v Armenia - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

v Armenia

supersub

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

i think now rather than future….   But it’s going to be two from three as need to accommodate tierney.

I think Souttar might just steal that RCB jersey away from McTominay/Hendry going forward. I'm certain McKenna is going to be Hanley's long term successor. Possibly sooner than we think since he is now an EPL player and Hanley isn't. Hendry will be in and out of the team for the next few years due to rotation.

3 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I think Souttar might just steal that RCB jersey away from McTominay/Hendry going forward. I'm certain McKenna is going to be Hanley's long term successor. Possibly sooner than we think since he is now an EPL player and Hanley isn't. Hendry will be in and out of the team for the next few years due to rotation.

Good call. I’d like to see this 

Guest Scot1

Happy with that performance and result. Thought our back 3 looked good, would start the same  3 against Ireland. In fact I’d be happy with the same back 5 against ROI, thought Ralston had a good game. Good to see Patterson return from injury. On another night we could’ve got 1 or 2 more goals, but pleased with the performance.

Edited by Scot1

Guest Scot1
9 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I thought Hendry was solid in the middle of the 3, liked the look of our back 3 tonight. 

1 minute ago, Scot1 said:

I thought Hendry was solid in the middle of the 3, liked the look of our back 3 tonight. 

I have no qualms with playing Hendry either. But it'll be Tierney, and 2 others. The fact we have Hanley, Cooper, McKenna, Hendry and Souttar to choose from is quite incredible. Surely McTominay won't be in that equation for much longer.

Armenia are the worst team I've seen playing at this level, they were utterly woeful. At least the likes of San Marino, appear to have a game plan.

While, the 3 Centre backs were fine, we can hardly say they were tested. Armstrong, Christie and McGinn were incredibly wasteful while Adams performance just screams out how badly we really need to find a decent striker.

Ralston was the absolute stand out performer and has made a great case for keeping hold of the Jersey.

How ROI got beat off that mob is an utter mystery

Just now, Malcolm said:

well how do you fit them in the team without playing one of them out of position. Ie full back.

You play them both the way they've played last 2-3 years. Best 2 players and when one is missing we're a weaker side.

th8nk the team is

Gordon

patterson.    Souttar  McKenna tierney.   Robertson

Mctominay.   Jack.   Mcgregor

Mcginn

Adams

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

th8nk the team is

Gordon

patterson.    Souttar  McKenna tierney.   Robertson

Mctominay.   Jack.   Mcgregor

Mcginn

Adams

Jack pulled out of squad injured 

Interesting that ppl want to drop hanley and cooper because of tonight. Armenia wouldnt even test raith rovers defence based on tonight. The difference tonight was that we hadvthe energy and drive to get a result and dominate. The players were simply terrible on wednesday and need to take the flak for letting the fans and clarke down.

17 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Sorry to disagree but I would say he was responsible for at least a couple of the times Armenia got into forward positions. 

He’s the only player I would replace. 

Hanley and Cooper are far better in the middle of a back three as they have both proved in recent games against decent opposition.