craig gordon - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

craig gordon

tartan davie

20 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Reading the actual interview he says he'll answer the call if needed but plays down actually getting picked and says he expects it to be someone younger

Problem is we haven't got too many who are younger and who have played any first team games.

In England, other than Gunn, we've only got Craig MacGillivray and Ross Doohan playing regularly. And in Scotland we've only got Clark and Kelly playing regularly in the Premiership. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason there's more antipathy towards Gunn than other players through the parent/grandparent rule is he's actively been anti Scottish on his social media over the years liking and reposting stuff taking the piss out of Scotland. People on here have mentioned Che or James Morrison but neither have ever had a bad word to say about Scotland.

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Problem is we haven't got too many who are younger and who have played any first team games.

In England, other than Gunn, we've only got Craig MacGillivray and Ross Doohan playing regularly. And in Scotland we've only got Clark and Kelly playing regularly in the Premiership. 

Is McGillivray even playing regularly? I thought he was second choice at Charlton.

25 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I think the reason there's more antipathy towards Gunn than other players through the parent/grandparent rule is he's actively been anti Scottish on his social media over the years liking and reposting stuff taking the piss out of Scotland. People on here have mentioned Che or James Morrison but neither have ever had a bad word to say about Scotland.

Seriously??

30 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I'd like to see the evidence if anyone can find it?

On 1/6/2023 at 2:45 PM, ghorne67 said:

It's the notion that you can only have affection for one country, even if you come from a diverse background, that I find strange. The Scotland team is meant to be a selection of the most talented players who are eligible to play for Scotland, not some Alba Party XI.

🤣 Nicely put & couldn't agree more.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh really?? I'm mere Scottish than awe you part timers that are greetin for an englishman who confessed his live for engerland, to play for Scotland !! This board has gone mad !!  To fuckin soft !!

Big Ramy , I'll give you you're due, at least you're honest with your hatred for the English. 

I've often wondered if we had some Brazilian or Argentinian player with a Scottish granny maybe considering the same switch as the likes Gunn there would be such a uproar at the mere thought on here 🤔

34 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Big Ramy , I'll give you you're due, at least you're honest with your hatred for the English. 

I've often wondered if we had some Brazilian or Argentinian player with a Scottish granny maybe considering the same switch as the likes Gunn there would be such a uproar at the mere thought on here 🤔

Not a chance.

Spot on Ramy.

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh really?? I'm mere Scottish than awe you part timers that are greetin for an englishman who confessed his live for engerland, to play for Scotland !! This board has gone mad !!  To fuckin soft !!

Well said Ramy.It's f..king horrible to see it happening in front of our own eyes.All that stupid phoney woke and mindfulness shit is dripping it's way into football now.The gentrification of football is taking place in front of our very  eyes.Passion getting sucked out of the game.Take that away and your left with the sort of atmosphere you get at womens football.Insipid .The worst thing that ever happened was sky tv who started making it palatible to the middle classes and taking the game away from the working man.The day that Stephen Fry started talking about which footie team he supported was the first nail in footballs coffin.Keep the faith Ramy.

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

You better fuckin believe it !! If you declare that you wanted to play for another country before Scotland, then you can fuck right off to it !!!! Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, don't care. It's an honour to pull on the dark blue of Scotland, not a fuckin charity or second fiddle !! I would swim the shark infested waters of the icy cauld waters of the Atlantic to play for Scotland !! I'll tell yae this... You put 11 Ramys on the historic pitch of Hampden, a World Cup Cometh!! Fact !!! Scotland Forever !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You better fuckin believe it !! If you declare that you wanted to play for another country before Scotland, then you can fuck right off to it !!!! Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, don't care. It's an honour to pull on the dark blue of Scotland, not a fuckin charity or second fiddle !! I would swim the shark infested waters of the icy cauld waters of the Atlantic to play for Scotland !! I'll tell yae this... You put 11 Ramys on the historic pitch of Hampden, a World Cup Cometh!! Fact !!! Scotland Forever !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

The way it should be.😄

15 hours ago, csinclair said:

I’ve just gone right through his entire Twitter feed. Unless it’s been deleted, there’s nothing anti-Scottish there. He is pro-England but as someone who has played right through to u21s that is not surprising. I personally don’t understand how that could happen when his dad played for Scotland, although there are Union Jacks  on a wall in which Gunn Senior was sitting. 

