craig gordon - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

craig gordon

tartan davie

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Who said anything about people dying? Think it is you losing the plot as I never said any such thing.

Question for you? If Gunn is so shit hot and so much better than Clark and Kelly why has nobody on this forum been screaming for Gunn's inclusion before now? That tells me he is less than shit hot - quite a lot less.

Also it is a case of true double standards (not you but those that mentioned it before) how experience matters and Clarke should have tried other keepers out as capping them would have helped. Well Clark and Kelly have much more club experience than Gunn so another thing they have over him.

Anyways Gunn is not in the equation and its now up to Clarke to decide between Clark and Kelly. Clark will get the nod I feel as he'll have had a good run of games running up to the qualifiers beginning.

For what it's worth I don't see Clarke calling him up and even if he did Gunn would say no,

He's still young enough to imagine he will become an all time England great so there is zero chance of him asking for a cap. It took me untill my early fifties to realise I would never become world darts champion.

One thing though,  does playing for St Johnstone against St Mirren or Motherwell against Ross County count for much when it comes to club experience?

Personaly prefer Kelly even though Clark seems to be the flavour of the month on here.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

There are an equal number we have tried poaching without success just that we tend to want to forget them. Even in recent times what happened to those being touted in Ashley Barnes and Tino Livramento?

Presume you mean Harvey Barnes? Played once for England but still eligible to switch. Would walk into the team ahead of Christie. Livramento hasn't kicked a ball in ages. Funnily enough, when he first got injured we were crying out for a RB. Now we've got a queue the length of the Links Market for that position. 

26 minutes ago, ghorne67 said:

Presume you mean Harvey Barnes? Played once for England but still eligible to switch. Would walk into the team ahead of Christie. Livramento hasn't kicked a ball in ages. Funnily enough, when he first got injured we were crying out for a RB. Now we've got a queue the length of the Links Market for that position. 

No thanks to both. We have better Scottish options thanks.

Apologies to Barnes and Livramento saying no thanks as that is presuming ludicrously that they'd turn their backs on their counties of birth who they have represented 50+ times and have probably set foot in Scotland about as many times as McBurnie has had a shot on target for us.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

For what it's worth I don't see Clarke calling him up and even if he did Gunn would say no,

He's still young enough to imagine he will become an all time England great so there is zero chance of him asking for a cap. It took me untill my early fifties to realise I would never become world darts champion.

One thing though,  does playing for St Johnstone against St Mirren or Motherwell against Ross County count for much when it comes to club experience?

Personaly prefer Kelly even though Clark seems to be the flavour of the month on here.

Agree on Kelly. Clark is fairly pish I think. 

McCrorie is the man hope to fcuk he gets made Rangers keeper or gets a move. Kelly & McCrorie going forward 👍🏾

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Don't know about being young enough but he surely isn't mad enough to believe  he can still become an all time england great.If he does he should be pulling on a straight jacket and not a goalkeepers shirt.Love it.

7 minutes ago, ghorne67 said:

Looking forward to the meltdown by some folks once Gunn gets called up! 

Yes, we'll get the tiresome "Is he Scottish"? debate. If we were to take this shibboleth:

Can he pronunce the following surnames correctly: Irvine, Murdoch, Sinclair, Dalziel? If that were to be the basis, I'm willing to bet that 98% of our squad ,including  native-born Scots would fail it.

In my young day the dichotomy was between 'home' Scots and so-called 'Anglos.' We never hear that now.

If Gunn is eligible and wants to play, AND HE'S BETTER THAN WHAT HE HAVE,we take him.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Yes, we'll get the tiresome "Is he Scottish"? debate. If we were to take this shibboleth:

Can he pronunce the following surnames correctly: Irvine, Murdoch, Sinclair, Dalziel? If that were to be the basis, I'm willing to bet that 98% of our squad ,including  native-born Scots would fail it.

In my young day the dichotomy was between 'home' Scots and so-called 'Anglos.' We never hear that now.

If Gunn is eligible and wants to play, AND HE'S BETTER THAN WHAT HE HAVE,we take him.

It's came to this.Very sad. 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

It's the notion that you can only have affection for one country, even if you come from a diverse background, that I find strange. The Scotland team is meant to be a selection of the most talented players who are eligible to play for Scotland, not some Alba Party XI. 

28 minutes ago, ghorne67 said:

It's the notion that you can only have affection for one country, even if you come from a diverse background, that I find strange. The Scotland team is meant to be a selection of the most talented players who are eligible to play for Scotland, not some Alba Party XI. 

👍 Scottish virtue signaling

4 hours ago, ghorne67 said:

That's far too sensible for this thread.

Of course, the story could well be hogwash but if it's true I think it's good news.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Lets start a list of your favourite international teams

1 SCOTLAND(presumably) 

2 ???? 

3.???? 

4???? 

5???? 

Ah. The modern football fans. Got to love them. 

Little bit simplistic. Someone like Livramento was born in one country with parents from two other countries. People can have different allegiances and I guess over time those allegiances get sorted out and prioritised. Whoever plays for us, if they commit to us, we should support.