have no problem with English born players with a Scottish bloodline playing for Scotland, my own nephews are english born, but Scotland daft, but they need to feel it and want it. Gunn obviously doesnt so we move on.

I've only seen Kelly briefly this season but I'd agree he doesn't look like he did last year. I'd probably go with Zander Clark for the games in March unless there's a drastic change in form between now and then. 

14 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I'd not like to see Marshall coming back personally. From the few Hibs highlights I've seen, he looks a shell of his old self nowadays. It's sad to see.

Marshall never gave me alot of confidence. He's held in high regard because of that penalty save. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Marshall never gave me alot of confidence. He's held in high regard because of that penalty save. 

The order, in my mind, was always: Gordon>McGregor>Marshall>Everyone else. 

Marshall was better than the rest, but both Gordon and McGregor were a level above, so it's mad that he ended up with 47 caps and being our number 1 at the Euros during the same era as the other 2.

Saying that, his experience will count for a lot and I'd take him back for the March games at least.

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Marshall was better than the rest, but both Gordon and McGregor were a level above, so it's mad that he ended up with 47 caps and being our number 1 at the Euros during the same era as the other 2.

Saying that, his experience will count for a lot and I'd take him back for the March games at least.

Marshall being available had a big impact on his number of caps. He only got so many caps because McGregor and Gordon weren't available for most of them. But having got his chance, I don't think Marshall let us down. He was a good steady keeper. He will be remembered mainly for the penalty shoot outs and that mistake v Czech Republic, but I don't think that was all his fault. I think McGregor was better than Gordon but it's all about opinions.

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I think most people would agree with your pecking order. With Gordon's injury I'm not sure what is the new pecking order (either with or without Gunn in the equation). 

Marshall will always be a legend for that penalty save, well, until he threw career away by going to Hibs.  

Zander Clark was outstanding last night, good to hear Steve Clarke was there to see it, it's early days but the signs are good IMO. 

5 hours ago, dan cake said:

That’ll keep the racists happy 

I believe I would be included in that as I want him to have fuck all to do with Scotland. I am not racist against the engerlish, I just hate the cunts and everything that country stands for. I don't give a flying fuck if Gunn is dropped or not just as long as he never pulls on the dark blue of Scotland !! 

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

That's a new one. So it is now racist to prefer not to have a non-Scot represent us who has been asked multiple times before and said no. How odd.

Very odd. Of course it's always going to be a fall back accusation to those characters who can't put forward a real argument of why we should let a guy who has very publicy commited himself to england for the last 10 years and now he realises he ain't going to get a full cap for them decides he very magnanimously will play for us. If that makes me racist then so be it, but it certainly doesn't make me a MUG which is what those calling for gunn to play for us very definately are.