I think if he’s humble enough and says he felt he owed England for supporting him at youth level, then okay, we can use him until someone better comes along. 

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ramy, some sports you have to live in the country to represent the country (Rugby for some nations fpr example)

Would you be happy if somebody said you couldnt represent Scotland because you dont live here. That in their mind that makes you less commited to Scotland?

54 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ramy, some sports you have to live in the country to represent the country (Rugby for some nations fpr example)

Would you be happy if somebody said you couldnt represent Scotland because you dont live here. That in their mind that makes you less commited to Scotland?

Don't see the comparison with the gunn case. As far as he is concerned he qualifies through his father but HE MADE the choice to go with england and has played 28 times for them at various age groups since under 16.If that doesn't show a total   commitment to england and absolutely ZERO to us then i don't know what does. He's english which is fair enough but he shouldn't be anywhere near a Scotland team which i think is also a fair enough point to make. 

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Appreciate the question DS, but I think you are not understanding my point. I am not a fan of the Granny rule, but it is what it is. In saying that, if a player knows they qualify for Scotland, but decides to play for another country, then finds out at Senior level they are not good enough, then decide they will play for Scotland, they can Fuck Off ! You commit to Scotland from day 1, or fuck off. We are not a charity or second choice country to anyone !!

As far as me??? I am 100% eligible to play for Scotland... I was born and bred in Glasgow, play the Bagpipes, have Scottish Tattoos, drank in The Shed, Iron Horse, Renfrew Ferry, with the Tartan Army. I have woken up drunk on Sauchihal Street, not knowing how I got there. Dip my shortbread in my tea, and have had a couple square go's, I think that qualifies me mate !! I would never, ever, ever, ever play for anyone but Scotland !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

14 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I'm a Southampton fan and when we had Forster, Gunn and McCarthy, Forster was far superior to the other two (IMO).

For me, Gunn and McCarthy were two peas in a pod and nothing special.

How do you reckon he compares to Zander Clark and Liam Kelly though?

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’ve just gone right through his entire Twitter feed. Unless it’s been deleted, there’s nothing anti-Scottish there. He is pro-England but as someone who has played right through to u21s that is not surprising. I personally don’t understand how that could happen when his dad played for Scotland, although there are Union Jacks  on a wall in which Gunn Senior was sitting. 

I think if he’s humble enough and says he felt he owed England for supporting him at youth level, then okay, we can use him until someone better comes along. 

Don't, he's getting a hard enough time on here as it is! 😂

18 hours ago, csinclair said:

Gunns not been anti Scottish 😂

17 hours ago, thesaint said:

Spot on Ramy.

Well said Ramy.It's f..king horrible to see it happening in front of our own eyes.All that stupid phoney woke and mindfulness shit is dripping it's way into football now.The gentrification of football is taking place in front of our very  eyes.Passion getting sucked out of the game.Take that away and your left with the sort of atmosphere you get at womens football.Insipid .The worst thing that ever happened was sky tv who started making it palatible to the middle classes and taking the game away from the working man.The day that Stephen Fry started talking about which footie team he supported was the first nail in footballs coffin.Keep the faith Ramy.

The crowd sure felt flat when McTominay scored that last minute winner against Israel and when Che scored against Denmark. I feel sorry for the punters who accidentally celebrated before realising the goal scorers had been born below an imaginary line on a map. 

13 minutes ago, ghorne67 said:

The crowd sure felt flat when McTominay scored that last minute winner against Israel and when Che scored against Denmark. I feel sorry for the punters who accidentally celebrated before realising the goal scorers had been born below an imaginary line on a map. 

😂 👍

17 minutes ago, ghorne67 said:

👏