craig gordon - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

craig gordon

tartan davie

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, thesaint said:

Surely not. Thought he was so honourable in his decision to play for england no matter what. Anyway the wind blows eh! 

Was more concerned that our goalkeeper wanted to wear dark blue!  Surely not a good idea during a home game? 😁

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Little bit simplistic. Someone like Livramento was born in one country with parents from two other countries. People can have different allegiances and I guess over time those allegiances get sorted out and prioritised. Whoever plays for us, if they commit to us, we should support.

Commit is the crucial word.Don't have a problem if they qualify through parentage but gunn has been anything but commited to us.In fact he has gone out of his way to say he wanted to play for england.Now he obviously realises he ain't going get anywhere near their squad so as if by magic he suddenly wants to play for us.Don't like that sort of shit.

34 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Commit is the crucial word.Don't have a problem if they qualify through parentage but gunn has been anything but commited to us.In fact he has gone out of his way to say he wanted to play for england.Now he obviously realises he ain't going get anywhere near their squad so as if by magic he suddenly wants to play for us.Don't like that sort of shit.

It’s happened before and it’ll happen again. I’m sure James Morrison played youth levels for England, didn’t have a chance at full international level so then chose us. 

5 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

It’s happened before and it’ll happen again. I’m sure James Morrison played youth levels for England, didn’t have a chance at full international level so then chose us. 

Shit happens.Doesn't mean you need to like it.Never liked it then and still don't.Goes against everything that international football should be about.Would be interested to know the split between those that think it's fine and those that think it's the antithesis of what International football is actually about.

Fuck him. I’m deeply in the ‘cut my nose off to spite ma face’ camp.

he doesn’t view himself as Scottish so he shouldn’t play. It’s not win at any cost, it’s international football…… it’s what’s wrong with the modern fitba’s mentality…. it’s all about ‘me’….. just like that dick infantino and his clingons proved last month.

1 minute ago, ger intae them said:

he doesn’t view himself as Scottish so he shouldn’t play. It’s not win at any cost, it’s international football…… it’s what’s wrong with the modern fitba’s mentality…. it’s all about ‘me’….. just like that dick infantino and his clingons proved last month.

Exactly my take on it.Don't understand the mentality of supporters who couldn't really give a shit where or how we get players.What satisfaction do you get from going down that road.I guy who commited totally to england  despite being asked twice at least should never be near a SCOTLAND squad.

2 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Absolutely mental 

10 hours ago, thesaint said:

Che adams and plenty of others have done the same. You think james morrison wanted to play for scotland over england?

I think the rule should be simplified. If a player can't trace his roots all the way back to Willie Wallace or Robert the Bruce then there is no way he can have enough commitment in his blood and guts to be fit to represent Scotland at football.

Although some folk might still find the Robert The Bruce connection a wee bit tenuous?

48 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think the rule should be simplified. If a player can't trace his roots all the way back to Willie Wallace or Robert the Bruce then there is no way he can have enough commitment in his blood and guts to be fit to represent Scotland at football.

Although some folk might still find the Robert The Bruce connection a wee bit tenuous?

He didn’t always seem 100% committed in Braveheart if I remember correctly 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe there could be some sort of Tamb interview were they have to go head to head against our most Scottish posters. Do you vote SNP, do you have ginger baws and can you recite Burns etc

14 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

We are in such a monumental pickle on the goalkeeping front, that any news like this is good news. Gunn is a superior Goalkeeper to our 3 untested keepers  and while it sticks in the craw given his previous rejections of us, I'm of a mind that we should 'use' him until someone better comes along 

Exactly how Clarke will see it too. Common sense and we will soon forget Gunn wanted England first the same way we forgot the rest. 

Didn’t Che Adams turn us down twice? No one thinks about that now he’s scored a few and is our best option up front. The same thing will happen with Gunn f he’s selected and plays well, everything else will be forgotten. Still wish we had someone better though.

Growing up, the best footballer out of my circle of friends would have been eligible for Scotland, England or N.Ireland if he’d made it as a professional. There are a lot of people in the British Isles in a similar situation. I think it’s acceptable to maybe have a preference without meaning you can’t still have an attachment to another country.

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Che adams and plenty of others have done the same. You think james morrison wanted to play for scotland over england?

No,and i said how i feltl about that in past topics on the forum. Wouldn't have any player in our team who had already commited to another country. Plenty on the forum think different but for me it goes against everything that International football stands for and what separates International football from club football. The fact that you live or die with players from YOUR COUNTRY and can't pick anyone that suits you is what gives you the pride when you actually do achieve something. 

1 hour ago, The Black Bra said:

Didn’t Che Adams turn us down twice? No one thinks about that now he’s scored a few and is our best option up front. The same thing will happen with Gunn f he’s selected and plays well, everything else will be forgotten. Still wish we had someone better though.

Growing up, the best footballer out of my circle of friends would have been eligible for Scotland, England or N.Ireland if he’d made it as a professional. There are a lot of people in the British Isles in a similar situation. I think it’s acceptable to maybe have a preference without meaning you can’t still have an attachment to another country.

Problem with keepers their mistakes stick out so matter what they do fans will stick to their guns(pun) and underate the. 

Marshall went from the keeper who got us to the Euros to the one who got us knocked out in a couple of months. 

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Great idea. 😄

18 hours ago, thesaint said:

Gunn can get to fuck !!! Dinnae care how good he is. As soon as you say you wanted to play for engerland before us, Get To Fuck !!!🖕🖕🖕. Scotland Forever !!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

27 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Gunn can get to fuck !!! Dinnae care how good he is. As soon as you say you wanted to play for engerland before us, Get To Fuck !!!🖕🖕🖕. Scotland Forever !!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Great to see you back big man. I need all the support i can get regarding this Gunn shit. This forum is absolutely awash with these characters saying it doesn't matter if players have commited themselves to. england. Can honestly say i never thought i would see the day. 

26 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Reading the actual interview he says he'll answer the call if needed but plays down actually getting picked and says he expects it to be someone younger

Never let the truth get in the way of a sensational headline. 😂